[XBOX] Everything you need to know about Kinect 2.0

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Dude111, May 25, 2013.

1. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

2. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

All I can say is please boycott this piece of crap (Xbox ONE). This kind of outrageous DRM policy could only appeal to the most brain dead of all mindless consumer whores. Consumers have the power, anyone buying into this BS system should be ridiculed to the end of time. Subscriptions and single use licences are for TOOLS and ZOMBIES. Mindless brand loyalty is for FOOLS. Tell MS to shove the "ONE" up their @$$ and let that ugly bastard ROT on the shelves! Turn your backs on MS as fast as they turned their back on the ORIGINAL Xbox 1.

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

It's not the brand Microsoft that kept me to the Xbox, it was the controller. It feels so good and so natural and every other system failed hard with their controllers. The PS3 controller is so cheap I packed it away and stopped playing it and now just use it as a blu ray player. The charging cord was a mere 1meter if that making playing games on a 50"'while charging to be quite painful on the eyes.

4. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

8 & 16 bit consoles don't do that kind of shit to you. They're still fun.

Those crafty bastards, calling the xbox 3 the xbox 1.....

Think, in a world where you can trust people and companies, why would you NOT want it like that, always on and super smart? They're designing it for people who are not worried about that kind of thing, and spend all day telling the world exactly what they're doing and thinking on facebook and twitter, anyway. They have no more information to lose.

Besides, the future looks like it will be more like a combination of 1984, and feed. if you have not read feed, you should. It's like an updated 1984.

The government uses 1984 as a model, with old fashioned brutality and spying. The corporations use feed, with feeds.

5. Dude111

Indeed in my opinion THEY ARE THE BEST!!

6. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Funny thing about Xbox ONE, it looks like a VCR from 1984.

7. Dude111

But its MUCH MORE INTRUSIVE than a vcr!

8. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-1lfv7XDK0"]XBOX ONE IS A RIP OFF!!! - YouTube

Great points! I agree 100% Anyone who "buys" this BS system and games better realize they're not buying ANYTHING but the right to play from a temporary finite server access.

You can take an Atari or NES out of the closet, pop in a game and start playing. 30 years from now do you have faith that MS will have activation servers left in place to fire up a game on an old account? Good luck with that, the internal firmware flash only has a 10 year data retention expectancy.

This isn't activation from a simple server rack in some MS building. The Xbox ONE will rely on over 300 thousand internet servers for live accounts and game activations. Without this huge controlling corporate infrastructure, the console is a useless brick.

4:13 "and if you're getting hyped for this console... if you're going to buy this system, I just want to let you know that right now you are everything that is wrong with gaming simply because you're telling these corporations that it's OK to do so. I'm not going to buy this system because I don't support customer abuse."

9. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Haaa.... you can take an NES out of the closet, and spend two hours fixing the blown DRM chip (yes, it actually did have DRM) and cleaning the contacts and all the cartridge contacts, and still have to very delicately wiggle the cartridge into the exact right place (sticking half way out) and then, it will play..... after five resets.

But, point taken. I won't "buy" games that I can't perminantly download. (Are you saying you can't download content with this shitbrick, and its all "in the cloud?" because FUCK that)

10. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Everything you download or install on this shitbrick needs to be authenticated/activated through the xbox live server. Some games will however be cloud streamed. Games disks essentially do no come attached to a play license. They are assigned a single use licence for one system. They are worthless without server activation, you must have an account. Second hand shops like Game Stop will actually have to buy a new license for each game disk they want to sell. The end result is used games will be much more expensive and MS makes more revenue. The physical game disk is essentially worthless, it's just a faster way to install a game than downloading 20 Gigs from the online store. Either way you slice it, you need an online account to play and pay pay pay, subscribe subscribe, they love that subscription money. Why give free accounts when fucking idiots will gladly pay for them? Fools!!!

11. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Who do they think will buy that shit?

There's already a great subscription type service, that takes care of your shit and lets you download it, and that has been around a long time, and will be around a lot longer: steam.

Unfortionatly, they're probably right, and everyone will buy this shit.

12. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Yeah, you can also get a $40 android TV box and play xbox games through a streaming service called onlive.

I have no interest in these services myself. I mostly play old emulators or angry birds on my android. I actually have a NES emulator, running on a PSX emulator, running on my android, hooked up to an xbox 360 controller... and NES Pac Man runs faster than on an actual NES!

13. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

[​IMG]

He forgot the word WHORE. with Xbone, you're a consumer WHORE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA"]Official PlayStation Used Game Instructional Video - YouTube

14. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

So Xbox retracted their online DRM policy. Game disks will run without online connection and be traded as always. They had to do this, Sony was in a position to completly destroy the Xbone. Xbox has created a lot of animosity and bad publicity over the past weeks, we'll se if this move helps them recover.

15. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

That's interesting, good update :)

16. yahoohippegm

yahoohippegm Member

I won't be buying either new system until Fall 2014. Most of the games that are releasing for the new consoles are also coming to current consoles.

:2thumbsup: