Ylang Ylang!

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by seohsreven, Jan 22, 2009.

1. seohsreven

seohsreven Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

OK, just had to post this, as it's the only way to share with those who don't have the good fortune to live in the tropical Pacific:

Our Ylang Ylang trees are going absolutely nuts this time of year! We have two, one on the North and South sides of the house, each about 9 meters high.

Every morning and evening, their intense aroma pervades the abode, weaving waves wrapping their tender tendrils around your face is an orgasmic olfactory experience:

[​IMG]

You can see more images of our garden here and here. I can't take credit for much other than the bananas and larger trees, as my wife is the real gardener.

2. FireflyInTheDark

FireflyInTheDark Sell-out with a Heart of Gold

Purty... and I like the mantis on those last few pics.

3. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

I would love to live there. I love aromatic plants. Most people in my area hate the silk trees people grow for quick shade, but when they are bloom in the summer, and you are standing or mowing under one there is this faint scent of watermelon, that just makes them worthwhile.

4. MindingMyOwnBeeswax

MindingMyOwnBeeswax Member

5. green hell

green hell Member

wow your garden is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!! i'm jealous! so you're in Micronesia & Thailand? it looks amazing there.