Yes, it was cold but......

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by mr_manager, Feb 21, 2014.

1. mr_manager

mr_manager Member

Up here in Indiana we have had to deal with record amounts of snow then the so called Polar Vortex which caused me to be stuck in these foot coffins for over 80 days, We got up in the 40's on Wednesday and I could not take it anymore! I went without shoes as I ran a few errands around town! Yes I got some stares, yes I got some comments, yes the ground was cold, and yes the slushy puddles were almost unbearable but overall, I felt so much better. Can't stand having my feet in those uncomfortable shoes. This winter can kiss my arse!

2. Shakti_Om

Shakti_Om Local Pixie

I'm the same, no matter how cold it gets I just won't put on a pair of shoes.
    Although I do live in a moderate climate which rarely drops below freezing it can be pretty cold sometimes, and yes I also get the obvious comment ' arnt you cold?' :D

Sx

3. AstroShark

AstroShark Member

i am kinda in the same boat mr manager is in.....ive had to wear shoes quite a bit so far this year due to the colder then usuall winters and the 2 fet of snow VA has goten so far this winter but today was awesome!! It was warm and in the 60's so i got to be my barefoot self today eventhough all i did was go to church and get something to eat at the Taco Bell

4. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

count me in, it appals me how much people is shocked by a winter bf'er as opposed as how much i dislike footwear,not so much about the look but for the feeling. i started one summer and since then the thing grew to the point that today if im not barefoot i feel sensory deprived or , better, that im being robbed of sensations righteously belonging to me - no big deal if it's gonna be numbing cold puddles,icy wood streams and frozen grass, or thorns (winters keep growing milder tho). btw in the town they have some really dangerous surfaces, like super slick sidewalks who are already killer-grade slippery when dry... but standing on them barefoot while wet feels and works just like oil on ice. they're freakin' traps, that's what those sidewalks are.also i don't like escalators. there is no sign there about bare feet being forbidden but it's pretty obvious why: no one ever thought about it and beside this i dont want to climb them - hordes of scary metal teeth.:leaving:
    more personal barefoot «no-no» anyone ?