young souls?

Discussion in 'Psychic' started by nimh, Jan 28, 2005.

1. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

have you known any young souls? i feel like i'm a young soul. i've known people with old souls though.

some of us just dont need as much time here (that sounds a little cheeky!!)

2. Sebbi

Sebbi Senior Member

We are all new born, we are all sparks seperated from the great fire.

We are all infants starting a journey to the great destination.

3. Crimson

Crimson Member

i have a friend who is 15 that if you look into her eyes it seems like she is older.. she been through a lot so i think thats where that comes from.. i know for a fact i have an old soul cause ive been through a great deal in my life.. im mature for my age.

4. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

hm, so does being mature for one's age=being an old soul?

i dont know about that.

some people dont have as much to work thru, so they choose not to visit the earthly realm as often as other souls who do have more things to work on. that's kind of what i meant.

neither one is "better", just different.

i read something the other day that said that america is full of young souls, and gave proof of that by pointing out how many fundy christians there are, all the monster truck bashes, wwf, crap like that. I personally dont think that's necessarily a sign of many young souls. old souls might need to work thru stuff like that as part of their journey. the same article said that europe is full of more old souls. i also disagree with that statement...just because the european culture is older than some of the other active cultures right now does not mean that it's made up of people with older souls. i think that the older souls are ones who have more karma to work thru, more learning that they wanted to or needed to accomplish on this plane.

i'm more inclined to believe that younger souls are here to lead and teach the "oldies" who are having such a hard time getting "it" after so many tries, iykwim.

i think that there are souls who have been *waiting* for this era to manifest into the earthly realm in order to bring about a new enlightenment. WE havent come before now, because we were in other realms doing whatever it is that we do there.

you've probably heard about indigo children, etc...

after the indigos are the crystal children. there are already some crystal kids here (i'm sure that i'm one of them), and we are giving birth to the rainbow children. most crystal children havent been born yet, but as with every generation, there are some of us who get here early to help prepare for the next wave.

the rainbow children that are to come after the crystal children are the ones spoken of in the hopi prophecies...you know... from this one: [size=+1]When the earth is ravaged and the animals are dying, a new tribe of people shall come unto the earth from many colors, classes, and creeds, and who by their actions and deeds shall make the earth green again. They will be known as the "Warriors of the Rainbow
    [/size]
    this prophecy also refers to the rainbow family of living light who are also preparing and bringing the world up to a higher vibrational level, but when the generation of rainbow children are born to the wave of crystal children, this is when the prophecies will happen. after 2012 and all that that entails.

[size=+1]
    [/size]

5. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

6. august_moon

august_moon Member

My best friend's favourite saying was "I'm here for a good time not a long time" and he died when he was 19. I think he was an old soul, as I feel that he had fulfilled his duties here in this life and that he was needed somewhere else.:(

august_moon

7. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

Hmmm, interesting thread! My dd Moon is a new soul. She had this amazing sense of wonderment (I mean all babies do, but everything was just NEW to this child) and from the time she was 2 or 3 she claimed she didn't beleive in reincarnation because she claimed "I know I have never been here before!"

My dd Sage, however, is a very old soul. She was born with her eyes wide open, not surprised at anything in the least. It was like she was going, "Oh yeah, that again." She spoke VERY early, she started reading at 3, like she "taught herself" she has some insights that are just too old for a child of barely five. Moon, however, is SOOOO innocent. Naive to a cute, but sometimes irritating degree. She is intelligent, but often she just doesn't "get it."

I work with newborns all the time, and sometimes you just know who has been here many times before. They just have a look.

8. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

9. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

It's true. I can see it. :)

10. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

S||C edited his post. it used to say something else that was actually quite profound. i cant remember what it was now though......

silly people editing their posts :rolleyes:

11. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

I changed my mind.. :&

12. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

i think i'm a cranky middle aged soul. pretty sure of it, in fact. i'm the not particularly wise old soul, nor the particularly excited young soul, i'm the day to day, 9 to 5 drudge soul.

13. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

s'ok, you're allowed to be fickle

:D

14. brokenwingz425

brokenwingz425 Member

I feel that we are all part of one soul, we may merge or searate from the mass but a part of it always stays with us

15. kinsei

kinsei Member

I agree with brokenwingz, although when it comes to Spirit, the whole idea of individual identity goes out the window (we're all the same All That Is) so a person talking about their individual soul isn't really much different from them talking about their viewpoint from within the One. Same thing, different perspective. :)

Given that our spirit is infinite, it's hard to really talk about souls being "old" and "new", although I guess you could use those words in terms of how many iterations we've had in human form. I know some folks would count other animal forms too, but I think the human stage of soul growth has a specific purpose so how "old" or "new" you are is kinda human-specific to me (in other words if you decide to incarnate as a dog for a while it doesn't mean you're pre-human or anything; you may have already gone through the human stage and decided just to have fun and be a dog for a while, no harm no foul). That specific purpose is to be self-aware in the transpersonal sense, to use your (uniquely human) gift of self-awareness and elevate it to your awareness as part of the One. By doing this, and being self-aware as part of All That Is, you are effectively allowing All That Is to be aware of itself. That is a very special and powerful thing, and once your soul (your part of the grand Spirit) has done that, the human task is complete; you no longer "need" to incarnate in this form, but you can if feel like it, perhaps to help others awaken their own self-awareness (I suppose the Buddhists would refer to such a person as a Bodhisattva). Otherwise you can stay within the One without further incarnation (now that you understand who you truly are), or you can decide to reincarnate in a completely different fashion just for enjoyment, whatever you like.

I think I'm a relatively old soul in human terms (I believe I've had at least a few hundred human iterations), but I'm awake now, finally. I believe after this iteration, I'll come back maybe once or twice more just to see how things shape up and to have some peace in the new world once it's ready (after a few hundred tumultuous lives in preparation, I could use some manifested R&R before heading out of here, hehehe). After that, I think I'll go manifest in a completely different way just to experience things from a different perspective. Maybe I'll be a planet, I think that'd be fun, to see how a planet experiences itself...

I have one brother and two sisters. One of my sisters I'm certain is a very old soul who hasn't awakened yet, but is ready (she will be one who transforms in this time period). The other sister is already awake, she's just hanging out here for the fun of it, but because she's already awake I don't know how old her soul is. My brother is a much younger soul though, he's not quite there yet, but hey, it's all part of his path. As for my parents, they're harder to read, not because of anything on their part but because of my own preconceptions (they're my parents, it's hard to look at them as peer souls) which I'm still working through.

16. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

by awake, do you mean that she's attained a state of enlightenment, or a higher vibrational level?

17. kinsei

kinsei Member

nimh, pretty much yeah. She doesn't articulate it in words, but she emits it in her actions, as if her style of being doesn't need an explanation, it's obvious on its own. She just "is", there's nothing to worry about, no need for judgemental behavior, no need for fear, etc. To her, things just are as they are, and whatever will be will be, and she'll play her part and everyone else will play their part and it's not anything to be too concerned about. She doesn't pay much attention to introspecting on this attitude (so she's not really turning it into explainable concepts as would be required to "teach" this to others explicitly), but what she emits makes up for it.

It's like that saying when you know someone has their "head on their shoulders", like they're well-adjusted and ready for what their life will be, whatever it may entail. I can sense that she's got her head on her shoulders for this next stage of humanity, even without any effort on her part; she's already "there".

18. Syntax

Syntax Senior Member

If I believed in this whole young/old soul stuff, I'd definatly say that without a trace of doubt I am an old soul. I've been very mature, talkative and strange as a little child. I could actually discuss philosophy and emotions in a way not suitable for a child, and could never get along with children of my age. All adults I've ever met at a young age enjoyed spending time with me and talking to me.

And now I feel even older. I look at the world as though I've already seen it for many many generations and I have trouble staying in the present (I listen to music from all from all over the timeline, hate trends and fashion, read the oldest books as well as the newest ones).

19. Esty

Esty Member

the soul ages with each new life...we die and are re-born...bringing with us bits and pieces of our past lives and knowledge from those experiences

these are the dejavu occurrences we experience