You Are The Quarry...

Discussion in 'UK Music Forum' started by TheFly, May 24, 2004.

1. TheFly

TheFly Member

:) Hmmmmmmmm...

Nice...

Never was much of a Smiths fan... part of my character... tend to avoid the stuff that everyone raves about, so I tend to discover things much later... but that way I don't get sucked into hype... I think... :confused:

Anyways...

Got the new Morrissey album... and I really like it very much... I think it is fucking great...

Fantastic voice... great songs... lots of guitar... intelligent lyrics... and a fucking proper old school gangster gun on the cover...

What more could anybody want?... :D

Fly...

2. Claire

Claire Senior Member

saw him on Jools Holland a couple of weeks ago, was good

3. TheFly

TheFly Member

:) Yeah... it was the Jools Holland thing that made my mind up to go out and get it... I hadn't heard the single or anything until then... and I just really liked the way he performed and I thought the songs were blinding...

Looks like I could go backcatalogue hunting...

Fly...

4. bokonon

bokonon Senior Member

Haven't heard the new album, didn't think the single was anything special, I like it though. Spotted on the efestival website today that Morrisey is another Glastonbury rumour by the way!

As for The Smiths. They were bloody great.
    Buy "The Queen Is Dead" today.

5. drinkupyourcider

drinkupyourcider Member

He's almost a dead cert for glasters me thinks

How come you haven't commented on this thread yet Joel (hehehehe)

6. Spyder

Spyder La dah de dah

haha, cos i havent heard the album, i've heard one track, i wasent overly impressed on it, to be honest, but i'll have to buy it, or probally download it, cos im really skeptical about it

7. Spyder

Spyder La dah de dah

Just got it and listened, its not bad accually, i dont think its amazing, and certainly not his best...but its good!

8. TheFly

TheFly Member

Difficult for an artist of his reputation... release a new album an it almost always is compared unfavourably with works of previous brilliance... I always find the same thing levelled against Bowie whenever he releases something new... not as good as (insert fave universally agreed alum of genius here), is it?... makes you wonder why they bother?...

Anyways, its my first Morrissey album and I am playing it quite a bit...

Fly...

9. Spyder

Spyder La dah de dah

Viva Hate is excellent