xylene

Discussion in 'Cacti Delecti' started by scar, Oct 4, 2007.

1. scar

scar Member

I am currently using two mesc. extraction techiniques that I learned on this forum, and I think there may be a trace on xylene in the final product. Any danger in this? Is the trace amount of xylene harmless after evaporation? Thanks in advance.

2. C123-473

C123-473 Member

Xylol should evaporate cleanly.
    Sunlight helps to break it down.

I think the main issue with getting xylol into the final aqueous stage is that fats might make it into the evaporation dish.

3. ancient powers

ancient powers Member

you know what man it tastes like shit. i've tried it. how do you think your extraction came out. let me know. i used to much heat evaporating all my liquids and got other alkaloids that kept me up all night. hopefully you used peruvian or stronger than pachanoi.

4. kidsmoke

kidsmoke Member

Dude xylene is super volatile. Let your product sit for a while and it's sure to pass.

5. st3wy

st3wy Member

First of all. i would'nt extract. Second of all you should not have used any heat at all. you want the slowest evaportion possible yielding more crystals if you know what your doing.

6. name_mike

name_mike Member

true, mine took 2 weeks to evapourate fully

7. polymer

polymer Senior Member

run a fan over it. if it's still wet when you think it should be dry, it's not xylene...it's water.

8. guest 93006

guest 93006 Visitor

Xylene (and Toluene for that matter) will evaporate fully. You sometimes have to worry about impurities from the manufacturing process being left behind. To make sure you are using clean solvent, dry a small amount on a clean surface and make sure there is no residue left over.

Not more crystals, just bigger. This is purely an aesthetic preference. You will get the same amount of material regardless of how quickly it is dried. I dry mine as quickly as possible, as I am not to worried about how large my crystals are.

9. ancient powers

ancient powers Member

You know what I posted some teks on the forum myself that in the end went bad and were pure theory. I member recently pasted a recipe that he had around for years. After all my failed attempts and learning the process carefully this post is by far the best. The xylene odor after taste never came out of the shit I made and when i took it nothing serious except and alful after taste and psy effect devoid of the mescaline experience. Use this tek on any future extractions.

Easy Three-Step Mescaline Citrate

Materials needed:

1) Peruvian torch or San Pedro cactus powder
    2) Lye (use gloves and ventilation)
    3) Xylene (use gloves and ventilation)
    4) Glass gallon jug with lid or stopper
    5) Glass funnel
    6) Glass jars
    7) Citric acid
    8) Long dropper pipette
    9) Glass turkey baster
    10) Measuring cup and teaspoon
    11) Square Pyrex dish and fan for evaporation

Step 1 - Extraction: (Base / Non-Polar)

Mix 1-cup lye into 2 quarts cold water, stirring constantly. Pour into jug. Caution HOT!

Add 100+ grams (~1/2+ cup) powdered cactus to the jug. Mix well.

Add enough water to the jug to make almost three quarts. Mix well.

Add 1 quart xylene to the jug. Shake and roll to mix well.

Mix occasionally over the next 24+ hours as the lye breaks down the cactus.

Allow enough time for separation into layers before proceeding to the next step.

Step 2 - Salt: (Acid / Polar)

Prepare acidic solution by diluting ¾ teaspoon citric acid into ½ cup distilled water.

Collect top xylene layer from the jug using the baster, putting the xylene into a new jar.

Add approximately one-fifth of the prepared acidic water to the xylene jar.

Put the lid on the xylene jar and shake it up a few times. Wait a couple minutes to settle.

Collect bottom water layer using a long dropper.

Return xylene to the cactus solution and mix for another 24 hours.

(Add one tablespoon of lye to the jug after the second extraction.)

Complete 5 extractions over 5 days to use all of the water.

Step 3 - Evaporation:

Pour the collected water into a flat-bottomed glass dish under a fan in a low humidity/mild temp environment.

After a few days, scrape the residue from the dish and powder using a razor blade. The powder will continue to dry over the next few days.

Makes 3-10 doses depending on potency of cactus and dosage desired.