YES! NOT pregnant!

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by Lilah_Morgan, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Lilah_Morgan

Lilah_Morgan Member

I got my period! :) I'm SOOOO releaved. I've been a bit ridiculous cause I took two tests and they came out negative...but I was STILL worried cause I hadn't gotten it yet. lol I was worried they were false negatives.

Its just really unusual for me to get my period late, I know three days late is common for a lot of women, but not me. Mine is like clockwork most of the time. Like literally, I can go down the calender from the first day of my last one like "one, two, three, four" and thats ALWAYS the day I get my next one.

Children are AWSOME, I love them and so want one sometime, but I'm so not even ready to be pregnant. And just barely supporting myself, financially. And the guy who would've been the father is a dumbass who I dont' really care about. So Yeah...THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!

2. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

Good for you. What kind of protection were you using?

3. Lilah_Morgan

Lilah_Morgan Member

Condom.....but he didn't put it on till we were almost done. I thought he had it on the whole time. (longer story why I didn't know) Hence the paranoia.

That, plus some other sh*t he's pulled, is making me think he's not even worth it as a f*ckbuddy. Even though the sex is great, um yeah whatever. I can go find someone else to have great sex with.

We were talking about finding a woman to have a threesome with, with extacy, and if that happens, I am in. But other than that? Nah. I think I"m done with him now.

4. LauraMay

LauraMay Rainbow Humper

5. xexon

xexon Destroyer Of Worlds

He didn't put it on till he was almost done?

Let me explain something. This would have done little to nothing to keep you from getting pregnant. A man doesn't have to cum to produce sperm. Its produced all during foreplay, etc, and it passes out with the clear liquid you see beforehand. Just because the liquid is clear doesn't mean the coast is clear, understand?

Of the millions of sperm produced, it only takes one to make you pregnant. Those that arrive in the clear liquid are just as eager as those waiting on the launchpad. They can number in the thousands.

You really need to be more careful.

x

6. Lilah_Morgan

Lilah_Morgan Member

Xexon---I am WELL aware of everything you just said!!!! I thought he had the condom on the whole time, he kinda fooled me into thinking he did.

If I thought precum couldn't get me pregnant, I wouldn't have been so worried about it the last two weeks, trust me!!!!!

7. Rigby

Rigby Member

I'm glad you're not! I know how it feels to be pregnant when you don't want to be.

8. XBloodyNailPolishX

XBloodyNailPolishX Forgetful Philosopher

lol, I just got back from Planned Parenthood a few minutes ago; negative here as well. Congrats! yay for empty utueruses!!

9. hailey_2000

hailey_2000 Member

if hes a dumass then why did you have sex with him????

10. aclassb

aclassb Banned

Let's sum things up here: This woman isn't ready to be pregnant. She doesn't have the money to support herself. She doesn't love the father. And she wouldn't want him to be the father of her children.

YET, she is having sex with him anyways, and risking having children with him each time. In the forum, she doesn't even get the guy to put on a condom until the end (But she claims she thought he had it on the whole time. Yeah right. Only another woman would fall for that one.)

Only someone who is 100% selfish would risk starting another human life which couldn't be supported over her own personal pleasure. Shameless.

Am I the only person who thinks this sort of lifestyle is insane?

11. wanderin_blues

wanderin_blues Banned

dude...stfu.
    glad to hear your not preggers lilah :)

12. Lilah_Morgan

Lilah_Morgan Member

aclassb you are extremely judgemental. I am very careful about not getting pregnant, normally. You don't know the circumstances of why I didn't know he didn't have the condom on.....not about to tell you cause whatever....but I honest-to-God thought he did have it on the whole time. You can choose to believe that or not believe that, but whatever I am telling the truth, I have no reason to lie on here.

And are you honestly going to say you've only had sex with people you've been in love with? If yes, good for you, but not everybody falls in love too easily or often. If I only had sex with someone I'm "in love" with, I wouldn't have had any sex at all in like the last 4 or 5 years.
    No matter what you think about casual sex, its not as though I'm the only one who does it. As long as you are HONEST about it I don't think its wrong, thats just my opinion though.

