younger guys?

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by amber, Jul 13, 2005.

1. amber

amber Member

What is your opinion on girls seeing younger guys? I always thought it was kind of weird. Boys are usually a bit more immature in the first place. But nowadays a lot of the guys I've been checking out have turned out to be only like 18 (I'm 22) I mean I'm sure they're not relationship material yet but I don't think I'd mind just chillin and having fun with them ya know? I've only fooled around with one guy who was younger than me (19) and it just felt odd. Like he was just a boy and I was a woman... It was kind of hot at first and then I realized how immature he really was and wasn't into it. I didn't even ask for his number and I think he picked up on the vibe/we haven't seen each other since. Well just wondering what ya'll's thoughts were on this subject.

2. humandraydel

humandraydel Member

i think it all depends on the guy and the girl...some guys are mature for their age and some girls are immature for their age. you're probably right, most guys aren't relationship material at 18 but that doesn't mean none are. i guess it depends on if you're willing to spend time to figure out whether they are or aren't....but then again, there are guys that are mid 20s (hell, mid 30s! lol) that aren't relationship material....

3. American_Baby

American_Baby Member

I was in a relationship with a younger boy for 5 years and IT SUCKED! When you get older it may not be such a big deal if they are a couple years younger than you, but the teen years...NO WAY, they are still too immature and wrapped up in themselves.

4. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

depends on the person I think. My first bf was younger than me and it wasn't a factor in our relationship (or our break up). Sometimes it can work out, and sometimes it doesn't.

What's really funny is my mom keeps having 20-30 year old men hit on her (from chat rooms and forums and stuff like that that she's on) and it keeps weirding her out (she's 40) because she's convinced that's my dating age group.

5. WishIWasAHippie

WishIWasAHippie Senior Member

If you were with him for 5 years and it sucked...why didn't you stop it sooner?

Not all guys are immature at a younger age, just most, you gotta look hard...and if you ask me, just as many girls are ignorant at a younger age as guys are immature...

6. amber

amber Member

"and if you ask me, just as many girls are ignorant at a younger age as guys are immature..."

very true :)

I'm also agree it depends on the person, I was seeing a guy who was 26, almost 27 and he might as well have been 17. At first he seemed alright, till I found out for fun he liked to blow things up, was totally weirded out by me being a vegetarian, and wanted to party just about every night.

7. Crayola

Crayola =)

ive mostly dated younger guys.. but older guys werent any better... im not sure im a good example tho, so i'll just shut up =)

8. Feawen

Feawen Member

I'm with a younger guy, though it's an 'odd' thing in our teen years, but I totally believe we're going to marry..... Yeah, you think I'm just saying that... But I can honestly say it after being let down by guys before - not intending on marrying them. I can tell it's going to work...[​IMG]

9. shadowd_dreamr

shadowd_dreamr Senior Member

girls age mentally 7 years faster then males. so if you like immature guy.. all the power to ya ;). I prefur older males, the ones that have dropped testicals hahaha

10. Merenwenelanesse

Merenwenelanesse Member

I aree with everyone who said it depends on the guy and the girl for that matter. My bf and I have been together for 2 1/2 years and are planning a wedding as we speak...hes 21 Im 24. Things have worked out wonderfully for us...I think it really depends.

11. I_got_life

I_got_life Member

I had a relationship with a guy who was 15/i'm 16/.The difference between us was little,but it's really true that the boys grow up slowly.

12. SillyBird

SillyBird Greek Goddess

Wow, so since I'm 16 I need a 23 year old? Whoa! Like everyone is saying I think it really depends on the two people involved. I know older guys who act like they're 10 and some younger guys who act like they're in their 20's.

13. the heart stops

the heart stops Member

I was going to date a younger guy once, Never did though.

14. Weeble

Weeble Member

I have a habit of attracting and being attracted to a guy a year or two younger then me. I've found that sometimes they have been pathetically immature but there have been a few that acted older then me. I'm 23 and the guy I'm getting to know right now is 21. He's really laid back and understanding for his age. Not into drinking or smoking or anything. He's straight edge. I have a good feeling about him.