Your bad Gathering experiences

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by moonshyne, Sep 27, 2004.

1. moonshyne

moonshyne Approved by the FDA

Even though gatherings are supposed to be a wonderful time, we'd all have to be crazy to not realize that occasionally bad things happen. I'm not asking anyone to share any traumatic memories, but if you could give the less-than-pleasant ones that would be nice. I think we need a thread anyway to help give pointers and advice to anyone who has never been, and might not know what to watch out for.

Anyone interested?

2. i'm_not_beethoven420

i'm_not_beethoven420 Member

It was Michigan regional fall,1999, the temp was cold, i mean it froze at night, and like the dish water that would be frozen ice in the morning, as well, the entire vibe there was the same, cold as fuck, for several reasons.
    Main reason was the factor that i & about 10 other folks there had ever even been to a gathering before. The national had been in western Pa. that previous july, it had over flowed with good karma, and word had spread. Kidz heard of this fantastic utopian camping trip, and when they discovered the regional in their area, they arrived in dribs & drabs, basicly expecting alot & haveing nothing to offer. There was little of the rainbow spirit, because the crowd there had no idea what it was.
    It was alot of traveling for alot of hassel all around.

3. Spore Radical

Spore Radical Member

Like someone once said "If everybody does a little, nobody will have to do alot" That doesnt sound like a bad experience, that sounds like a bunch of high spirited yet inexperienced brothers and sisters gettin a lesson on pluggin in.

4. i'm_not_beethoven420

i'm_not_beethoven420 Member

I left out tons of details so my post would not be a long depressing rant, believe me, it was not a good gathering for me.