you need to read this

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mystic eye, May 8, 2013.

1. mystic eye

mystic eye Banned

last night the Syrian government. blacked out the internet in there country. the seriousness of this goes far beyond oh dear no internet. its is a deliberate attempt to stop people in its country to speak out about the absolute shamefull unforgivable crimes that are being committed. thanks to anonymous and others an attempted was made to provide people with Dial up internet. now i am no expert and no hardened activist. but i am a human being who cares about every single person in this world. and what i have seen in the last 24 hours i can honestly say with my hand on my heart has changed my life for ever. the genocide that is being committed is one of the most disturbing and disgusting and saddening thing i have ever witness. so i ask you to go on twitter if you have it Facebook if you have it to or email friends you have who may have these social network sites. and keep raising awarenesst follow anonymous accounts rt,there tweets. if we use our voice WE can make a difference. and here is way. i warn you this pic is extremely upsetting pic.twitter.com/31R3LftecN IMAGINE IF THAT WAS YOUR CHILD.

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I am disturbed by the syrian civil war for a year... it has also been pretty clear since the start that Assad and his government are the suppressing party. So not to annoy you but how will this make a difference?

3. d0nny

d0nny Member

sounds like the future of us.

4. mystic eye

mystic eye Banned

it will raise awaness. the more people see they more they will act. even just re tweeting anonymous post will hel;p to get it trending on twitter. just the more people see wats really going on and not what the MSM is reporting. then they will see the true brutality of this government. ask yourself if it was white people do you think the west would allow it? if it was an oil Rich country would we be imposing sanctions?

5. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

Not really.

Wasn't similar thing happening somewhere in/near/somewhere else egypt lately?

6. mystic eye

mystic eye Banned

i respect you opinion flying fly. but there is a lot you can do. and apathy is everything that is wrong with this world.

7. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

It is too late to save the world.
    Humans have spread along side the whole globe as those pest. Earth will probably figure out a way to get rid of us.

8. EL Tuna

EL Tuna Member

No reason to bother, I agree day late and a dollar short. Look what happened in the congo and pretty much Africa, By the time people knew, They were already slaughtered along with anything that moved or crawled.

Shit happens, But even if 'we' all knew, Wont go any further than it has or it would have all ready. If 'we' know, Bet your ass they do too and the full story to cover up.

Not trying to be an ass, Good luck to you, I just see it as a lost cause.

9. mystic eye

mystic eye Banned

right shit happens. how would you feel if it was your kids and nobody did anything?. lost cause? i swear you will all be moaning in a few years times when its right on your door step. because believe me it WILL BE.

10. mystic eye

mystic eye Banned

a lost cause? maybe but i will sleep better knowing i did something. ISNT IT BETTER TO DIE FIGHTING THAN TO DIE IN APATHY

11. EL Tuna

EL Tuna Member

IF it is MY kids on MY front lawn a lot of people will get filled with buck shot and other types of lead. Fact is, Not my family and that's all I give a shit about. If they didn't like it, Leave, There is always a way.

Id rather have it on my door step, Then I know whos head to blow off. But until then, It is a lost cause. I wont loose a wink of sleep over any of it either.

You feel that strong about it, Go save the world superman.

12. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

It is better to die in apathy that to die fighting in apathy.

Theres many people here that will be with you, for now you've met the "apathy" ones...

13. mystic eye

mystic eye Banned

they cant leave as they cant get out of the country. i dont wanna be superman the outfit would never look good on me. to fat :D. it sadness me that people are like this. see i wonna save the world. save the world from its on destruction why because i give a shit about the world i live in and i wont there to be a future for my family. love and peace to you.

14. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Get a medical degree and join doctors without borders. I don't know why you think twitter will really make a difference. Simply caring about it won't help either. I've cared about the horrible atrocities being committee around the world since high school and it hasn't done any good.. it has brought some depressionto me though.

If you really want to help you need to find a way to go directly into these countries and help on the ground.

15. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

Mystic Eye. Note that Obama has the power through the "Emergency Broadcast System" to completely "Override" the internet in times of "Civil unrest"

16. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I'm not apathetic. I just don't see the point. Everybody knows by now what's going on in Syria and those who don't know by now probably do so because they don't care. You still can help, I'm sure. Although travelling to there sounds doubtful to me. You would really need to be a doctor or have a real concrete purpose for that. There is not much to be gained from spreading this wellknown message more on the internet. But if it helps you sleep better at night... :p

17. mystic eye

mystic eye Banned

believe me if i could go and help i would straight away

18. EL Tuna

EL Tuna Member

You want to be herd? You need tons on $$$ and then a little more $$ just incase. Its sad, But that's how it works and celebrities are the only ones to afford on the lowest of 'that' food chain to be 'herd'.

But there is always a longshot, Actions speak much louder than words, Ill help a man putting in real work, But not a microphone/keyboard person who has good intentions but fall short on the 'walking part'.

Best part for me, Is I hope you're right and im wrong. Ill take a who thread of fuck you replies and told ya so's. I hope you find satisfaction in your quest.

19. odonII

odonII O

Did you intentionally spell it this way, or can't you spell?

20. ThisIsWhyYoureWrong

ThisIsWhyYoureWrong Member

Really nothing we can do besides give money to aid some sort of humanitarian effort (if there are any). Worst case scenario, the US government and NATO steps in and "helps" by carpet bombing the country with depleted uranium, killing an abundance of civilians and poisoning the populace and their off-spring for years to come. Same way like they "helped" stop Gaddafi in Libya, and "helped" the Iraqis get rid of Saddam.

HERE is a good article about America's foreign policy and how they don't give a fuck about human rights.