And BTW "doesn't have the money to support herself" is not what I said. I said I'm BARELY supporting myself--I AM making ends meet, I am just not where I want to be financially yet.

And if I was pregnant, I would find a way to make it work. Even if its not the right time for me, I would've dealt with it. I am VERY happy I'm not, that was a close one, but if I had been I would've gotten used to the idea and begun preparing, and fallen in LOVE with my baby too.

13. Lilah_Morgan

Lilah_Morgan Member

Yay for both of us BloodyNailPolish! :)
    Lets go drink some baileys....because we can....lol

14. imaginepeace

imaginepeace Livin' the Dream

If we only had sex to have babies wouldn't that be kinda of...well a huge step backwards for women kind? I mean we've worked to establish that we can have sex when we want and that we are free to make choices about our own bodies...so don't try any take that from someone.

15. imaginepeace

imaginepeace Livin' the Dream

p.s. I started today to!! But I'm on the pill so i wasn't really that worried.

16. aclassb

aclassb Banned

Lilah_Morgan, sorry for being judgmental. I have a tendencey to go off on a tyrade sometimes. I'm just trying to understand what goes on in the female mind.

In response to this comment:

***And are you honestly going to say you've only had sex with people you've been in love with?***

Of course. Why the hell would I have it otherwise?

***If yes, good for you, but not everybody falls in love too easily or often. If I only had sex with someone I'm "in love" with, I wouldn't have had any sex at all in like the last 4 or 5 years.***

You say that as if it's a terrible, awful thing. Can't you control your urges? Isn't there more to your life than sex sex sex???

You see, if you view sex as nothing more than YOU getting YOUR personal pleasure, your attitude makes sense. But it seems pretty selfish. Sex is meant for propagation, and in order for a child to be properly raised it needs two loving parents. This is why sex should only take place in a loving, stable relationship: For the potential child's sake. All statistics say that children are better off in life if they have two parents who are still together, and express their love openly.

***No matter what you think about casual sex, its not as though I'm the only one who does it.***

You seem to think that just because everyone does it, it makes it okay. Well, every one lies from time to time. Everyone steals from time to time. Just because everyone does it, are lying and stealing morally acceptable?

***As long as you are HONEST about it I don't think its wrong, thats just my opinion though.***

I understand your views here. They are certainly common place. But erroneous. Philosophers view truth as an unchanging value, to be pursued, not invented. This means if you don't THINK something is wrong, it could still be VERY wrong.

Notice I said "could".

Just because something feels right does not MAKE it right. We all need to remember this fact. Myself included!

***If we only had sex to have babies wouldn't that be kinda of...well a huge step backwards for women kind?***

No no, you are over simplifying. Sex should only be an expression of true love between two people. And the result of that event is often a child, which will then be raised by two loving parents. Sex for pleasure is selfish, and selfishness is the root of all evil.

However, having sex as an expression of LOVE and getting pleasure FROM it is not selfsish.

***I mean we've worked to establish that we can have sex when we want***

I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying that there was a time when women couldn't have sex whenever they wanted? And are you saying that having sex whenever you want is a good thing? That would be true if everyone was sterile, but we are talking about the potential to create a new life, and be responsible for it. It shouldn't be taken so lightly.

***and that we are free to make choices about our own bodies...so don't try any take that from someone.***

I'm all for women making their own choices about their own bodies. I'm all for men doing it too. Get tatoos, piercings, have surgery, what ever floats your boat. But when we are talking about sex, we have to consider the fact that a NEW human body could be created. And just because that body is inside someone's womb doesn't mean it's the SAME body as the mother.

It is often difficult for people without children to truly understand this concept. And why shouldn't it be? Having a child is a beautiful and life changing experience. But I work with a lot of under privileged children with my job, and I am constantly surround by little kids who come from broken, unstable families.

Many mothers don't take the time to properly raise their children, and are out bar hopping and sleeping around. Sometimes we have to get child-services involved, which is always very sad, but sometimes necessary for the benefit of the child.

What I am saying is that most of these children were born of a mother who was just having casual sex, and accidentally became pregnant. Since she didn't love the father, the child was not CREATED out of love, and thus will miss out on a lot of love which it needs to grow up healthy. The kind of love only a mother and a father who are IN love can give.

