Yeah i never quit smoking - panic

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by Xac, Aug 19, 2006.

1. Xac

Xac Visitor

It seems like evey time i light up a smoke i have a panic attack and i smoke all day... i feel like shit and it's not stoping...

2. PsyGrunge

PsyGrunge Full Fractal Force

stop moaning and quit then. some people!

3. Xac

Xac Visitor

well you are right about the secound bit, but if i didnt moan here then i'd drive the people i love insane!

4. desert nightmare

desert nightmare Senior Member

That doesn't give you an excuse to keep smoking. If you came here for advice then your advice is to quit smoking. If you came here for attention the wtf?

5. pomunus

pomunus Member

Why do you continue to smoke? What good comes from it?

6. spooner

spooner is done.

He wanted to vent. It's not exactly criminal.

Never been addicted to anything, have you?

7. Balloonatic

Balloonatic Senior Member

quitting smoking is easier said than done

i feel ya, bro

the panic attacks though, thats kinda weird

8. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

It's not so weird. (the panic attacks)- I have had them from smoking at certain times in my life and have known other people that did too....

clear your mind and break. breathe.

9. cutelildeadbear

cutelildeadbear Hip Forums Gym Rat

Hmm.. I have tried to quit smoking probably about 15 or so times this past year alone. It isn't easy. If I were you, I'd try to find some sort of program to help you. Most states offer them. I know a lot of people who took Zyban and that helped them. It sounds like that could really help you with the panic attacks. Habits are hard to break no matter how bad you know something is for you. But you might have to think about completely changing your lifestyle at least for a little while to break the habit. I found it was a lot easier to quit smoking when I took up running and stopped drinking (LOL, the drinking bit didn't last long though, but then I just went to bars where you couldn't smoke, with people who didn't smoke and that solved that problem). Also, I stopped drinking coffee when I was trying to quit because I always like a cigarette with coffee. I switched to tea and didn't want one with tea.

Anyway, good luck. Vent if ya need to.

10. eagle feather

eagle feather Member

"Are you smoking more and enjoying it less, then switch to Marburo," which was stated over and over on TV adds in the early 60's. Not making light of the habit but it must be awful. Try a patch or smoking some harmless herb....Smoking could be caused by OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) which is a serious mental illness if is spreads to other areas of life...such as washing hands after touching door knobs, shopping carts, dirt....etc There are medicines for it.