Yellow leaf

Discussion in 'Cannabis Pests and Problems' started by bratgirl, Jun 29, 2012.

1. bratgirl

bratgirl Member

I have plants 15 days old from germination {seed}, 3 + inches tall, have 2nd set of full leafs. All plants are under T5 lights and are covered with a plastic cover to maintain humidity. The seedlings are in rock wool cubes 2" by 3". Roots have gone through the bottom of the rock wool by 1/4" to as much as 3" but the roots have not become root bound. Some of the first complete leafs are turning yellow, so I have given all the plants fertilizer at 25% dilution. Do I need to transplant? Is it time to start air circulation? More light? I would be greatful for the help from the more expierenced growers. Thank you. Bratgirl

2. bratgirl

bratgirl Member

I had hoped for a little help from expierecnced growers here. So here is what I learned the hard way. Started with 15 plants, 10 dead from my lack knowledge, equals 5 plants still alive.
    Here is what I have learned and I hope it helps others. the seed
    " Kaboom " is an Indica strain and is a very strong little sucker to have survived my torture. After the seed spent too long in a much too small seedling pot and not moved soon enough to a permanent grow pot the plant suffered with wilted yellow dried leaves. So I transplanted the 5 Kaboom seedlings and in 3 weeks there is a full set of new leaves and the plant is greening up. I transplanted to Sunshine Mix #4 and fertilized with Peters 20/20/20 but at 1/2 tsp per gallon until plants are more stable. The lighting is T5, 4 tubes per set, at 16 on and 6 off and trying to hold temp. at 70 to 75 but some days that is a challenge.
    I am not saying buy Sunshine Mix #4 or Peters fertilizer, use what ever you like.

As I learn more I'll pass it along even if it seems like a small thing. A seed is a small thing and look at what can happen!!!!!!!!!!

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

well if its your first grow,, your going to learn from your mistakes. or you will not.
    t bulbs are ok for seedling and stuff. try not to over feed them
    the time is ok for saving energy and reducing heat. and its 18/6 .. Whats the plants doing for the 2hrs you are missing?? your math is off, me lady. 2 weeks old isnt very long. let them grown under those for a while longer before transplanting.

4. bratgirl

bratgirl Member

ORISON 319 You are as right as rain I lost two hours! There are far too many days when more than just a couple of hours go wondering off never to be seen again.
    I appreciate your help. It is obvious I'm a first time grower, well... the first time in the last thirty years.
    Thanks Bratgirl

5. bratgirl

bratgirl Member

As I said back on June 23rd," as I learn more I'll pass it on. " Sunshine Mix # 4 holds water very evenly and requires less monitoring, so I have less chance of over watering. It has also been a great seed starting medium for me.
    I have learned there are many conditions that may cause leaf yellowing. An excellent place for clear easy to follow help can be found at ogk-peace.org it gives a full color page of over/under fertilization of elements. Element overage and deficiency problems, as I have learned may destroy plants. I'll stick by my t-5 lighting. My T's are cheaper than other options and produce less heat. I have my lights set up on pulleys and small dia. ropes so I can adjust lighting heigth as I need.
    I learned that fungus knats are a real problem and a good non pesticidal way to treat is keep the top soil dry as possible and use the yellow sticky pads on sticks, at least it worked fine for me.
    Well so far that is what I have learned in a nut shell. Oh one more thing, I have learned that I get a lot of joy and satisfaction spending time working in the grow room watching how fast the plants can grow when many of the conditions come together. I can't wait to see what happens as I learn more!!!!!!
    Thanks for reading my post.
    Bratgirl

6. deleted

deleted Visitor

Awe.. welcome to hip forum.. :D

7. bratgirl

bratgirl Member

Well here it is Sept. the 8th, how time flies. I just finished my bloom room. 4x10 with insulated 2x4 walls linoleum floor and insulated ceiling. Also put in 600 watt bloom light an exhaust fan w/filter all on timers. I test started it up yesterday and all went fine.
    Spider mites have become a major problem amd I am treating both sides of the leaves and misting the soil. I'll treat every 2 weeks until I am happy with the results.
    I drenched the plant containers with water at 6ph until I had water coming out of
    the drain valves. I currently have 11 plants in the bloom room, they are, Blueberry og, Kaboom and God Bud.
    I tried my very first attempt at cloning. I picked the Blueberry og plant because
    it seemed the largest and most likely to be foregiving of my mistakes. Here is what I
    did. I picked clone stems that were about 1/8th of an inch in diameter from the lower
    parrt of the plant. I made sure there were at least 2 leaf nodes I could dip into
    " Clonex " { gel }. After cutting the clone stem with a sterile razor blade at a 45%
    angle I dipped the stem into the " Clonex " covering the two leaf nodes and immediately placed the clone into my per watered Sunshine mix #4 and firmly pressed
    the soil and clone in place. I set my babies in the house where they recieved only
    filtered light for 10 days. I placed the these babies in a planting tray with a clear
    6 inch high plastic cover to maintain moisture and I misted as I thought needed.
    On the 11th day the clones were placed in the grow room under T5 lights 6 inches from the lights and misted 2 times a day or more if needed, which was rarely.
    Today the clones are going to be transplanted into thier final grow bins, four plants into a 32 gallon container, which rests in another drainage container. This method seems to grow some large plants!!!!! I like big plants! My babies are 6 inches tall and were started in 4 inch plastic containers. At the very same time I started some seeds to test just how well which way works the best. Clones are most likely the best and I will always have females but it is growth and plant form that I have become interested in.
    Next, now that I am into the bloom stage can some one HELP me decide what I should be looking for in a bloom fertilizer? PLEASE and thank you, Bratgirl

8. hemp_prince

hemp_prince Guest

It might just depend on the type of seed and plant! Not all seeds will grow into full mature plants. Its basically like survival of the fittest in A way. Not every seed was born A winner if that makes A bit of sense! Hope this helps!

#1 Hemp Protein Powder