Young hippies! Anyone! WAKE UP!

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by AoXoMoXoA420, May 12, 2004.

1. AoXoMoXoA420

AoXoMoXoA420 Member

It seems everyday I find out something more about this world that makes me even more sad to live in it. I see violence, lies, envirornmental devastation, wars, the list continues.

I've heard people argue the 60's will never happen again because there is no Vietnam war going on. Well the youth of this generation has a lot more cut out for them than just a war, this whole planet is messed up. Nothing to protest? There's everything to protest... everyone should be outraged. The government tells us the Iraq war is over, but people are still dying.

Corporations that control the government are everywhere, and they've got most of the youth under control. They don't want us to know how messed up this planet is, because we're young. They know just as well as we do what happened in the 60's when white kids became socially aware, and they don't want that to happen again, so they keep us in the dark. They know that white kids brought up the civil rights movement, they know that they stopped the Vietnam war. Old hippies, thank you... I do not know how most of your generation seemed to have a conscience and get it together, but you did. But now you're old and nervous and it should be in the hands of the youth of today to bring about change. They know if we know whats really going on, the first thing we're going to do is want to change it, so they like to keep us good and ignorant.

Isn't anyone else sick of seeing ads everywhere? I can't walk through my high school with out being told to buy things I Do not need nor can I afford. My cafeteria is plastered with ads from corporations, that I know damn well aren't benefitting me or any just cause.

If we make no change, we won't have to worry about anything though. The planets got to the point where a lot of experts can predict that the way things are going, with or recources and blowing things up, the planet won't even be around in 50 years. That's not a long time.

So what can we do? Just use your mind. Be creative. Talk to everyone you know about these problems, and why you feel that way, make them listen to you. Don't spend money on things you don't need. BLACK SPOTS - spray paint big black dots on ads, blocking out the name of the advertiser. This pisses them off a lot, and you've wrecked the ad. When people see a black dot, they know a culture jammers been there. Try to spend time with people you love and avoid spending money. I've found it feels a lot better to sit around getting high with a group of friends and listen to music for free than to go spend 30$ on 2 movie tickets, a drink and a popcorn. Then you just sit in a room, where you can watch more ads, and not communicate any of your thoughts or emotions.

This world's scary... we need change.

So would you guys please get busy?

2. AoXoMoXoA420

AoXoMoXoA420 Member

I hope someone cares... if you have any thoughts ideas or just comments to add to this I'd love to hear them.

Peace always

3. sonik

sonik Member

I have found myself to have become failry apathetic towards everything. Comfortably numb :(

Ann Arbor eh, cool, check out the Detroit-Ann Arbor connection Thread in the U.S.A. travel section.

:cool:

4. Willow-Bridget-Love

Willow-Bridget-Love Member

yeah, theres all this fucked up shit now.... enviroment, enequality, all the things the goverment is doing, lies,war,the list goes on...

and we have to change the world.....or i dont knmow whats gonna happen to it.

5. Caitlin

Caitlin Member

So many things to be said.

Hmm, let's see. Yes, the world is vastly complicated right now, and when you are hit with a reality check it's a slap in the face and you find yourself looking, as if into a bottomless pit...something really hard to get out of...but...I think people are becoming aware. I think slowly but surely people are looking around. History repeats itself, life is in cycles, and the journey is a course of ups and downs..so what I'm trying to say is, I can feel revolution in my bones. The sixties were a time of great things, that was an incredible "up", and I think soon, maybe not too soon, but soon, we'll experience another "up" rising. Time is really really relative though, compared to the lifetime of stars, we were never even really here...so just how soon change is coming is anyone's gues...we can however, always speed it up ourselves by taking initiative and rising AGAINST THE MAN! :p peace

6. AoXoMoXoA420

AoXoMoXoA420 Member

nicely said :)

7. maryfairy

maryfairy flower

i definately agree that the world is extremely messed up and so many don't know about it. so let them know. become an organizer. i'm going to be a political activist when i move to san francisco. explain to people, practice street theater, and listen to their wants too. because we're going to have to compromise a little. the 1960s wouldn't have had so many "enlightened" people if it wasn't for people like abbie hoffman or the sds or what not. LEAD, don't ask people who are lost to get you where you want to go. and most importantly, love as much as possible. it's the best thing a person can do.

peace.

8. WaitingForTheSun

WaitingForTheSun Member

I've been feeling the same way. I'm just rather disapointed with our society. And I keep thinking that when I'm older I'll move away, but it seems like everything everywhere would be the same. When I think of the government and police and all that, it just fills me with rage. I feel like I don't have a voice and I also feel like such a youth because I'm not doing anything about it. Oh, I just feel hopeless and lost. And everyone says "get involved, get organized, protest" but I can't seem to find a way to do that without spending a bunch of money or ending up in the back of a cop car.

