Yay !!! Bacon and sausages good for us once more !!!

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Vladimir Illich, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

2. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I’ve always considered myself a steak and potatoes man, and was raised to believe meat is a part of a good balanced diet.

However this study shouldn’t suddenly give license to over-do-it. Moderation in everything.

With that said i'll have me an egg mcmuffin for breakfast this morning. I make em' better than Mickey D's

[​IMG]

Eric! likes this.
  3. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

The whole problem with snacks and fast food is that it is so often eaten between meals and is therefore additional to our normal food intake.
    The real enemy is sugar, which absorbs directly into the blood and any excess converts into body fat.
    Fats need to convert firstly into sugars and only then will the body be able to reconvert them back into fats. This is a slow process, so with a healthy person, the sugars burn up as they are produced.
    With bacon, salt can become a slight problem, since the body requires the correct balance of sodium, potassium and calcium for correct heart arrhythmia

In a nutshell, eating the correct amount of food and avoiding sugar laden soft drinks is the key to a healthy body. Drinks sweetened with corn syrup are a real problem. Although corn syrup is closely associated with type 2 diabetes, doctors lack the conclusive proof needed to get it banned.

Enough exercise to balance it all up is vital. But walking to work and using the stairs rather than the elevator is every bit as beneficial as a visit to the gym and saves a lot of money.
    A few weeks ago, a friend of ours was in a panic, because his wife had taken the car and he needed to get to the gym. He could not understand why I burst out laughing, since I walk past the gym on my way to the station every day.

Mysteron and Eric! like this.
  4. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

When it comes to bacon never would have listened anyway

Eric! likes this.
  5. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Me neither !!!

6. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

What do vegans have to do with it?
    I don't think the studies showing red meat consumption linked to bowel cancer were carried out by vegans.
    You can eat meat and still know about moderation (as hotwater demonstrates in this thread)
    But as usual you feel the need to create a black and white, one side vs the other situation.

I'm not saying it was, but considering this study disagrees with others, and has been criticized, I'd want to know who funded it etc.

Mysteron likes this.
  7. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

Moderation is the key word.

A burger from a well known burger outlet will do you no harm if eaten say once a week . Eaten everyday instead of all meals it could eventually do you harm .

Asmodean likes this.