Young brother in jail needs a little rainbow spirit

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by earthmother, Sep 29, 2006.

1. earthmother

earthmother senior weirdo

Hey ya'll, I had an idea and maybe it's crazy, but here goes. I know someone who is in the "young, dumb, and full of cum" catagory. OK, so he's MY kid. But he's a good kid really. He's been introduced to rainbow and doesn't quite get it, but he's been pretty intrigued. His first national he described as a "life changing experience" but he did not elaborate. Well, he got into some scrapes, and finally started growing up some, got a job, started getting responsible, discovered that his "friends" were not cool like he thought and started getting away from them. You know the story, but no "happily ever after" here. Anyhow, he got arrested a month ago for something that happened a year and a half ago, and now he's sitting in jail. No one can go his bail, except one of his sisters and she WON'T (says she wouldn't even bail her old man out if he got arrested). He is badly depressed and pretty freaked out, 'cause I guess he had no idea that he was in trouble, so it was a total shock to him. He is feeling real isolated. No girlfriend to write him, none of his remaining "friends" dare to go anywhere near the jail to visit him, the only mail he gets is from me. (What a nightmare to be a 20 year old guy and be stuck in jail with only your mom to talk to!!!) Jail is 65 miles away and no one has gas money either, so he has had no visitors at all. His sisters don't write him, too busy I guess. He has panic attacks too, and when that happens they put him on something called "suicide watch" where they lock you up alone with nothing but your underwear. No blanket, no toilet paper, nothing. And they proceed to freeze you to death....

Anyhow, my idea was that perhaps some kind rainbow souls out there would send him a line (snail mail, yea, I know...) and let him know that there IS family out there who care and are with him. I know that there are alot of Rainbows who have been in jail themselves and know what it's like. He needs something to happen that is good for him, and something to look foreward to whenever he gets out. And I just plain FEEL SORRY FOR HIM, and wish I could do something just a little outrageous to put a smile on his face.

Well, if anyone feels like helping out, his address is:
    Aaron Lloyd
    Central Regional Jail
    300 Days Drive
    Sutton, WV 26601

Lovin' you all....

2. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

you should post it on agr as well..
    this is a great idea though&i hope he gets alotta lovin support out of this

3. honeyhannah

honeyhannah herbuhslovuh

What a great mom you are, to think of something like this!

I don't think it's so crazy... I think it's really sweet. I hope that he gets out soon, and starts feeling better... I wonder why people all of a sudden lose interest in people they care about when they are really down?

Something like this happened to a family member of mine... I wanted to go visit but no one else in my family would... I was younger and couldn't go by myself... I also wrote but I felt self conscious sending because of the message I got from the rest of my family... like this person should be punished by family as well as the law... it makes me sad. :(

4. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

send him a great big we love you from all of us!!!
    in fact, maybe we could print & SEND HIM THIS THREAD FROMUS ALLONCE ITS GROWN A BIT MORE

i dont know what he was arrested for, but you said it was for something hed done wellover a year before, &his lifes changed alot since then.. depending on the seriusness of what hes accused of, ya sometimes can appealtothe sensibility of the prosecuter &have the charges thrown out
    it all edepends on the situation tho

5. purple-moss

purple-moss Member

what was he arrested for?

6. damian5000

damian5000 Banned

Has he been sentenced? how much time is he looking at?

7. earthmother

Yea, OK, here goes, in a nutshell. Arrested for conspiracy to manufacture meth. His "dad" (an ex from MANY years ago, and not his real dad) was calling him all the time asking him to give him a ride to the store 'cause he didn't have any wheels, and I guess once they got there, dear old "dad" gave him a small shopping list and $ and told him to meet back at the car.
    Well, Dad got busted at some point or another with a lab and he wrote us a lovely little letter from jail threatening to implicate Aaron if he did not get bailed out of jail. He was sort of pissed at all of us, 'cause we had thrown him out of here, on his ass basically, for cooking meth on the farm( he was renting a cabin of ours for a time), and it was not a pretty picture. He knew our policy about things like that when we let him move in, but chose to ignore it AND lie about it.
    So, it's a get even kind of thing. We were nice enough to keep cops out of things and handle it ourselves and this is the thanks we get. Plus a totally polluted cabin that we can no longer use.
    So, I guess he followed thru on the threat 'cause we ignored his demands. He was, after all, caught red handed more than once...
    Aaron swears he did not have a clue what was up. Whatever he bought was legal to buy.
    Well, that's more info than anyone probably needed... Anyhow, Aaron is sitting and waiting for his preliminary hearing still. No idea on what might happen, how long he'll have to sit until they get to court for sentencing. It would be much easier in jail, knowing that you had a specific date you were getting out, but he does not have that luxury yet. And of course the wheels of "justice" turn at a snails pace, and the lawyer is always too busy...

