You Don't Need To Take Vitamins. You Get Enough Vitamins In The Food You Eat

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Fueled by Coffee, May 28, 2015.

1. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

that's OK if you want to die at 35

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Lol, so you think not taking supplements for your first 35 years of life is going to make you die in mid 30s?

David0301 likes this.
  3. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

I think it depends on what you eat, but realistically speaking it can be hard for one to get all necessary nutrients only from food. Supplements are called supplements for a simple reason that, what we can't get from only eating food, we can supplement from taking supplements. I take supplements for example, because it's just not realistic for me to be eating only the "right food" all the time. That might work for some people, but I find that kind of lifestyle a bit lacking. I like my occasional burgers, pizza, ramen, kebab, steak, hot wings, what-have-you, and I try to supplement with supplements.

4. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

All good points, and I probably should have phrased my post more carefully; I am sure that through conditioning people learned the fundamental "rules" that you listed. If you drink (or watch someone drink) stagnant water and have terrible, life threatening diarrhea enough times, I am sure that you, as a society, might learn to avoid drinking stagnant water. But that knowledge had to be learned first hand in each society. I would guess that they lacked the ability to effectively disseminate that knowledge across (if not within) tribes and cultures. And I would guess that ancient peoples might have attributed the cause of these illness to supernatural phenomenon, and that the cures to the illnesses would have been either less accessible, or not fully known.

5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

That kind of thing i think gets propagated by people naturally wanting to believe we are more civilized, superior nowadays. And certain assumptions just get repeated over and over, the majority only bother reading about certain parts of history in high school, and even then only from the 2 or 3 sanctioned text books

The ones that seem to get propagated the most:

-Everyone thought the earth was flat

-Copernicus / Galilieo were the first humans to think the sun was in the middle of the solar system - not by at least 3000 years. A circle being 360 degrees today comes from Babylonians working out the the zodiac and the cosmic cycles of those constellations in relation to the sun. 360 degrees/365 days is no co-incidence

- No one knew about infection, even a small cut was lethal. Alcohol, salt, cauterization have been used as antiseptics for god knows how long

[​IMG]

Hell even monkeys have been observed treating wounds with certain plant species

YouFreeMe and David0301 like this.
  6. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

I take supplements. Only one is a vitamin which is taken when i feel like i'm catching something.

7. David0301

David0301 Members

:rage:

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  8. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

I Take One Effervescent "Berocca" Supplement Every Day.....Have For Years.......Berocca Has Been Around For

So Long I'm Certain Adam And Eve Dropped Them As Well......:laughing:

Cheers Glen.

9. David0301

David0301 Members

that was another great post of you, thank you for your effort

there, indeed, is a predominant assumption in urban peopleĀ“s mind that before we were not civilised, more primitive etc. which is not true at all.
    Humans up until 100 years ago were much more creative,talented,civilised,inteligent,healthy than urban humans are today. An average urban human today does not even know how to ignite fire from scratch, how to carve bowls&dishes from stone&wood, how to hunt, how to cultivate plants,trees and animals, how to generate electricity, how to heal diseases etc etc , instead they are getting dumber, more irresponsible

sumerians (which btw is the same location as babylon) knew 7000 years ago the exact number of planets we know today, their location, circulation. Ancient civilisations like inka, maya, egyptians, sumerians were able to generate electricity and gas. They figured how to obtain (bio)gas out of compost - which is btw what bio-farmers still are doing nowadays. They used the gas for cooking in their comfortable (floor heated!) houses. Because they found out that cooking with burning fire inside the house makes lots of smoke,dirt. Gas allows you to cook more even,safe and for longer periods of time without being exposed to fumes.
    They decorated their houses with luxurious water fountains.
    And btw sumerians and babylonians are located in todays IRAQ !! thats the oldest civilisation

10. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

You guys are generalizing too much. Besides the obvious fact that our ancestors literally were more primitive than us. There's no arguing that lol
    It doesn't make us superior though. We only do better because of our societal constructs and education. We're not smarter. If in a disastrous (and highly unlikely) scenario society/civilisation and all access to education/scientific knowledge and tools of it would be barred or lost we would be back in those primitive conditions in no time.

So its our surroundings (which for a large part is shaped by civilisation) that enables us to be what we are now.
    If we try to judge how humans were doing in the past there are a lot of eras and kinds of people/diff societies to cover. I agree, many were impressive in their knowledge of astronomy, architecture and a lot of continuing societies past on hygiene and even impressive medical treatments. Does this mean this counts for humans in general over the cause of history? No. Despite the average human individual being more resourceful and practical skilled than we in our time and society lots and lots suffered and died from the most basic and unneccesary ailments. What was known in one place or to a few people could be a mystery somewhere else. What was common knowledge in one era could be lost for a certain community 50 years later if a thing like the plague dropped by and knowledge that was only in peoples heads was not communicated (perhaps even sometimes because they took it for granted). If you wanna make a general statement about how much people knew in the past by noticing how much the Sumerians knew about astrology please be aware that 1) just because certain sumerian astrologers knew an impressive amount of stuff about the stars doesn't mean their whole society did, and 2) or people that came after them knew all of that too. 3) it also doesn't give an indication how sanitary the whole of a sumerian city was.

YouFreeMe likes this.
  11. David0301

David0301 Members

i just had to say what i said before because i remember when I , last year, was living in a country house (chalet in spanish) up in the hill, like a rasta hehe, away from the city, there was no electricity supply there, so the house was off-grid, i then realised how "stupid" i am . the "education" i obtained from school/university could not even help me 1 inch. I did not know how to ignite fire, how to obtain water even though there was water everyhwere in nature, how to get food , how to craft things, build fences, etc etc etc etc. felt kind of handicapped :blush: but that issue was solved within 1 year i transformed to a neanderthaler knowing how to be self sufficient :grinning:

12. All you believe our foods are full of nutrients from the soils, you are dreaming...soils are so depleted and what if any nutrients are in our foods is MINIMAL at best.

I started supplementing in my early 50's and at 82 very very healthy and not an OLD person, aging yes, but NOT old.....

13. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

14. You just do this when you visit the Big City??? wow....so the rest of the time you are good....

Do you have your own organic garden?

My 23 and 20 yr old grand kids do some supplementing and we live in a very health oriented state....

15. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

I grow a bit of organic veg in a corrugated iron water tank cut in half. I made sure when setting up I had good top soil for the tops.

16. rasta g child

rasta g child flower power

candy, ill help garden

17. AnnBitkowski

AnnBitkowski Newbie

I'm an up in years senior and manage OA as best I can BUT I do take a good deal of supplements to keep myself healthy overall.

18. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Me too. I don't think the multi millions of pounds of chemicals sprayed on land and food contributes to health.