17. Lilah_Morgan

Lilah_Morgan Member

aclassb, while I DO understand where you are comming from, I think you are forgetting one important thing: if used correctly, birth control can be VERY effective. I wont give you teh play-by-play of what went wrong in this specific instance, but usually, if you protect yourself, you probably WONT get pregnant. Sex doesn't automatically lead to children.

And controlling my urges? I gotta roll my eyes at that. Yes, with masturbation I can go long periods without sex. up to almost 8 months once. But sometimes, you just need the release and awsome feeling that only orgasms with another human being can give you.

I do agree that sex with someone you love is an expression of love....but sometimes, it can just be sex. Appreciation for another human being, release, fun....you just have to be careful, and HONEST.

Although I understand your points about casual sex, I think it comes down to honesty. If you are lying---pretending you feel something you don't, etc---just to get laid, that is wrong. But if you are being upfront "I dont' want you to be my boyfriend/girlfriend" and the other person is ok with that, than I dont' see the harm.

I really think it comes down to honesty.

18. aclassb

aclassb Banned

***aclassb, while I DO understand where you are comming from, I think you are forgetting one important thing: if used correctly, birth control can be VERY effective.***

I don't deny that fact. But look at it this way. Human beings were never made to function with birth control. Scientists have invented chemicals and treatments to prevent pregnancy in order to allow people to have more sex with less responsibility. And embracing this goes against the normal laws of nature.

It's like taking drugs. Amphetamenes can greatly increase reflexes, mood, perception, and coordination. They make you feel great. So why don't we all take them all the time? Because it is an unnatural chemical interaction with physical repercussions.

Birth Control is an unnatural chemical interaction which causes emotional and societal repercussions. Lessen responsibility for sex leads to less control over sex drive. This allows marketing companies to capitalize on the oversexed populous and tap into our procreation instincts to sell their products. This also causes people to be in sexually heightened states more of the time, which science has PROVEN makes a person much more suggestable! An excellent way of gaining further influence on what the populous thinks..

You have to look at the BIG picture to see how everything fits in.

When nature is unbalanced, some people will profit, and some people will suffer. Corporations profit, families suffer.

***I wont give you teh play-by-play of what went wrong in this specific instance, but usually, if you protect yourself, you probably WONT get pregnant. Sex doesn't automatically lead to children.***

That is completely true. However, nature INTENDS sex to lead to pregnancy. Nothing man has created can eliminate the possibility of pregnancy 100%. The ONLY way to achieve that is through sterilization. And even THEN, I have heard stories of tubes growing back.

My Aunt was using three kinds of protection on her wedding night. She had no plans to have children that early. But she because pregnant from that night. And knowing my aunt, I seriously doubt she would be making up the story. She was happy anyways, just very surprised.

What I am trying to say is that the control is an illusion. Life can always find a way. And you are gambling with another potential person's life, not just your own.

I'm not trying to ruin sex for everybody, I'm just trying to make people more aware. I'm just trying to educate people, make them think about things in a way they might not have considered.

***And controlling my urges? I gotta roll my eyes at that. Yes, with masturbation I can go long periods without sex. up to almost 8 months once.***

Are you telling me that you would become mentally ill, or incapacitated without eventual sex? Because you realize that the pleasure chemical in your brain released during sex, dopameine, is the same chemical that causes junkies to feel pleasure from drugs, and get addicted to them. And junkies can often feel extremely ill if they are cut off from their fix.

***But sometimes, you just need the release and awsome feeling that only orgasms with another human being can give you.***

While that may seem true, you should look deeper into the meaning of the word "need". Need denotes necessity. Humans need water, nutrients, and sleep to live. That's all we physically need. Which means that any need above that must be a mental need.

But the thing about mental needs is that they can be dominated by the mind, their place of residence. Infact, the mind is SO powerful, that it can also affect the physical needs of the body. This is how monks are able to fast weeks, even months at a time.

But with monks, you will also notice that they do eventually have to eat to live. However, monks are celibate. They do not have sex. But they do not HAVE to in order to sustain their bodies.

So there is a broader definition of need for you. I think after reading this, you will of course agree that no one "needs" to have sex. But in actuality, it is a want. A very powerful want which can seem like a need, but a want none the less.

