Your body telling you about your period...

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by Sunburst, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Sunburst

Sunburst Fairy

I'm just wondering if this happens to anyone else, because it fascinates me.
    My period is pretty irregular (actually, I think it comes about every 35 days, but I always forget to keep track :p), but a few days before every cycle, even if I don't get any PMS symptoms, I just get the feeling it's coming. Sure enough, 2 or 3 days later it will happen. Also, it can start any time between 3 and 9am, and every single time, if it's beginning, I'll wake up. No matter what. Then I won't be able to get back to sleep. It'll pop into my head that I should check, and I do, and it's *just begun*. I've never gotten blood on my sheets (I sleep nude) or anything, because my body wakes me up just in time!
    The same happens throughout the menstruation- if I need to change my pad at 2:30 in the morning I'll wake up automatically and can't sleep until I do!
    I find it incredibly interesting and kind of spiritual how much your body knows, and the things that can happen!!
    So does anyone else experience this or something similar? :)

2. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

No matter how screwy my cycle decides to be, I always have a tickle-y feeling in my lower belly the day before it happens. It doesn't hurt....I guess my body's telling me "Hey, wear a pad tomorrow." :D

3. myself

myself just me

I feel something working there... also, my hair gets oily before and I have to wash it more often...
    Tonight I had this dream in which I had just got my period. And today in waking life I did too. But it's the first time I had dreamt about it and it happened...

4. clementinexo

clementinexo hip *****s sucks.

i always know when my period is coming... about 2 of 3 days before hand i just get this feeling in my abdomen. very weird but a good thing i suppose

5. wiccan_witch

wiccan_witch Senior Member

Yep I get the feeling in my abdomen too. Just means your in tune with your body I guess. :)

6. shaina

shaina No War Know Peace

i did before i went on BC

7. Lazuli Blue

Lazuli Blue Member

I know exactly when my period's going to arrive - 'cos I chart every cycle!:p

Seriously though, if you want to know really how amazing our bodies are get a copy of Taking Charge of Your Fertility. They don't teach you everything you need to know in school... hmm I wonder why there are so many schoolgirl pregnancies...

8. HippyFreek

HippyFreek Vintage Member

AMEN!

I was always aware of when my period would begin.

But now I know when I'm OVULATING! And it's all because I'm more aware of the more subtle body signs for other body events! :D Get TCOYF! :D

9. FrozenMoonbeam

FrozenMoonbeam nerd

yes I definitely know -I get that abdomen feeling and also twinges in my lower back (not to mention the dreaded PMS). Mine is also kind of irregular, but I always just *know* the morning before it arrives, even if, date-wise it's not due for a few more days.

10. lola78

lola78 Member

I never "know" when it will definitely be here, but always have subconscious signs. Like weird dreams. I read that Jeannine Parvati Baker would always dream she was driving a red pickup truck and getting off a certain exit before hers would start. Odd how it happens that way sometimes.

11. Rue Takedo

Rue Takedo Member

I know about 90% of the time. I've had the interesting late-night wakeup too....I think it's pretty cool. :)

12. hippiejessica

hippiejessica Member

I get some dull cramping going on for about 4-5 days before. It's not constant. It's maybe 30 seconds at a time, a few times a day.

13. cutelildeadbear

cutelildeadbear Hip Forums Gym Rat

Mine is regular because I'm on the pill. However I get some signs of PMS, I just always forget it when it is happening. For example, last week I had a headache for 3 days and I couldn't figure out why, duh, got my period this week. Though I didn't put 2 and 2 together until this week. I'm forgetful. I also lose like 5 lbs the week before, then gain it all back the week of plus like 3 or 4. It really sucks if I'm trying to figure out my weight though. I only get two accurate weeks, but I just guesstimate. I can feel myself ovulating though. It isn't like cramps, I don't know how to explain it, I can just feel it.

Oh yeah and my uncontrollable urge to eat peanut butter usually tips me off. No chocolate here, bring me some fluffernutter sandwiches. :) hehehe.

14. vinceneilsgirl

vinceneilsgirl Member

I have endometriosis, so I have BAAAAD periods. I always know because a few days BEFORE it starts I start getting cramps...sheesh!

15. dances in pajamas

dances in pajamas strange little girl

I used to be the same way. I would wake up and such. Now I'm on Seasonale so I never know. I'd trade that for periods every month any day!