yard sale day!

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by AmericanTerrorist, Jun 15, 2013.

1. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

I probably should have sold stuff. Need to get rid of some things soon. Still have baby stuff and he's gonna be 2 and a half soon. And coulda made a little money along w the space.

2. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Sometimes I also like when you're just driving somewhere, on the way home from the beach for example and you just see a random yard sale on the way that looks really awesome and you find good stuff you were expecting.

3. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

I like to go to yard sales but having a yard sale is a lot of work. It is just too much time and energy for the amount you might make.

4. acuarela

acuarela Member

People don't have to 'pay here to do a yard sale. That's crazy.

5. weeattoes

weeattoes what will be, will be

Thats why you get good yard sales.

My boyfriend and his family used to get all kinds of free stuff off of our craigslist and buy things really really cheap at auctions and resale them and make a lot of money.

6. deleted

deleted Visitor

yard of beer..

7. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Yea, in this town and all the ones around it I think you have to get a permit and I heard it was 30 or 40 but I never got one. I also don't know if they check yard sales for them or not... I heard they do sometimes but never known it to happen to anyone. I just see it as any time you are dealing w money they need to be involved.

Idk, where you guys live do you have to pay taxes...separate taxes... every year -send them into a local tax collector for the school district- even if you rent and do not have children? That has always pissed me off here. It wasn't like that in the county I lived in before moving here.