**I do agree that sex with someone you love is an expression of love....but sometimes, it can just be sex.***

Of course. It can either f-ing, or making love. One is selfish, one giving.

Love is always about giving. The basis of love is putting the needs and wants of another person above your own. The basis of selfishness is putting your needs above someone elses. And especially your wants.

Now, you will say, if two people just want casual sex, then they aren't putting their own wants above the other person. They are equal on the subject.

HOWEVER, you are BOTH now putting YOUR needs above the needs of a potential human life. A life which NEEDS food, nutrients, and sleep. But more importantly, needs LOVE to create those for it. Hate and love can both satisfy physical needs, but only love can satisfy physical AND mental needs. And everyone agree that two parents together, who created a child out of love, will care for it better than two parents apart, who created it out of self pleasure.

Thus, logically, even casual sex with a willing partner IS in fact a selfish act which puts the WANTS of the two partners above the NEEDS of the potential human life. And science has proven that it is never 100% possible to ALWAYS avoid pregnancy. This means that logically, there is no way to ethically and selflessly have sex outside of monogamous love. Monogamy only REALLY exists to raise children. It has no real purpose elsewhere. And since sex can never REALLY be 100% for pleasure, because there is always a chance for pregnancy no matter how small, it's only NATURAL place is in a monogamous love relationship.

Now, I'm not going to be convincing any of you to magically change the way you live. We each make our own decisions. But I HAVE logically shown that sex outside of monogamous love is an unnatural state for humans to function in, and upsets the balance nature intended us to live in.

Many of you won't care. I'm not sure I even do. But logically speaking, these facts cannot be argued against.

***Although I understand your points about casual sex, I think it comes down to honesty. If you are lying---pretending you feel something you don't, etc---just to get laid, that is wrong. But if you are being upfront "I dont' want you to be my boyfriend/girlfriend" and the other person is ok with that, than I dont' see the harm.

I really think it comes down to honesty.***

That's a nice thought, and many people think that way because they have never sat down and logically calculated the human interactions before. No one has ever really crunched the statistics on the most successful environments for children to be in, the difference between needs and wants, the application differences between love and selfishness, and how they all relate to each other.

When it comes down to it, MOST of us do before we REALLY thing. I mean, everyone thinks before they do something. But most of us never think long enough to connect all the dots. If you look at society long enough, you can actually see where and why the problems are, and trace them back to their exact source.

However, that source usually takes away a certain amount of pleasure we have become accustomed too, and most of us are unwilling to give it up to balance the natural order of things and restructure society to function in harmony. In fact, most of us have been told that our unnatural functions are in fact natural! That polluting, crime, teen-pregnancy are natural parts of life, and we need to seek to REDUCE them. We turn to government to change and affect out lives to reduce these things, when all along, if we were willing to make personal sacrifices as individuals, we would correct societies ills on our own, and not have to give our own personal power to a government.

We have within us the power to balance the planet back to where is was meant to be.

But because that process would take personal sacrifice that we would not live to see, most of us would never consider making those sacrifices.

In fact, most of us wouldn't even realize those sacrifices exist, or would make any difference at all.

19. Lilah_Morgan

Lilah_Morgan Member

AClassB LOL you know what? We are just going to have to agree to disagree here.

20. WanderingSoul

WanderingSoul Free

aclassb, for myself, I would not consider having sex with someone I didn't care about. It just isn't pleasurable for me.

However, just because that is also your sentiment, does not mean you should go around telling other women they're wrong for having sex outside of those boundaries.

Casual sex isn't fun for me, and that's why I wouldn't do it. It's a personal choice. I don't remember if Lilah_Morgan said the person she was with was a boyfriend or what, but it doesn't matter. Just because I don't like having casual sex does not mean I go around preaching that others shouldn't do it, nor do I think it makes her a slut.

The way I feel isn't for religious reasons or anything like that, it's just that from personal experience having sex with someone I didn't care about was simply not enjoyable. I don't really care what other women do as long as it makes them happy and they aren't hurting anyone.

Just because you believe something does not mean everyone else does. Nor should they just because you do. You should not judge other people based on how YOU feel about things.