Yadda Yadda Chatta

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by rollingalong, Feb 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I feel like I just had to walk through fire and over broken glass to talk to a PERSON at AT&T. WTH is that about?!?

I went online, hoping to utilize the AT&T chat that is supposed to be available. (Supposed to be available are key words here.) I felt like a real live person would be on the other end of a "chat" discussion...well whatever it takes to get the chat thing to work I do NOT have it. smh THEN I searched until I found a number that would have a PERSON at the end...they transferred me to another person, who transferred me to another person. FGS I can/could explain the flippin problem in 2 sentences...but NOT TO A COMPUTER.

good grief

But anyway - they are scheduled to come here Friday anytime between 8am and 6pm. lol yeah that's right.

In the meantime the phone is working - well mostly working. One of the people I talked to said an animal could have chewed on the line. I for damn sure hope not. Does that mean they get to tear out the walls? :O Since we have had a landline forever we have always carried the in-house maintenance on the line.

Lord have mercy I still and yet have no interest in not having a land line and going totally to a cell or smart phone. Also as long as The Mother lives (forever) we will always need this landline...and that is one (single) thing I plan to maintain if she doesn't bury me.

rollingalong and Asmodean like this.
  2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

On top of all that nothing has been done yet about the emoji shortage either!

Really hope they leave your walls in one piece, Lynn. I would say fuck that landline lol

Lynnbrown likes this.
  3. Mother's Love

Mother's Love Generalist

aaaaannddd we have kittens. hubby just couldnt choose between them, so he brought them both home. they are super cute, and one is very chill and the other is very feisty. they are floofy sharps.
    and facebook reminded me that its been three years since we lost our orange tabby cat. its a good day to have new kitties, we really miss our old cat.

GLENGLEN and Lynnbrown like this.
  4. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

phone company wont touch inside lines here

if you have a problem you call them and they come check it at the outside junction...if it works there they charge a service call and you have to hire someone to fix your lines...

if they come out and check the box and theres a problem between them and that box they fix it for free

i dont call before checking it at the box myself...i have a phone with alligator clips and i do a voltage test to make sure its their fault

5. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I would almost rather set myself on fire than have them come inside and start fooling with lines here. BUT we won't have to pay anything...and I definitely 100% want this landline to work. That's all there is to it.

I've had to call them before and no matter what they always fool around outside at the box and then walk around finding the line in the ground with some kind of contraption. They have been able to tell the line in the ground was somehow messed up. It was Charter's fault then. lol

This seems different.

6. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

the newer neighbourhoods here put everything underground...our phone is all wires on the poles...

only thing underground here is water ,sewer and natural gas lines

7. deleted

deleted Visitor

8. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

bought 2 coffees today and won a coffee on both

9. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

lasagna from scratch topped with eggplant parm from scratch

:)ready in an hourish

Mother's Love likes this.
  10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Good to see the #24 car back on track with the flames but Geeze what a boring day of racing. Qualifying was boring, race was extra boring.

11. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

store bought lasagna with extra store bought local cheese

rollingalong likes this.
  12. deleted

deleted Visitor

pizza is about the only thing i do with the red sauce.

rollingalong likes this.
  13. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

louis andeson is playing Kingston tonight....he doesn't look like cartoon louis any more

14. deleted

deleted Visitor

dang , I thought he died.

rollingalong likes this.
  15. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

16. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

]the wedding story.....
    that poor girl will never forgive me...or her family.......it has a huge England connection....huge

i will tell the story in a few posts...ive told it on hip before

..........we all hung out through high school and into our twenties...half a dozen girls all friends with us various boyfriends....one of the girls, Brenda, went to England one summer after high school...there she met her first cousin- for the first time......they fell in love and came back to Canada.....wedding date set

so to set this up you must understand only one family was at the wedding because she married her uncles kid...it was one last name at the reception

and us....a table of 8 stoner friends she grew up with including my wife. her sister and my brother in law...the 4 of us did everything together...i was very close with my bro in law....

and we were drinking :).....................tbc
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    .some back ground...my brother in law, wayne, was a local drug dealer ut higher up than e...i bought much dope from him....hr ws a trouble maker....could drink for days....coke, pills,,anything....one of his faves was novahistex dh...a prescription cough syrup...he is now dead....riddled with cancer.......we were close...together all the time...concerts together etc....one time he made it to a concert in Toronto in 8 minutes in his delta 88 on a highway that normally yook 20 minutes....we flew

so the wedding reception was in the basement of a fancy steakhouse on a 4 lane main road through our town......we were drinking and partying and my brother in law starts up with the ''kissing cousins'' cracks at our table.....i guess someone heard because about 10 pm we were getting ready to leave...plastered but our wives weren't drunk..

the girls tell us they are heading upstairs to pull our car around the front door and we should make our way up there and meet them....they leave....we finish our drinks and head upstairs...unbeknownst to us half a dozen cousins are following us upstairs one of whom will become significant soon lol

so i trip halfway up the stairs and the guys following us start to laugh...that's when we saw we were being followed by this unruly and drunken mob....my brother in llaw says something like ''whats so funny asshole'' or words to that effect...by this time we are at the top of the stares and these guys are surrounding us....we manage to get out the doors where there was cars all parked close to the doors that you had to walk inbetween to get to the driveway

inbetween these cars these guys start really getting in our face but no punches or anything yet...... we are standing beside a 72 Camaro...canary yello...very shiny...obvious show car and someones pride and joy..

all of sudden one dude says ''hey guys can we get away from my car''?

