Yes Guys, this is, sadly enough, a TRUE STORY

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by AshtonsMom, Jul 2, 2006.

1. PR3CIOU5

PR3CIOU5 lost

domestic violence never just "starts" after 10 years (or however long the common law marraige is in that state), not that i am in anyway downplaying the situation, or the integrity of either side, but personally, after all the domestic violence injuries and reports that i have seen, i think there has to be some hidden history involved.

2. AshtonsMom

AshtonsMom Banned

Let me explain something to you..:D. Common law marriage occurs after only ONE year of living together in this state, and NO nothing like that USUALLY does not just "start." But until you have been inside a relationship like that, you really have no place to judge. :D. And domestic violence can begin occuring at any moment. True, there are usually signs that signify that something with your partner isn't quite right, but there's an old saying: "Love is blind." And in cases like this, I believe that sometimes it truly can be. The only reason I am saying all this is because I have been in an abusive relationship before, and know how heart-rending it can be. I thought the same way you did until I got involved in the situation. It took living it and experiencing it to open my eyes. I did get out of it, and am stronger on this end of it too. :D And no, I am not trying to start any trouble, or be offensive in any way.

3. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

Why not? There are two things in this world that make me fall on the floor laughing.

Kevin Smith movies.
    Male laypersons who feel the need to lecture on domestic violence.