yard sale day!

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by AmericanTerrorist, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Yesterday and today is yard sale day here where you don't pay anything to set up a yard sale and there's a whole bunch of them you can walk to. I sometimes set up at my mom's and sell stuff (and this year we certainly have enough baby stuff we could have sold!) but this year I didn't feel like it. Next year.
    Anyway, went out today and got a bunch of stuff (paid 10 dollars total) for Cason... a bike helmet, books, an elmo cell phone toy, pj's, fire hat, toy lap top that does abc's, etc., a little people bus and car park things that the cars travel down in spirals thru a parking garage, 2 huge trucks that make noise, ....think that's it- no also a basket ball net to put outside.. one of those plastic ones w a base... but anyways,yea,i love yard sales when you can find something you want and there's always lots of toddler stuff out.

2. How much for a yard, say 500m2?

3. It would depend on where the yard is.

4. Let's say New England.

5. I don't know. Don't have any for sale there.

6. Texas?

7. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

north pole?

8. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

It's free to hold yard sales here. :)

9. Cool, I always wanted to buy a yard in Texas.

10. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

You mean to tell me that people have to pay to have a yard sale? WTF?

What about a garage sale? Do they charge for that too?

Do they have people who go around making sure no one is selling their stuff without a permit?

11. It's either 30 or $40.

Ridiculous, huh?

12. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

Sofa king we ta did

13. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

Yard sales are a lot of fun to hunt through. You can find some really great stuff for a bargain, especially kids toys and such.

Sounds like you got a good haul. :)

14. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

Hell, with the amount of abandoned houses around here, you can have your pick of yards.

15. matone

matone Guest

My roommates had a yard sale today...some family came over to sell there stuff.They said it made a 100$..bucks. I think there closing down early it's 97 degrees here.

16. Lodog

Lodog ¿

I'm thinking about setting up a yard sale tomorrow. I've gotta get rid of some old junk so I can make room for new junk. ahhh How I love the viscous cycle of consumerism.

17. weeattoes

weeattoes what will be, will be

I love going to yard sales! We find all kinds of stuff.
    I can't believe you have to pay to have a yard sake... what the fuck?
    Somewhere around here if you live in a HOA area you are supposed to get permission or they will fine you or if you have too many yard sales they will fine you.

They fine you for everything anyway.

We always find tons of clothes for sometimes 25 cents and 50 cents a piece. Their dresser drawers stay full and its also great for gaining grow into clothes for the next year and stuff. The other day my boyfriend found some 70 dollar work pants for 3 dollars!

18. Yeah, yard sales are awesome... for finding certain things you are looking for but also for sometimes finding a random item you're not expecting that kicks ass.

19. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I haven't been to one in a while but I used to go every Friday and Saturday with my best friend. We'd be gone for hours every weekend and come home with some really cool stuff.

20. weeattoes

weeattoes what will be, will be

Going to yard sales is always a days event its so much fun!