Cannabis and Marijuana Hangout

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Totally Yoda, Apr 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Members

A place to share your stoner experiences and recommendations.
    Ask any questions, and be reassured there is also some help with purchases for seeds.

Cannabis, also known as marijuana among other names,[a] is a psychoactive drug from the Cannabis plant used primarily for medical and recreational purposes.[18][19][20] Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is the main psychoactive component of cannabis, which is one of the 483 known compounds in the plant,[21] including at least 65 other cannabinoids,[22] including cannabidiol (CBD).[23] Cannabis can be used by smoking, vaporizing, within food, or as an extract.[24]

Cannabis has various mental and physical effects, which include euphoria, altered states of mind and sense of time, difficulty concentrating, impaired short-term memory and body movement,[24] relaxation,[25] and an increase in appetite.[26] Onset of effects is felt within minutes when smoked, and about 30 to 60 minutes when cooked and eaten.[24][27] The effects last for two to six hours, depending on the amount used.[27] At high doses, mental effects can include anxiety, delusions (including ideas of reference), hallucinations, panic, paranoia, and psychosis.[24][23] There is a strong relation between cannabis use and the risk of psychosis,[28][29] though the direction of causality is debated.[30] Physical effects include increased heart rate, difficulty breathing, nausea, and behavioral problems in children whose mothers used cannabis during pregnancy;[24] short-term side effects may also include dry mouth and red eyes.[31][32] Long-term adverse effects may include addiction, decreased mental ability in those who started regular use as adolescents, chronic coughing, and susceptibility to respiratory infections.[33]

Cannabis is mostly used recreationally or as a medicinal drug, although it may also be used for spiritual
    purposes
    . In 2013, between 128 and 232 million people used cannabis (2.7% to 4.9% of the global population between the ages of 15 and 65).[34] It is the most commonly used illegal drug in the world,[24][34] though it is legal in some jurisdictions, with the highest use among adults (as of 2018) in Zambia, the United States, Canada, and Nigeria.[35]

While cannabis plants have been grown since at least the 3rd millennium BCE,[36] evidence suggests that it was being smoked for psychoactive effects at least 2,500 years ago in the Pamir Mountains;[37] the earliest evidence found at a cemetery in what is today western China close to the tripoint with Tajikistan and Afghanistan.[38] Since the early 20th century, cannabis has been subject to legal restrictions. The possession, use, and cultivation of cannabis is illegal in most countries of the world.[39][40] In 2013, Uruguay became the first country to legalize recreational use of cannabis.[41] Other countries to do so are Canada, Georgia, and South Africa, plus 16 states, 2 territories, and the District of Columbia in the United States (though the drug remains federally illegal).[41][42] Medical use of cannabis, requiring the approval of a physician, has been legalized in a greater number of countries.[43]

[​IMG]

Picture courtesy of Barneys Farm Buy Cannabis Seeds | Killabeez Seeds | Cannabis Seeds

Benefits of Cannabis are as follows

Relief of chronic pain

Improves lung capacity

Help lose weight

Regulate and prevent diabetes

Fight cancer

Helps treat depression

Shows promise in autism treatment

Regulate seizures

Mend bones

Helps with ADHD/ADD

Treatment for glaucoma

Alleviate anxiety

Slow development of Alzheimer’s disease

Deal with pain linked to arthritis

Helps with PTSD symptoms

Helps provide relief to individuals with multiple sclerosis

Reduces side effects linked to hepatitis C and increase the effectiveness of treatment

Treats inflammatory bowel diseases

Helps with tremors associated with Parkinson’s disease

Helps with alcoholism

w99tqcmxolh51.jpg

Be sure to check our sponsor for all of your cannabis and marijuana needs.
    ! Cannabis & Marijuana Seeds | BARNEYS FARM®

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I have CBD buds... dunno.gif

3. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Excellent start! Lots of growth coming soon.

4. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Members

Yes!

Mysteron and Candy Gal like this.
  5. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Members

I tried CBD. Doesn't do anything for me.

6. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

It's my only option.

7. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Members

My wife started CBD. So far it is working for her. She uses it to help her sleep.

Mysteron and Candy Gal like this.
  8. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

9. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Members

I like this :)

[​IMG]

10. ~Zen~

CBDs aren't going to get you high, at all. That's why some think it does nothing for them, they are expecting that wonderful THC feeling.

CBD is far subtler, and will relieve pain, reduce inflammation and halt or retard the growth of cancers. It works for that! But it is not the miracle cure some say it is.

I love the relaxation of eating a CBD infused chocolate bar, I find the effect soothing and relaxing as my arthritis pain goes away (temporarily).

11. ~Zen~

DSC01545.JPG

Now this will get you so high you will begin laughing, believe me! It is a strain called Cinderella '99, a huge favorite in Amsterdam of the early 2000's. We grew a lot of it there, and in Northern California. Wish I could get this strain again, but the genetics seem to have been lost or perverted over time.

PS - I grew this bud in NorCal in 2015. Got a full pound of finished cured buds from that lady :)

12. ~Zen~

IMG_20170502_185551.jpg

I know a seed breeder named Bushy Old Grower, from Humboldt County, California. He created many fine strains including this example of his famous "Sour Bubble." Shit was strong, and made me cough, but WoW it got you HIGH!

13. SantaCruzRob

SantaCruzRob Senior Member

Seems to ne that weed is so much stronger than it was years ago
    Can a person get something mellow?

Totally Yoda likes this.
  14. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

something is transcendent

Right?

There.

SO... frequently I can be seen here promoting health and wellness; be it psychological or physical. Yes, you should take care of yourself.

But aren't there psychological benefits to introspection? I think that it's a direction we should explore as legalization takes its hold.

How much can we smoke this in good health? I just don't know the answers. Or if it's really worth risks. I no longer smoke.

Totally Yoda and ~Zen~ like this.
  15. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Members

It does put me to sleep which is great when I need to sleep. I however never had a CBD infused chocolate bar. I shall try that!

~Zen~ likes this.
  16. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Members

I want to try that. Shit looks good.

~Zen~ likes this.
  17. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Members

Dude you are so right about that. And the smell is so strong compare to 20 years ago.

~Zen~ likes this.
  18. ~Zen~

It's difficult to grow and is susceptible to mold - outdoors it never gets the same as indoors. It's a delicate one, mostly sativa I think.

Unfortunately he has passed away just this last December.
    You can thank a whole wave of people who fled to Amsterdam and Spain in the 1980s to grow weed legally. The pioneers of seed breeding, They traveled the world and brought the best genetics back from far flung places such as Afghanistan and Rajastan, Thailand, Oxaca, etc. Columbian Gold was an early favorite, sadly lost to the ravages of time but quite memorable.

I was fortunate to live in Amsterdam during the '90s and early 2000s, and worked with a growing expert who published a bout twenty books and wrote the monthly how to grow column in High Times. We got to see many breeder's secret gardens and checked out thier work.

Of course there is more to the story... Morocco... running a Cannabis Grow Cup one year... starting a cannabis magazine in Europe...

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
  19. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Members

Gotcha I try to avoid sativa as it makes me lose my mind and paranoid. Shame he passed away. I know of someone that grows out in the wild in no mans land. His stuff is very good and I still have over an once left. He put aside another once for me to take whenever I'm ready to.

That is so awesome! I've always wanted to visit a grow site. I have read some issues of the magazine. It's very cool and interesting.

~Zen~ likes this.
  20. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

yEP been to Amsterdam a few times. x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.