yay I'm the first to post here! What are your plans for Litha?

Discussion in 'Paganism' started by cerridwen, May 11, 2004.

1. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

Merry meet and blessed be....

I can't wait until Litha... I know it's more than a month away, but I'm pretty psyched about this holiday because it'll officially be the first pagan holiday that my parents will join me in...

I'm trying to find some good summery recipes.... We'll likely do a barbeque, and I'll make some very herbatious salad.... I love pineapple, and since it's so yellow and summery, I want to find a good dessert recipe for it. Any suggestions?

2. ForestNymphe

ForestNymphe Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Merry Meet.

Here is a recipe for enchanted berries that might make for a good dessert for your Litha feast.

3 cups wild berries or fresh raspberries at room temp.
    1 tablespoon brown sugar
    1/4 cup brandy, cognac or dark rum
    Whipped cream for topping.

Place the berries in a flameproof dish or bowl and spinkle with brown sugar. Pour the brandy over the berries and cover for a moment or two. Uncover the dish and light the berries on fire with a match. When the fire is gone, add whipped cream as a topping and serve.

3. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

looks delectable.... thanks for posting! I've printed it up and I'll give it a try!

4. scrap_rat

scrap_rat Member

That does sound sensual and rich. I've got the Aphrodesia in honor of Aphrodie just a little ways past the solistice.

5. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I just wanted to write that I actually did try the recipe... It's totally delicious! I added a bit of mint from the garden, it's soooo good!

6. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

Sun's Up Cobbler

1-1lb 14oz can (3 1/2 cups) halved peaches
    3 slices slightly dry bread (toast on light)
    1 tbs. cornstarch
    1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
    1/4 tsp. salt
    1/3 cup sugar
    1 tbs. lemon juice
    1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
    1/4 cup butter or margarine
    1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
    Drain peaches, reserving 1 cup syrup. In a pan, combine cornstarch and salt and slowly blend in reserved syrup. Over med-high heat, cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat and cook and stir for 2minutes. Add lemon juice, butter or margarine and peaches. Heat JUST to bubbling. Pour into 10x6x11/2 inch baking dish.
    Cut bread lengthwise into 1 inch strips. Dip into 1/4 cup melted butter, then into mixture of sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Arrange over peaches. Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes or until toasty. Serve with cream (optional) Makes 6 servings.

Lunchtime Cranberry Sun Mold2 -3oz packages orange flavored gelatin
    2 7oz bottles ginger ale
    1 1lb can whole cranberry sauce
    2 oranges, peeled and sectioned
    1 83/4 oz crushed pineapple, undrained
    1 grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
    In saucepan, combine gelatin and cranberry sauce. Heat and stir until almost boiling. Stir in undrained crushed pineapple and ginger ale. Remove from heat and stir until fizzing has stopped. Pour into round mold. Chill until set. Unmold onto a serving dish with a layer of lettuce leaf bedding.
    Garnish with orange and grapefruit sections. Top with alternating orange and grapefruit sections in a "pinwheel" array. Serve as salad or dessert.

High-In-The-Sky Sunny Sandwiches

4 French rolls
    4 slices pressed ham
    Butter or margarine, softened
    4 slices salami
    Several lettuce leafs
    2 hard cooked eggs, sliced
    4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
    French salad dressing
    Split rolls lengthwise, cutting to but not through crust at back. Spread cut surfaces with butter or margarine. For each sandwich: Cover bottom half with a couple lettuce leafs, then slice cheese and cut lengthwise for julienne strips and add a few strips, fold slices of ham and salami and add. Place egg slices (3) atop folded meats. Drizzle approximately 1 tbs. of French salad dressing over each sandwich. Makes 4 servings.

Setting Sun Taco Salad

1 pound ground beef
    1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
    1 package dry taco mix
    1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
    3/4 cup water
    1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
    1 med head lettuce, shredded
    1 6oz package corn chips
    1 large tomato, halved and sliced
    1 small onion, sliced and rings separated
    In skillet, brown the ground beef. Sprinkle in the package of taco mix and stir in the water. Simmer uncovered for approximately 10 minutes. In a salad bowl, combine all the rest of the ingredients except the chips. Divide salad onto 4-6 plates, spoon meat mixture on top, and garnish with chips.

Bright Memories Parfait

1 23/4 oz package vanilla custard mix (no bake type)
    1/2 tsp. vanilla
    2 cups milk
    1 1lb 5oz can pineapple pie filling
    2 3oz packages cream cheese, softened
    In sauce pan prepare custard according to the package directions using the milk. Remove from heat. Gradually stir cheese into hot mixture, mixing well. Stir in vanilla. Chill custard mixture and pie filling separately until ready to serve. When ready to serve, spoon alternate layers of mixture and pie filling into parfait or juice glasses. Top with some type of berries if desired. Serves 6.

Warm Glow Applesauce

8 med apples, cored, pared, and cubed
    2 tbs. lemon juice
    1/4 cup sugar
    5 or 6 drops red food coloring
    1/4 cup water
    Put apples, sugar, water, lemon juice, and food coloring in blender; cover and blend until smooth. Heat in sauce pan on low to serve warm, or chill. Makes 4 1cup servings.

all recipes from http://www.wicca.com/celtic/akasha/lithatnrecip.htm