9. VanAstral

VanAstral Member

"Try to spend time with people you love and avoid spending money. I've found it feels a lot better to sit around getting high with a group of friends and listen to music for free than to go spend 30$ on 2 movie tickets, a drink and a popcorn"

good advice, mate. good times shouldn't cost a thing...
    one friend grows fine buds,
    the others, free love.

10. God

God Member

The youth will wake up, be forced to wake up, when the draft hits them in the face. Then they will feel sorry for being apathetic for so long.

11. Dilapidated

Dilapidated Member

I agree that we definitely do need change. But there's so much bad shit that I don't know where to start. I get overwhelmed every time I think about the world and its miserable future.
    On another note... Do any of you know where I could write to in support of gay marriage and other rights? Somewhere my letter will actually be read? How about a petition?

12. AoXoMoXoA420

AoXoMoXoA420 Member

just do anything... talk to your friends, teach people about these things, hang up flyers, spray paint black dots... anything helps our cause.

13. DeadheadHippieForPea

DeadheadHippieForPea Member

dude things are so messed up right now...so much of todays music has sold out..we are in a war that is slowly turing into a vietnam. now other countries, especially in the middle east are supper pissed cause they found out the way we treat the prisoners...which very well has messed foreign relations and possibly alot more violence..the need for soliders is rising..and talk for possibly a draft..the enviroment is suffering so much because of the bush administration...there have been alot of protests in the past year..and if a draft happens theres gunna be more....it starting to feel like the 60s in that sense..kinda scary....you would think our government could learn from the past...im feeling the vibes of a rising in the movement man..Peace and love

14. sonik

sonik Member

We are all doooooomed!

well ok maybe not but things are lookin shakey at best....

:(

15. AoXoMoXoA420

AoXoMoXoA420 Member

i was really high when i wrote this post, and it has been erased. sorry.
    keep talking about ideas

lol

16. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

forced change is unnecessary, we've already messed up the world enough. Let the Mother Nature fix the problem. Then it'll all be good :)

17. SunFree

SunFree Member

This is it right here my friends. We are it. This here, this community, this conversation, this outrage and these realizations...this is what our generation is depending upon.

If only we could all get together...can you imagine? It's so difficult to jam and spread when we're so far apart. But we atleast have this oppurtunity to start things turning. They are turning, beginning to grind out something.

We are it. We can't wait until we get older, we can't depend on the theories and dreams of forty years ago, however hopeful they may have been. We can draw wisdom from their successes and their failings, and build a new generation.

There is one thought that has plagued me recently. In all the ages of the world, there seems to be one common theme. That is that of war and destrucion, injustice and exploitation. Their may be evolution or social darwinism, but have the morals, ideals, and compassion of the peoples of the world really improved at all in all the time we've had? We may have become more polite, more civilized, developed new technology and new governments. But have we ever succeeded?

Ghandi said something to the likes of, (I hesitate to quote, because I'm not sure I'll get it right) -Whenever I am discouraged in my cause, I take heart in the fact that good, eventually, has always triumphed.-
    This may be true, but is it only leaving room for new tryannies and repressions to take hold?

I hope not.

18. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

If we persist to change, we must change everything. Because just like we are made, everything is linked to everything else. You can't focus on a single problem.

19. sonik

sonik Member

Its easy to be idealistic when your livin with your parents but try having a wife, kids and mortage and all that other "fun" adult crap.

You can get jaded quickly.

20. VanAstral

VanAstral Member

good reply, SunFree!
    And aye, we are here, look here, here we are…
    but yeah, we’re too far apart.
    This proves that the sprit is alive, but I can’t see much happening unless we physically congregate, get noticed. Money to travel, job for money, job takes time and promises more money, a chance to grow, and the next thing you know you’re an adult.
    Aye, living at home it’s easy to be idealistic: your basic necessities, a whole lot more, are covered. It’s hard to drop it all; very few people are willing to give up their abundance of comforts, their weekly pay and their guarantee of not starving,
    in return for what?
    A simple, uncertain life in a backpack and tent? Romantic, yeah, realistic…
    Was her name SunAngel, in the old forums, the lass with the great hippy pilgrimage photos from Poland? I think she has answers. Things seem to have come together over there. America doesn’t provide that kind of freedom. Too much suspicion? I dunno… maybe you can do it in America, but Europe has more flavour, more views, change is happening there… and you get yer passport stamped. that's where it's at.
    You youngin': No college, yes travel. Say 6 months abroad, live out of a backpack, see if you like it. If not, America’s got a LaZboy waiting for you.
    (I don’t know… damn radio adverts are distracting…. I’m all over the place here )
    good spirits,
    cheers