and my brother in law says ''what?..this car?'' and he points to the Camaro

buddy says ''yes that's my car''

before anyone could blink my brother in law........tbc

.....................................................................................................................................................................

my brother in law kicks the side view mirror clean off the car....all of us watched as the side view mirror spiralled up into the air .....seemed like it was moving in slow motion as it peaked and came back down squarely on the hood of the car making a good sized dent before it bounced into the parking lot

before i knew what was happening a couple guys tackle wayne and they spill out into the parking lot where i lose sight of them.....
    someone grabs me from behind pinning my arms while another guy...the biggest guy..hits me......i don't know what to do so like in the movies....and i tell you people it really was like the movies.... i kick him square in the nuts as hard as i could.....well i guess he was a tough mother fucker because he did not even blink...he just smiled at me and said in the thickest brogue i ever heard ''ya picked the wrrrrrong guy to kick there laddy''....and he commenced a pummelling...

i'm now on the ground and someone..never found out who...tears buddy off me and gets in between us as he hauls me to me to my feet........
    as all this i happening, our wives, remember our wives?...they now come around the corner in my wife's cougar and pull up close to the melee...old cougar...big tank with a 351 Cleveland..
    so the girls jump up and since wayne is brawling they both run to that fight and leave the drivers door of the car wide open....buddy who had separated me from being killed is still trying to stop them from getting me and is kind of blocking them back between the cars as he then pushes me into the drivers seat and slams the door...he yells ''get the fuck out of here'' as i lock the door.....but at the same time one of these angry cousins yells '' ''the other side'' and runs around the front of the car

but....i had already floored the gas pedal by then only the tires hadnt caught traction....but they did catch traction...they caught perfectly for me to hit buddy square with the center of the front of my car......

i watch as he hits the window and disappears from sight as i am speeding away but he came back into sight a second later only this time it was in my rear view mirror as he fell back to earth and hit the ground like a big sack of shit.....

continuation....the steakhouse where the reception was being held was directly across the street from a burger place truck stop with a big lot for semi's to pull in....i accelerated straight across the 4 lanes of traffic into the gravel parking lot across the street and do a donut and come to stop facing where i had just come from.....all i saw was a shit load of angry cousins running across the road towards me

well this was one of those times i had to make a split second decision....stay and maybe be killed but i wouldn't be abandoning my wife and friends...or flee drunk....so i fled....sped right out of that parking lot and headed south to my house...didn't know what else to do.....

the route to my house was 5 kilometres straight south on the same road and a short left to my town house.....i get about a kilometer when the red lights...lots of them...passed me going the other way.....i remember thinking oh well this is it i'm fucked now....fully expecting some of them to u turn and grab me up...but they kept going and so did i....

i get home in a panic and phoned my dad....mom and dad lived about 3 kilometers down the road....i get over to their house and immediately pass out......my dad calls marvin the lawyer and he calls the popo and makes up some story about how i need first aid from being beaten so badly...i didn't......and we will come as soon as i am released from the hospital

and they bought it.....next morning i turn myself in....i find out when i hit the guy he had just gotten out of the hospital for hip surgery...got out early to go to the wedding....and i undid all the surgery and he had to have it done over......the brawl had stopped as soon as buddy hit the ground because everyone thought he was dead...he was out cold

i don't remember what charges my brother in law got but i was charged with all kinds of accident related stuff.....leaving the scene etc but the big charge was aggravated assault with a deadly weapon to whit an automobile

tomorrow....the trial :)
    ......................................................................................................................................................
    which brings me back to marvin my lawyer...him and my dad went to college together and were good friends back then......they stayed in touch and when ever one of us got in trouble dad called marvin

he managed to delay the trial for a year or so hoping memories fade etc until finally we had to go to trial...my brother in law figured he was absolutely innocent and did not bother spending anything to hire a lawyer ...we had trials on the same day but separate.....

we are milling around the court and these same cousins are there, including this big irish monster whom i kicked, girlfriend of the original Camaro owner was there and so was the Camaro guy himself....those 3 were the prosecution witnesses

so the big irish cop is the first up and he tells a grand tale of how we were belligerent in the wedding and how i had assaulted him in the testicles etc etc.....turns out the big irish monster was also a big irish cop...from Ireland...this fat prick flew back to Canada at his own expense to testify against me

or as the prosecution put it, ''great financial burden and incredible personal sacrifice''...or some bullshit like that..they entered his exemplary record as a constable in Dublin so some fuckin irish city...made him look like he was the hero of the night

then my lawyer gets up and starts grilling this cop about procedure....''what did you say to the defendant'' etc and really making him look like a dope...turns put he was the one who yelled ''get'm,the othe side'' at the car and my lawyer says ''let me guess this straight ''you,a police officer for over ten years with commendations and an exemplary record and all you can think to yell is ''get'm''?...''don't you think that woyld frighten someone to hear a 6 foot 4 275 pound man yelling ''get'm''....and the big dope agreed lol....my lawyer got him to admit how many beers he had...which was like 10...he said he could drink more without being impaired....he didn't know Canadian beer had a high alcohol content and the judge totally thought he was a drunken liar......

to be continues

th

Lynnbrown, Orison and morrow like this.
  17. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

That's sexist and I'm all offended and stuff. And I can eat hotter food than you can.

18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I just heard about this internet here, we get slow internet where I live which is why I'm always wireless but a company is setting up dishes on houses with dedicated tower on our hills, the speeds are up to 4x faster with it. I'm going to look into it. :)

19. deleted

deleted Visitor

this stupid cop says hes going to walmart next to get cbd off the shelves.

20. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i think its legal here if from hemp but not from cannabis

rollingalong likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.