Yellow spot on peyote.

Discussion in 'Cacti Delecti' started by Mr.Toad, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Mr.Toad

Mr.Toad Member

My peyote has gotten a yellow spot (due to overwatering). I can't see any rot on the root or the button, so I guess it's ok.

My question is, will the yellow spot eventually fade and get the green color again?

[​IMG]

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

it will be fine.. back off watering for a while.

3. Mr.Toad

Mr.Toad Member

That was what I thought.

Thanks. :)

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

you might want to give it a little more light on that side.. but I think it will be fine. some light yellowing is due to help the tissue stretch, so it can get bigger.. but dont over water ... :)

5. Mr.Toad

Mr.Toad Member

Will do...

But if it was due to the cactus growing wouldn't the whole cactus be light green/yellow and not just a spot?

6. deleted

deleted Visitor

I would think it would be similar to san pedros. mine yellows and stretches. it dont get to yellow, just a lighter shade of green.. I back off watering and it darkens back up..

its not suppose to grow to fast. water does help them get bigger, but you cant force to much growth..

7. Omacatl

Omacatl Senior Member

When lophs yellow or red or any type of discoloration it stays for a while IME. I reckon as it grows bigger the yellowed portion will get pushed down the side to make way for the new growth emerging from the center of the button.

8. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Cacti are pretty tough to kill. You will be fine.