8. Bumble

Bumble Senior Member

oh mama I feel his and your pain. I have been going through tough times in my life and people are here for me, so the best thing I can do is put a smile on your son's face. I will be writing him a nice letter. what a horrible story. I hope everything gets better for him. He has the right for a fast and speedy trial because it's in our constitution. If they do not abid by that then his case has to be dropped. I can't remember how many days they can legally make him sit in jail, but I know for sure it is not a long time. 72 hours is ringing a bell to me, but don't mark my words.

any ways, I'll give you a lil background on who I am so that you have an idea of who is talking to your son. My name is Jenn and I'm from Philly, PA. I'm 21. My first national was this year in CO. It changed the way I think and view the universe. I was never exposed to the rainbow lifestyle until I overheard someone talking about "rainbows" at the university I go to. I really feel like I'm a part of this family and I feel that each of us should be here for eachother in times of struggle. My b/f recently passed away and I wouldn't be as stable as I'm without my "family."

Peace + Love

9. earthmother

Thank you all alot. Aarons first national was WV and he thought he was gonna be bored out of his mind, but after 3 days he dissappeared into the woods and came out smilin' and wearing someone elses clothes and his shoes were gone. (he's never been a barefoot kind of guy) He's been around rainbows alot, and he's not sure yet where he fits in, but starting to understand... He's shy.
    Yea, it's really hard being a mom and having to watch one of your kids go thru something that makes them totally helpless. The good part is we are alot closer than we were before, in spirit. We are getting to know each other! He has written more letters in the last month than he wrote in the last 15 years of his life. And he sees up close and personal how inhumane people can be to one another and he sees the need for people who care. So he's makin' me real proud...

10. Gyva02

Gyva02 WACKY

Lame, I go in on Monday for 11 days, Did he go in on Friday? thats what happened to me and I had to sit in there till monday when the courts started operating again luckly I was granted an O.R. release, if your kid has no prior record ask for a O.R. release at his preliminary instead of bail, My lawyer even brought my parents (I'm 28) into the court and said if he wouldnt grant an O.R. release would he consider turning me over to my parents and have them held responsible for my return to court, luckily I didnt have to go stay with mom and dad,,,,, Crazy good luck with ya guys, Good lawyers can work wonders, I had a Felony 15 year sentance brought down to a misdermenor with 11 days.... well worth my $1500 GOOD LUCK!!!!!!! I'll have plenty of time to send good vibes his way ha ha :) :)

Mike...

11. Illmaeo

Illmaeo Member

my best friend recently moved to iowa. whilst trying to adjust to the bs that she is being surrounded with, she met a lovely brother and sister. two days ago the brother was raided and got his third strike. lots of lsd and psilocybe. we are all very upset that we will never see this brother again except through bars or glass, we'll never see his dreads, his glow, or his smile. we are all very saddened by these events and my spirit goes out to you and your son. we're just tryin to live, you know? i guess that's the rub sometimes.

love.

12. Frieden

Frieden Senior Member

It's so ironic that in a few situations, such as being incarcerated you find out who are your true blue loyal friends. Hope all goes well with your son and he is out soon:)

13. Donvito1122

Donvito1122 Hippy Teacher to be!

Hey, I was wondering what the outcome of this was...is he ok or did they send him away? Just wondering b/c I'd love to write him but if he's not at that address I cant really send him a letter lol. Anyway please let me know b/c I'd love to help a fellow whos down on their luck..god know's we all have been. Anyway I'm not a "rainbow"...at least not yet I haven't really had a chance to attend a gathering but hopefully you wouldn't mind me passing along a note or two. Well I hope everything works out for the better. Wish em good luck from me eh.

Al

14. earthmother

He's still there. Had his inditement hearing last week. I missed it 'cause his lawyer told me the wrong date. Just bein' jerked around. God only knows when his actual trial will be. But he writes me the most wonderful letters, from someone who NEVER would talk to me about much before. Now he talks about everything. He's definately getting his priorities straight. Thanks for caring! He'll be there for quite a while yet. Unless a miracle happens. Haven't seen any of those in a while...