Your Death

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by SpacemanSpiff, Feb 15, 2009.

1. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

Three weeks ago a friend of mine was told by his mothers doctor that his mother had two weeks max to live...she died 13 days later

Would you want to know when you will die....or do you like to be surprised?...personally I think I would want to know

2. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

no. i'm gonna live to be 120.. so i got a while.

3. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

No, fuck that shit. I'm dreading 12/12/12 actually. That shit scares this bajesus out of me.

4. prissbaby

prissbaby creepy

I'd rather not know.

5. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

It's just another Y2K and I'm looking OH SO FORWARD to 12/13/12. Because I'm going to have the biggest "told you so" grin on my face ever.

6. Dave_techie

Dave_techie I call Sheniangans

the thing is all the hippie dippy bullshitters who have no idea are going to be like "there was a change, can't you feel it, it's a new world!"

and, they will claim that they are right, until it's forgotten, then they'll say they disbelieved all along.

7. lode

lode Banned

Nah, I think I'd want to know so I could live the rest of my live even more boldly than I do now.

8. Arlandis

Arlandis Visitor

I would want to know. definitely.

Hell, I want to plan it to be honest

9. _orgazmik_

_orgazmik_ o_O

I wouldn't want to know.

10. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

Haha, yeah, my roommate thinks the world will be significantly hotter that day. Or a meteor's going to take us out. Either way, we're going to carry towels around. :D

11. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

But you could die any day... I could walk out of my house right now and get hit by a truck or get in a car accident and die.. Every day is a gamble basically...

12. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

wouldnt you NO voters want to tie up loose ends?...and have time to say things that you never said to people you care about?

13. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

I meant IF you had the choice of knowing....some of us will be surprised...and some wont

14. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

Well no, I probably wouldn't want to know... But then there is that part of me that would want to know... It's a real hard question to answer to be honest... You can weigh both sides of it, they both have their "pros and cons" or what-have-you...

15. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Senior Member

I don't know how long I'ma live, and I don't even know that I'ma live past this whole, "It's the end of the world as we know it" deal, but I do know that I don't wanna die all painful and slowly, if it would be quick I'd appreciate it.

16. Dave_techie

Dave_techie I call Sheniangans

if I knew that I would survive everything until that day, totally.

17. _orgazmik_

_orgazmik_ o_O

I agree. There's a part of me that would want to know but once I knew I'd probably be unhappy the remainder of my time. All I'd be able to think about is the day my life would be over. I wouldn't be able to live life as I am now. I have a fear of death, anyway.

18. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

My first answer was no, but I changed my mind to yes. There's a ton of stuff I want to do before I kick the can. Has anyone seen the movie "The Bucket List"?

19. FireflyInTheDark

FireflyInTheDark Sell-out with a Heart of Gold

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1190080/board/flat/128383552?p=1

Fear not, pixy. Mankind will surely survive 2012, though civilization might collapse in the needless panic! :eek:

20. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

why? the sun doesn't line up with the center of our galaxy until 12-21-2012. :rolleyes: