Yin and Yang

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by laughing-buddha, Jun 2, 2013.

1. laughing-buddha

laughing-buddha Relax and have fun

Yin and Yang- Chinese origin
    Purusha and Prakriti- Indian Origin

I will stick to Yin and Yang words, since they are widely known and better understood, even though both - Indian and Chinese words imply the same thing.

These are the concepts to be UNDERSTOOD and DESCRIPTION Is often inadequate.

However, still refer to wiki just to refresh our memory-

"Yin and yang are actually complementary, not opposing, forces, interacting to form a whole greater than either separate part; in effect, a dynamic system. Everything has both yin and yang aspects, (for instance shadow cannot exist without light). Either of the two major aspects may manifest more strongly in a particular object, depending on the criterion of the observation"

Now the main argument-

Can I say- Matter and energy as described in modern physics is the same- Yin and Yang?

Whatever way I tried against this argument- I could not reach to conclusion.

Can someone prove to me that matter and energy are totally different terms and in no way we can equate them with Yin and Yang?

Else, I am reaching to the conclusion that science has followed religion-at least here.

2. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Yin and Yang sitting in a tree....

3. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

4. laughing-buddha

laughing-buddha Relax and have fun

Thanks.

I tried to attach that book, here in my reply, but it exceeds limit.

However, Capra has not explicitly said anywhere that

yin and yang are same as matter and energy.

5. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

I think that one can talk about yin and yang as absolute energies, and also as relative properties

so my guess would be that matter is very yin overall, and energy very yang overall, but not yin and yang themselves