You wont find a manhole in Berkeley anymore

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Vanilla Gorilla, Jul 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

VG

Oh here we go again – so you know they those scientists’ theories about hunter gather societies are all wrong and definitely about early man ‘because you just know like’ and since the study was mentioned in the Guardian well hell that just proves it must be wrong.

Please man if you haven’t got anything of substance to offer just don’t post.

2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Its simple, just copy and paste the parts of the article that you think are relevant to this thread

You know, like everyone else does

"The scientists collected genealogical data from two hunter-gatherer populations, one in the Congo and one in the Philippines, including kinship relations, movement between camps and residence patterns, through hundreds of interviews. In both cases, people tend to live in groups of around 20, moving roughly every 10 days and subsisting on hunted game, fish and gathered fruit, vegetables and honey."

Interviews with current residents of the Phillipines?

3. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

VG

You mean you still haven’t read it - I mean again can you explain why you think all these scientist are wrong but you are right? And why you think it cannot have anything to say about early man?

And why are you taking up this fight – what is so important to you about this?

[edit]

Ok so to recap this new sequence - first you seemed to say (on no evidence) that women drove the change to farming then you seemed to say (on no evidence) that therefore the early farming society was on of ‘equality’ even though most studies suggest it wasn’t. And now you are saying all the scientist that disagree with your viewpoint are wrong (based on no evidence)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  4. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

This is getting ridiculous, now you are saying I didnt read the article I just quoted a paragraph from

Its your dumb article, you defend it

I just have to quote that paragraph, following around a bunch of modern day Phillipinos that fill up their plastic bottles at gas stations seriously

Dude, Im the one that started the thread

5. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

VG

LOL defend it from what you haven’t put up any rational counter argument – you just seem to be saying you don’t like it – please explain why you think those scientists are wrong.

Oh for fuck sake READ THE POSTS

This is just about this last sequence not the whole thread.

I ask again - why are you taking up this fight – what is so important to you about this?

To recap this new sequence - first you seemed to say (on no evidence) that women drove the change to farming then you seemed to say (on no evidence) that therefore the early farming society was on of ‘equality’ even though most studies suggest it wasn’t. And now you are saying all the scientist that disagree with your viewpoint are wrong (based on no evidence)

6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

One article from the Guardian is most studies now is it

And that would be the article reporting on the study following around a bunch of modern day Phillipinos in old ripped Batman T-shirts and and health checks from NGOs in the area, and candy bars once they answered the interview questions

7. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

VG

Wow LOL - you really don’t like it to be called out do you – you are still not presenting any rational counter arguments to what the scientists said and its not a Guardian study the newspaper is just reporting on a study – you would know that if you had read the piece.

Sex equality can explain the unique social structure of hunter-gatherer bands

Where is the reference to old ripped Batman T-shirts and health checks from NGOs or candy bars once they have answered the interviewers questions?

So to recap - first you seemed to say (on no evidence) that women drove the change to farming then you seemed to say (on no evidence) that therefore the early farming society was one of ‘equality’ even though most studies suggest it wasn’t. And now you are saying all the scientist that disagree with your viewpoint are all wrong because well because you think they are (based on no evidence)

8. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Anyone where he goes off of women in general and suggests they are out to get men, That is incel.

I am a man who is a victim of society since women are by nature prone to abuse and manipulate men. If men would just keep women in line men would not suffer. I feel like he would be against them voting and simple rights like that.

I guess it really bugs me since every day I see a smart and beautiful women who keeps me in line. I want to stand up for women. Sure they are nuts sometimes any man knows this. But deep down man knows we love them and need them. Each gender has its own skills and I hate to see mankind divide itself on what sexual organ we have.

Why is incel an insult? Seems to be a proud label for anti-feminist men. They can't have sex and you know what? They don't even want it from modern poisoned women. I'm surprised it offends you.

9. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

My man George sums it up nicely. I don't think 6 would agree with this so I say he's an incel. He only sees one side of this idea. His own side's suffering.

10. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

WE ARE NOT NUTS SOMETIMES
    *bursts into tears for no reason*

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  11. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

There you go with 'most studies' again, so now you are just flat out lying.

You are not calling out anyone, theres no one else involved in this part, just you and me.

Ultimately there is no use providing an article on a study no one has free access to.

Following around modern day humans then trying to translate that to the stone age, of course thats not going to definitive, thats not a feeling, its common sense.

If you want to actually prove to me or anyone else you even read the report, please provide the link to the full text of the study

But you still havent bothered copying and pasting anything from even the Guradian article.

I dont need to go any further, just need to quote that paragraph I did, modern day Phillipinos....and thats supposedly you smoking gun in regards to equality in early humans

"All the scientists that disagree with your viewpoint" - the three from this one study -copy and paste the part from the study where they even make the claim as definitive, as opposed to the Guardian writers twist on it

12. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Unfortunately some people forget that insulting the other members of this site PERSONALLY with unwanted nicknames and trolling a conversation to get a reaction are not allowed here at HipForums. This is a place for discussion, not dissing.

Thread closed because it went way off topic.

Tyrsonswood likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.