You Could Buy A Oz Of Weed For $20.00?

Discussion in 'Remember When?' started by sandybrooke, Sep 27, 2015.

1. sandybrooke

sandybrooke Members

So, back to it. The quarantine had my wife and 27 yr old daughter stuck at home. We always played card games when the kids were young and dealt a game of rummy while smoking a blunt of hers. WOW, this shit blew me away and we pissed our self's laughing!! we kept forgetting whose turn it was. Our Mexican shit weed never was this good!!

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

No matter how stoned you get, you should always refrain from pissing yourself.

Bicaptain My Captain likes this.
  3. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yes pot was a lot cheaper back then, but the quality was lower. The potency was around 5% THC and an ounce would consist of a mixture of buds and leaves, with some stems and seeds you needed to remove. Now it's all buds, 15-35%, and the leaves are saved for making edibles. If you want seeds you have to buy them.

I recently tracked down some Acapulco Gold selling at a dispensary, paid $18 for an eighth, and compared it to today's weed. It compares very nicely at 24%, but it's now average pot. That's science at work making our lives better!

Sambone and Bicaptain My Captain like this.
  4. Bicaptain My Captain

Bicaptain My Captain Members

35% THC would blow off the top of my head.

5. Angelmama

Angelmama Angel Lifetime Supporter

I remember. If you had 5 bucks you could get a finger of righteous weed.
    A hit of acid was a quarter.
    Those were the days my friend.
    It costs a fortune to see a Paul McCartney concert... In 1966 I saw all 4 Beatles for under 15 dollars.

themnax and (deleted member) like this.