Your kids and drugs

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by TheFallenOne, May 11, 2004.

1. TheFallenOne

TheFallenOne Member

I get into this debate a lot, mostly at work b/c I work w/a bunch of Christians that don't do drugs and stuff.

Say your kid's 13-16, you know, the jr. high age where the drugs are introduced, would you do the drugs w/them, or would you rather them go to a party and not know what the hell's goin' on?

I don't have any kids, however I do plan on having them in the future and seeing as how I do some drugs, I wonder what I would actually do in a situation such as this. Honestly, I'd rather do the drugs w/my child in my own home, where I know they're safe and I can see how they react to them, and not be exposed to them at a party and they end up getting way fucked up and don't know what's going on... when I say drugs, I'm mainly referring to pot, rolls, shrooms, acid, stuff like that, not coke, heroin, and horrible stuff like that. I'm not saying that I'm going to make my kid do the drugs, just have the chance to experience them in a safe enviornment if they feel the need to. I'd be sober, so if things got out of hand, I'd be able to control the situation and all.

What are everyone's thoughts on this? Do you feel it's wrong, or bad parenting? Why?

2. UTcolorchangn420

UTcolorchangn420 Member

I wouldn't introduce it to my kids, I'd let them adventure on their own when they're ready. Once I catch them, which I will considering I know all the tricks since I used them, I will have a talk with them. I'll let 'em know that I don't have a problem with safe use of it, as long as it doesn't interfere with school/sports/etc. I'll just be honest with them.

Well, I reread your post and it said the ages of 13-16. I wouldn't approve of my children smoking regularly 'til the age of 16. If they were too much younger I'd have to put a stop to it til they're older. Of course it varies from child to child, but that would be my general rule of thumb.

3. dj_reegz

dj_reegz Member

Well I'd like to think that I'll have an open and trusting dialog with them about this. SO that if they want to experiment then they will feel comfortable with experimenting with my (She'll be my wife then) wife and I. I mainly want them to learn how it effects them in a safe enviroment. I'd rather pot then alcohol myself, but thats me. Drugs I'd let my kids use are Pot, alcohol, lsd and maybe mdma but I'd have to test it first. But I'd make sure they have a full understanind of the drug first. Quiz them if I have to, and since I already know how all those drugs effect me. I'd be able to maintain control. But I wouldn't make them do drugs all the time with me. That would just suck. And if they wanna try E at a rave for the first time i'd just go with them. I'd probably already be going anyway. Bottem line I wanna know that they're safe, know that they know about the drugs they're using, and I want them to tell me what they're going to be using. So if I come home and find them lying on the floor batting at non-existant objects I'll know whats going on.

4. garf12

garf12 Member

weed is all I would put up with.

5. sag aloo

sag aloo Member

Howard Marks said doing e with your kids is fantastic !

6. WanderingturnupII

WanderingturnupII Grouchy Old Fart

7. OneLoveZion

OneLoveZion Member

im 13 and my dad introduced me to drugs earlyer this year and since then i know ive been able to talk about anythin freely with him and it feels alot better to know i have him he said that when i believ im ready if i come to him he will smoke it with me tell me how to obtain it and such but i feeel i have much stronger bonds with my dad but my mom doesnt know so its a little wierd

8. Ocean Byrd

Ocean Byrd Artificial Energy

My rule for my kids will be: 18, do it if you want, even if you still live in my house; at least be able to support your habit. Otherwise, if your grades are good, and I catch you, I'll confiscate the stuff. If your grades are bad, and I catch you, expect some privilages to disappear.

9. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

is that how your treated? or do you think your not treated harshely enuf?

10. Ocean Byrd

My parents would fucking hand me over to the cops if they didn't love me... I get uber busted for drug use if they catch me though. Besides, the rules I plan to keep seem far less severe; my parents would cause me a lot of grief if I had striaght A's and got caught.

11. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

i think if you get straight a's then there shouldnt be any punishment at all! clearly you can handle it!

12. Ocean Byrd

From what my mom told me today, there would be serious repocutions (can't spell...) if I'm caught smoking again. Although I doubt they'll get as extremem as they've speculated (kicking me out), things won't be fun. What I'm saying that I'll do is all I could wish for right now.

13. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

my mum is jsut worried i dont have the money to buy weed, so if i get a job im sweet. she smokes every now and then so she understands. i dont do it during teh week tho so theres not much prob.

14. Ocean Byrd

Ya, I even promised her that I'd cut down; only on weekends. She still isn't pleased about it though...

15. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

waht are your marks and sporting enthusiasm then