your favorite Salad and Salad dressings

Discussion in 'Munchie Recipes' started by We_All_Shine_On, May 13, 2004.

1. We_All_Shine_On

We_All_Shine_On Senior Member

What do you like in your salad? I like mine just lettuce. And for dressings, all though I like italian and ranch, the best is Sweet Onion Vinagratte (I know thats now how u spell it)
    What do you like?

2. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

i usually like a nice mix of greens, and some spinach. a couple few veggies, like brocoli and whatnot, then i like to add some crushed nuts or sunflower seeds, maybe some tomatos, and lately ive been getting into putting apples or strawberries in there too. and any type of vinnegrette is the only dressing i use, and i just started making an excellent peach vinnegrette, which is pure extacy.

3. scarlettchasingroses

scarlettchasingroses strawberry tart

greek salad with balsamic vinaigrette......mmmmm......

4. Lilyrayne

Lilyrayne Chrisppie

Well first I always start off with some red leaf lettuce.

Then I either put olive oil and balsalmic vinegar on it, along with some red onions and oranges.

Or, I put a sun dried tomato vinagrette dressing, with sunflower seeds and french fried onions. Yum!

Sometimes I like to go all out and make a salad with tons of other veggies on it along with some ranch. But I usually don't like dairy.

5. Lilyrayne

Lilyrayne Chrisppie

OOOOH Recipe!!!! Please!!! hehehe!

6. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

I love ranch dressing :)

7. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

I like lettuce, carrots, tomatoes, cabbage, eggs, cheese, and ranch dressing

8. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

I like my salad filled with as many veggies as possible...
    And either italian dressing or caesar...yummmy!!

9. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

I like field greens or spinach with cranberries and Newmans Own Balsamic Vinaigrette...mmmm......

10. Harvest*mama

Harvest*mama Member

spinach leaves, escarole, cheese, croutons, tomatoes, sunflower seeds..... and ranch dressing~

Valerie

11. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

i am a weirdo. i don't really put much lettuce in mine at all. a little lettuce on the bottom, lots of tomatoes and cucumbers. i like to put a lil bit of cheese on top and some black olives....................................... for the dressing i put some vinegar and some olive oil............................. mmm thinks i will go make me a salad

12. We_All_Shine_On

We_All_Shine_On Senior Member

lol salad is so tasty and so simple. but dammit I hate when theres like other shit in my salad. "get outta here man, it's lettuce only."

13. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

organic fresh romaine, butter lettuce or dark leafy lettuce
    tomato (i like the cherry toms the best)
    shredded carrots
    sprouts (depends on what i've sprouted most recently)
    green onion
    radishes
    kohl rabi! yummm!!
    cheese chunks
    nuts and seeds for sure
    sometimes a bit of lightly steamed brocc or cauli
    baby spinach leaves definitely!
    and anything else that looks fresh and alive and yummy that i see when i'm shopping at the market...i picked up some fresh mint leaves this week. :)

and for dressing... extra virgin first cold pressing olive oil with raspberry vinegar and a wee bit of balsamic, seasalt and pepper.

or sometimes i'll do lettuce wraps with hummus and assorted salad fixings as listed above.

14. ImmortalDissident

ImmortalDissident Senior Member

My favorite salad is a salad sandwich. I don't know if my family is the only one who sometimes eats these for lunch and dinner.... but basically it is what the name says. Use soft french or regular white bread and put mayonaise on it. Layer the sandwich with lettuce, tomato, red onion, colby jack cheese and whatever else you like in salads. Pour salad dressing over the salad part (maybe a tablespoon) for flavor. Top with pepper and there you go.

15. AutumnAuburn

AutumnAuburn Senior Member

MMMMM....

Cheap white bread, or Wonder bread....

Mayo, thick...

Beefsteak tomatoes, sliced thick....

Salt and pepper....

MMMMMM......

16. AutumnAuburn

AutumnAuburn Senior Member

As for my favorite salad... My sister makes it...

I think she gets the Spring Mix, from the store... It has all kinds of different greens in it... Then she adds cucumber, avocado, cherry tomatoes and big chunks of feta cheese... Then, she puts Cowgirl Ranch dressing on it.

Awesome...

17. honeyhannah

honeyhannah herbuhslovuh

Carrots, feta, cherry tomatoes, strawberries, oranges, cucumbers, apples, lettuce, baby spinach, eggs, olives, banana peppers, green peppers, cabbage, zucchini, egg noodles, broccoli, mushrooms.

My favorite dressing is raspberry vinaigrette, and italian, and ranch in that order.

18. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

I hate to admit this, but I love that Cobb salad dressing that you get at McDonalds. Actually that Crispy Chicken Cobb salad is good all the way around.

19. scarlettchasingroses

scarlettchasingroses strawberry tart

mmmm....i love cobb salad....but not the kind from mcdonalds...here's the original recipe for Cobb Salad which was made for the first time in 1937 at The Brown Derby in Hollywood.....

The Original Cobb Salad
    1/2 head lettuce, about 4 cups
    1 bunch watercress
    1 small bunch chicory, about 2 1/2 cups
    1/2 head romaine, about 2 1/2 cups
    2 medium peeled tomatoes
    6 strips of crisp bacon
    2 breasts of boiled chicken
    3 hard cooked eggs
    1 avocado
    1/2 cup crumbled Roquefort cheese
    2 tablespoons chopped chives
    1 cup (approximately) Original Cobb Salad Dressing
    Cut lettuce, half the watercress, chicory and romaine in fine pieces and arrange in a large salad bowl. Cut tomatoes, bacon, chicken, eggs, and avocado in small pieces and arrange, along with the crumbled Roquefort cheese, in strips on the greens. Sprinkle finely cut chives over the Cobb salad and garnish with the remaining watercress. Just before serving mix the salad with the Cobb salad dressing.

Original Cobb Salad Dressing
    1/4 cup water
    1/4 cup red wine vinegar
    1/4 teaspoon sugar
    1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
    2 teaspoons salt
    3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
    1/4 teaspoon dry English mustard
    1 small clove garlic, finely minced
    1/4 cup full-flavored olive oil
    3/4 cup salad oil

Blend all ingredients together, except oils. Add olive and salad oils. Mix well.
    Blend well again before mixing with salad. The water is optional, depending upon the degree of oiliness desired in the dressing.

20. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

been trying to find a codd dressing..in the bottle.......thanks for both recipes!!!!

WTF how did I turn these Italics on!!!! hhhhhhhmmmmmm "ctrl I" does it...cool!!!! lesseee here bold underline hehehehe learn something new everyday!!!!