Yes Man

Discussion in 'Comedy Movies' started by AmericanEthics, Dec 31, 2008.

1. AmericanEthics

AmericanEthics Member

I didn't see a thread for this movie so I thought there should be one.

Who else has seen it? I thought it was hilarious! And it does kind of make you think a out the decisions that we have in our lives. That and Jim Carrey is just flat out hilarious!

Agree? Disagree? Discuss.

2. dergkyz

dergkyz Member

it was pretty good. I didnt like the ending that much, seemed to go by too fast, but thats just me. Some parts were very funny no doubt.

Ill give it a 7/10

3. Valdis

Valdis Member

My teens and I loved it. I tried to read the book but couldn't get into it. I like the basic central concept.

4. Angel86

Angel86 Member

I thought it was great...but I shouldn't see comedies in public...I started laughing way too much and tried to muffle myself and choked on my popcorn. The theater started laughing at me at one point! haha...anywho, good movie & very funny.

5. quantum0menace

quantum0menace Member

will i like it if i dont like jim carrey?

6. AmericanEthics

AmericanEthics Member

I think there's a good chance you could.

7. IWantTo

IWantTo Member

I was surprised that Jim Carrey was not as animated as usual but that's o.k. I really liked the quirky girl she was adorable.

8. TheMagneticHeadache

TheMagneticHeadache Banned

I downloaded a copy, started getting into it, and then the audio suddenly cut out for the rest of the movie (on the copy i had i mean, i didn't sit there and watch it like a silent film!!). I've never had that happen before on dvdrips, it was weird.

9. metalgypsy

metalgypsy Member

It was okay.

10. Samuel Clemens

Samuel Clemens Banned

I really can't wait to see it

I have wanted to for a while

I just have not gotten around to it

11. fluttersteke

fluttersteke Member

From what I saw, I liked it. But every time I watched it I always end up getting 45 minutes in then fall asleep. Now I just gave up since I was watching online. I have to wait for the movie to load and its just not worth the wait since I saw the first 45 minutes probably 9-10 times.

12. Harpo

Harpo Member

I vaguely know Danny Wallace, who wrote the book (which is based on him doing it for real for an entire year, in case you didn't know). When he attended the world premier of the film alongside the stars, the whole of Leicester Square was red carpeted with giant "YES"es all over the place. I asked him if that was the most surreal moment of his life, and he replied "Yes."