You totally arn't gay

Discussion in 'Lesbian' started by Stella_Drives, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Stella_Drives

Stella_Drives Senior Member

So for the past couple of months I've been fighting with a girl in one of my classes if I was gay or not. The chats usually go like this
    "Are you really gay?"
    "Yep"
    "I don't believe you"
    "Well, it's true"
    And that goes on for hours.
    Today she told me "I dont think your gay because lesbians can't get men. That's why they are gay! I look at you and I can totally see you hooking up with guys!" and then "You dont look gay!!! Your clothes are so cute and neat, you never wear flannel!!!"

Toooottttallly. Uhgggg ignorance!!!
    I had no idea how to respond to this.

What are some of the most ignorant things you have heard about homosexuals/homosexuality? HOW the hell did you respond more importantly?!

2. erzebet1961

erzebet1961 Senior Member

Too Funny.....I was told that I cant be gay becasue I wear dresses all the time , and I like velvets and laces.....I just looked at the person and told them to check with my girlfriend at the time ...and ask her if Im gay.....the guy shut up....and never did ask her !!!

3. hellaclean

hellaclean Member

yesterday i had a conversation with my classmate during physics:
    mate:look at that chick, she's f*ckable, innit?
    me: dunno, taste might differ
    mate: oh, come on, just tell me
    me: i guess u have a completely different taste
    mate: so, r u rly gay?
    me: does it rly matter?
    mate: aha, u got spotted
    me: i've never said that i'm str8
    mate: no, u can't be gay coz u don have a tah gay lisp, walk, gestures. maybe thing is that girlz don like u so u r tryin to find any kind of sex?
    me: nope, i've never liked girlz sexually...
    mate: yeah, right, and how about that girl u allways hang our with?
    me: she's lesbian so there is no way we like each other sexually
    teacher: keep silence plz when i'm talkin!!!

(during the brake he said that he hates gay-ppl and they must be executed but he doesn't believe that i'm one of them)

4. Rue Takedo

Rue Takedo Member

Makes me glad I'm out of high school. *shudder* The worst I got was "What's with the rainbows? You gay or something?" or "You CAN'T be bisexual! You're either gay or straight, you just haven't decided yet! Get off the fence!" ....That stung a bit then, but compared to what I saw happen to some gay (or perceived as gay) people I knew, I got off easy.

The college I went to was very accepting though...the Pride club was wonderful.

5. *Minxy*

*Minxy* Member

well being a bo girl also havin a gay baby bro, ive heard many comments made towards being gay like "why is he gay" "has he been with a girl" "i bet i can turn him straight" (yess silly comments)

being bi ive had ppl say to me "theres no such thing as bi, ur rather gay or straight... no inbetweens*

i mean how hard is it for ppl to understand that some ppl caant help it if they are sexually attracted to both male and female

6. Stella_Drives

Stella_Drives Senior Member

I think it worse if your bi because I've heard gay people say they hate bi people because they are not really gay and I've heard straight people say they hate bi people because they arn't straight!!!

7. SelfControl

SelfControl Boned.

If she's joking then meh. If not just tell her she's a nob.

Most people don't believe I'm gay. Strange people.

8. mushie18

mushie18 Intergalactic

When I first came to school, no one would believe I was gay.

They said I was doing it to hook up with chicks :rolleyes:

I could have cared less.

9. SelfControl

SelfControl Boned.

That's the one thing I never had, and I think it helped; I only got female attention of any kind once I'd come out, and I guess it put paid to those accusations that I didn't take any of them up on it.

10. l-foote

l-foote L not i.

i'm not openly bi at high school because people are biiitch and looooove to stereotype and be homophobic. i'll probably be more open about it when i'm done with all the high school bullshit

11. CrazybutLazy

CrazybutLazy Banned

I'm not out at my school. My town is very conservative. In the last year or so, my town has STARTED to accept the fact that black people live near us. If I came out, I would be killed. I mean that literally, too.

12. amp7325

amp7325 Visitor

I'm really sorry about that Crazy. *sends love* That must be really hard.

