Yet more bands you can discuss about in here...

Discussion in 'Music' started by mekalekalay, Dec 28, 2004.

1. mekalekalay

mekalekalay Member

Ok, I'll list some bands we can discuss about that most likely haven't been. Ready? Here we go...
    The Smiths - When I first heard the song "Panic" on Jackass I was hooked.

Leftover Crack - Maybe my favorite punk-ish band right now.

Flogging Molly & Dropkick Murpheys - Great band that you need to check out if you haven't they are the greatest Irish punk bands out there, also worth checking out in the catagory the Pouges.

Kyuss - The creaters of Stoner Metal/Rock, No stoner metal is not music that oyu get buzzed to but sounds like Blue Oyster Cult & Black Sabbath with distorted sounds. Also check out some good stoner metal bands at http://www.fuzzrock.com

Thats all for now.

2. JoneeEarthquake

JoneeEarthquake Member

Flogging Molly and Dropkick Murphys arent really my cup of tea. I imagine the shows are great though. It would be like a normal punk show, but much bigger. A few of my friends really like them. If im going to see some Irish punk though, i'd rather see the Gobshites. They rock my cock off

3. Voodoo child

Voodoo child Member

the dropkick murpheys made me laugh the first time i heard them on a cd a friend of mine made for me! Not because they were awful or anything, they just made me laugh and smile for some reason.

peace and love
    xxxxx

4. Spelunker

Spelunker Member

LOC are a very important band ~ listen to them!!!

5. hiddendoor

hiddendoor Member

The Smiths are cool, been listening to them for twenty years now, especially the first album and Hat Full of Hollow, seen a fair few posts here about em tho

6. Big Will

Big Will Member

7. consolidated

consolidated Banned

I don't know the smiths.. but the rest is really cool!!

8. drbeaker

drbeaker Member

I just saw floggin molly last night and it was fucking incredible. Sooo much energy! They don't just pick up folk instruments as a gimick, they can really play the shit out of them, they could be a serious folk music group if they wanted to but they do punk for the raw energy. I essentially forsook the punk scene for the jamband scene halfway through high school but flogging molly is one of the few groups that brings me back.

I saw dropkick murphys about 4 years ago and while their set was great I thought their crowd were a bunch of assholes. They were extremely violent in the pit, purposely throwing fists and elbows and kicking their legs face-high (wearing steel-toed boots mind you) and never picking people up when they fell over. As much as I enjoyed the music, the vibe in the audience was just so bad, it really bummed me out.

9. hailtothekingbaby

hailtothekingbaby Yowzers!

Flogging Molly, Dropkick Murphys and Leftöver Crack are cool. I only know and enjoy a handful of punk bands, and the bands you mentioned are definitely a finger each, so to speak. :)