Yes I suppose that I

Discussion in 'Animism' started by warmhandedcanadian, Jul 15, 2010.

1. warmhandedcanadian

warmhandedcanadian shit storm chaser

am animistic

? Is that how you would say it? I'm intrigued.

2. Amsler

Amsler Member

If you believe in the general principals behind the religion/philosophy, then yes.

3. warmhandedcanadian

I havent heard about it before

4. paperairplane

paperairplane Banned

thats okay, you're living it, friend

5. warmhandedcanadian

I certainly am, is there anyone who can discuss this subject so that I can learn more about it? I often take part in ceremonies which include preparing food for the spirits of our ancestors as well, would this also be included?

6. ~xR*Z*Nx~

~xR*Z*Nx~ Member

why do we need a name for who we are just be my self i will always be ..............

ALL religions/philosophies in existence are reflections of who I am.
    but who I am is NO one religion/philosophy or even the sum of all of them.

7. Bassline514

Bassline514 Member

Basically, animism is believing that every living thing (plants, animals, and I'd also tend to include minerals) has a soul and a consciousness, even if very different from human being's consciousness.

8. Mountain Valley Wolf

Mountain Valley Wolf Senior Member

You can also look at it in terms of God being present in everything, and thereby providing the essence of life to all things. It is common to indigenous people the world over, and even though there are cultural and regional differences, there are amazing universalities that are shared between all of these indigenous people---from the Australian aboriginees, to the people of North, Central, and South America, the Siberian eskimoes, the African tribesmen, and even the ancient Germanic, Celtic, and other tribes.

You can trace remnants of this ancient animism in all organized religions. The tales of the Garden of Eden, the Tower of Babel, and every tale of the 'Golden Age' in every culture contains an account of our ancient animistic past.

Today, quantum physics is hinting towards a living universe, and there are those quantum physicists that interpret quantum physics in that way. The psychologist, Dr Stanislav Grof, has a very large collection of extensive case studies many of which provide surprising evidence of an animistic universe.

9. warmhandedcanadian

thank you for the information i will definitely look that up :)
    I like the feedback by all, thank you :)

10. pattymary

pattymary Member

try to find some books written by rudolf steiner the 19th century psychic, you have some of them about all the realms in nature and all the living spiritual forms that exist with it