There have been some people who haven't believed that I'm gay. Actually, my friend told me that another friend was talking to someone about me being gay or something like that, and the person she was talking to said, "No, he's not gay. I heard that he double teamed Crystal (my friend who told me this) with some other guy." That cracked me up.

Nobody's really been an asshold to my face about it. I have heard other people tell me what they've heard though. I started hanging out with this guy (he's gay, but we were just hanging out as friends) and hardly anyone else knows he's gay. And he's got this tough guy image that he upholds on the outside. And he said that this other friend of his kept asking why he was "hanging out with that fag" and stupid shit like that.

13. mrpwonder

mrpwonder Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Being bi I've heard that alot...

14. SelfControl

SelfControl Boned.

Gay "biphobics" piss me off immensely.

15. CrazybutLazy

CrazybutLazy Banned

Thanks, amp. Yeah, it's tough. But I've also told two of my very good friends and they seem to be totally cool with it. Maybe things will get better faster than I thought.

16. Lanze

Lanze Member

I get the same thing almost. "You can't be gay you have no fashion sense, and your more masculine than most guys at this school!!" alot of my friends who are girls originally supposed liked me and then found out i was gay, I felt bad but they got over it. Alot of my friends who are female even make a joke out of it, heck even some friends who are straight guys, I have a "straight boyfriend" lol.

I go to a Catholic school though so people are so homophobic and ignorant and I've been slowly changing their close minded views by being out and just being another guy who happens to like guys. I'm also working on spreading open minded ness for other religions, especially the lack of a religion in Atheism and Agnosticism. I'm very loud about my Libertarian views and frankly, the school hates it, but most people have learned that having dissenting views can make life more interesting through me and that it is a good thing to share the world with people with many different views.

17. AutumnsMoonChild

AutumnsMoonChild Member

Yes...what is the sense in being prejudice against someone because of their sexual orientation? Also, the homosexuals who hate heterosexuals as well as the bisexuals...hating someone because of their sexual orientation is just plain hypocritical and ignorant, whether you're gay or not.

18. *Andy*

*Andy* Senior Member

I haven't read all of this, but a few months before I realised that I was gay, I had a rather heated argument with these morons from my school. They claimed that all gay people are evil and "God hates them" and that all gay people are going to hell. They also said that they were going to kill a whole lot of gay people when they grow up. Not very pleasant..I think I actually saved that conversation somewhere..Anyway rather sick people.

As for that moron who keeps saying you're not gay..Just ignore them tell them to just leave it..I think that they might actually like you and might be confused about their own sexuality and are trying to make sure that you're gay so that they can talk to you..something like that?

19. oshinn

oshinn Member

why do people try to argue with a person about their sexuality?... it would make more sense to me to have some religious person chastise me for being gay than try to tell me i'm not... that's like saying "oh, the sky's not blue you just think it is. you'll know better when you're older" etc...

as for biphobics they piss me off. i understand where they're coming from especially now that 'bisexuality' has been sensationalised and it's really disappointing to start to date a girl only to find out she just wants to see what kissing a girl is like or wants to have a threesome to please her boyfriend... but i have never felt comfortable in the gay community, just because i'm bisexual. i am very open and vocal about it, but i think lesbians don't take me seriously and think it's just some phase i'm going to get over. i would think that homosexuals would be more openminded about the idea of people exploring their sexuality than straight people.. but who can make that judgement?..

i work at a restaurant and my fellow expediter is a lesbian and very open about it. the cooks, who are all mexican, believe she is just a girl who needs a good dicking to set her straight. since i can understand spanish and she can't they're always asking me to tell her things from them... and every time you do i holler, "she's a lesbian you morons, it doesn't matter" she always laughs about it but i know it gets on her nerves.

safe to say that everywhere you go no matter what you're into or how you are people are going to bug you about it. :)

20. moonlightdelerium

moonlightdelerium Senior Member

When I went to book camp over the summer I was in the bathroom and the girls were having a conversation about how *God Forbid* a girl had tapped one of there asses and how offended they were. I was like, "Ahem, I'm bisexual", and their response was "At least you like guys too".