You will all be fascinated...

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by antithesis, May 14, 2004.

1. antithesis

antithesis Hello

That I am dyeing my hair. I am dyeing it a purlish red color. It will soon be done and I will post a picture. I've never done anything interesting with my hair and so it is very exciting for me. Well, I am over it, and I'm sure you are all over it as well :)

2. FreakyJoeMan

FreakyJoeMan 100% Batshit Insane

Fascinating

3. blackeyedcrow

blackeyedcrow Member

4. scarlettchasingroses

scarlettchasingroses strawberry tart

i want to see the finished product.......the only daring thing i ever did with my hair was shaving it all off....it was midback length....man...do i ever regret that...

5. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

[​IMG] Why are u dying your hair, just for a change? Cuz i luv the color of your hair already....I am just not into that kind of thing i guess....:( Ok, well, i can't wait to see the finished product, i'm sure it will be nice

6. alex714

alex714 To the Left

i coloured my hair that colour before christine, and lemme warn you about something. its a bitch to get out of your hair, if you are trying to cover it with another colour...that dam red never goes away!! plus, for my hair, the purplish quickly left and soon it was just red. just wanna warn you that red is such a bitch to get out of your hair, i still have bit in it even though its black.

7. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Quite fascinating indeed.
    I can not wait to see the photographs!

8. HoneySuckleBlue

HoneySuckleBlue Cosmic Artist

Oooh! I wanna see!!!

I've been thinking about trying henna on mine because I'm going grey waaay too early in the game...but I've never dyed mine an 'unnatural' color, I'm kinda conservative that way. (though I've definately thought about it!!)

9. antithesis

antithesis Hello

It is done, but it is still wet so I can't really tell what it will look like. Even if it looks bad, since my hair is so short it won't take that long to grow it all out. It is also just temporary, not permanent. So no worries.

10. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

I'm actually interested to see the new hair color.

11. mick_jagger_is_so_hi

mick_jagger_is_so_hi Member

Boy is that true!! My hair is a spazzy icky reddish brown now due to being dyed all kinds of red. Im growing it all out now. I want my natraul colour back.

12. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

I am sure it looks really pretty on you :)

13. crystalstarr

crystalstarr Word

show us i wanna see:)

14. The_Mad_Buster

The_Mad_Buster Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Just show the fucking hair....PLEASE!

15. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

Is your hair dry yet?

let's see!

i havent done anything wild with my hair for a long time. it was bright pink for a while.

16. Dustinthewind

Dustinthewind woopdee fucking doo

I have dyed my hair "African Violet" which is a purplish red, then a while ago i dyed choc. cherry, which turned out really red, i hated it. alex is right, red is hella hard to get out of your hair color.

i am greying too, so i cover it up all the time. i cant even remember what my natural color is.

and christine, post a pic!! i am "Dying" to see it!! lol :)

17. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

I died my hair black cherry one time and put in violet accents....looked cool, but all the purple washed out first washing.

18. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

I'm slowly dying my hair grey.

19. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

Mine is self dying grey too...seems to be starting in the sideburns.

20. dreama

dreama Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

my hair is purple now...the actual color is purple haze and the dye is called Special Effects. I buy it from http://www.garment-district.com/store/access/special/special_index.htm

If you bleach your hair first with any commercial bleach kit from the drug store, it will last much longer. I can usually get a month or more out of my colors. I have had blue mayhem, electric blue, candy apple red, virgin rose and now purple haze...not sure what is next. When I figure out how to post a pic successfully, I'll do that here this morning.

the funny thing is that I work as a social worker and my clients just love it...my boss was leery and thought I wouldn't get any respect from them...he was so wrong...power to the individual!

ps - just added my pic, but the purple is not as bright as it looks in sunlight...will try for better if the sun ever comes out today!