Your death day

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by unfocusedanakin, Mar 1, 2019.

1. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Every year without your knowledge you live past your "death day". The day of the year that will one day be your last day on Earth. How many more March 1st's do we all have? Would you want to know your death day? I would not.

We have 30,00 days or so. My man Bill pointed this out and now I'm thinking.

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

well aren't you a ray of sunshine...

no, i would not want to know my death day. i feel like once i knew the date, i would never be able to relax again; everything i do would just be measured as "i only have this much time left to do that."

treeswinger10 and wilsjane like this.
  3. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I remember listening to a podcast about death row inmates and how they spent their last week, and thinking it sounded like hell on Earth to just be silently preparing for the day that you die. They have a very regimented last week, last few hours, last few minutes, and to imagine being them, thinking "I am having my last meal, and then talking to my pastor, and then changing my clothes, and then being moved into a different room, and then having the doctor prep me with an IV, and then someone will come in and ask me if I have any last words, and then...", etc. must just be agonizing.

Anyway...no.

4. My day of death will be more important than my birth

5. Every day your death day came around would just be terrifying. Even the weeks approaching. It would totally fuck everything up. I would not want to know. No thanks.

Yeah, YouFreeMe, that is a joke. How could one even bear it? I bet lots of times they break down. And think of all the innocents who have been wrongly accused. What a nightmare!

6. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

About 50 - 55 would be a good age to die for me. Maybe sooner, who knows.

7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

13th September

2nd August

29th February

9th November

New Years Eve

8. Total Darkness

I was thinking more along the lines of my birthday but new years eve does actually sound like a good day to die.

9. themnax

themnax Senior Member

personally, this is the one spoiler i don't want.
    you can tell me the endings of books,
    if i like the style in which they are written,
    if the scenery as i go along is something i enjoy,
    the ending doesn't matter all that much,
    but my own last day on this earth,
    no thanks. i really don't want to know.

10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

17th July

11. themnax

themnax Senior Member

considering how much i don't care for summer heat this is not unlikely.
    if i were to put money one it, to be inherited, and it turned out i didn't die on that day,
    would you offer double or nothing?

12. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Ok, 1 million dollars

Becareful around the top of staircases next July 17th

13. Bulgakov

Bulgakov Members

Woody Allen was asked what he would ask for with his last breath. "Another breath," he said.

themnax likes this.
  14. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

In mythology the cyclops once had two eyes but was cheated by a great wizard who granted them the ability to see into the future if they gave up one eye.

But alas, the only future they were granted to see was the time and place of their own death.

15. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I'm 62 and have "visited" many cemeteries. I realize that may sound odd. However, cemeteries are very peaceful and often beautiful. It is very common for a person to die on their birthday, the month before or after...often to the day. I've also noticed that sometimes people die at the 6 month mark, before or after, exactly to the day of their birthday. Things have a changed a lot since people aren't wiped out by small pox, polio, and such.

I wouldn't want to know the exact day, but to know a year, or the general time would be good...for me anyway. It would give me that extra moment to make sure I had "my house in order". By that, I really mean to make sure I'd said everything I wanted and needed to say to some people. I do have a handwritten will, which is supposed to be "counted" if one hasn't made an official one...but within the next 3 months I intend to make a formal will, registered at the courthouse, with my lawyer and all.

16. Visexual

Visexual Member

Ha! I remember when I was late 20's/early 30's. I said that I'd commit to 60 if I could. Well, at almost 71, I'd hate to have lost those 10+ years..., so far.

wilsjane and Total Darkness like this.
  17. Talk to you when you're 49.

Driftrue, McFuddy and Mallyboppa like this.
  18. Total Darkness

If i make it that far.

19. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Sometime in the fall would be okay. To add to the atmosphere. A foggy day in November.

20. Hopefully Christmas.
    To ruin it for people.

:smilingimp: