Xanax

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by TrippinBTM, Jan 9, 2005.

1. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

I have a friend who's been snorting xanax for a while, mostly occasionally at first, then more regularly a few months ago, and every day more recently. She quit last thursday and is having a hard time with withdrawal. She heard that it can last from 6 months to a year, the withdrawal symptoms, and I was wondering if this was true, and if anyone has any info I can give her to help her out; you know, ways of making it easier and stuff. Thanks for the help.

2. PhotoGra1

PhotoGra1 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Xanax withdrawal sucks, but is relatively short. She should be back to herself, for the most part, in two weeks.

Be careful with Xanax, very very addictive.

Abrupt withdrawal of high doses may cause seizures. She should probably see a doc.

3. guitarslinger

guitarslinger Schwa

yeah i used to fuck around with it still would if i wanted to, yeah its not all that bad gettin off it, it will stop before to long

4. Xac

Xac Visitor

i started using Xanax (medically) how bad are the withdrawal symptoms?

5. PhotoGra1

PhotoGra1 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

What dose are you on? (what strength, how many times a day)

How long have you been on it?

Do you take it as prescribed?

6. sacrament32

sacrament32 Member

i found some xanax in a cabinet what are teh recomended doses is it highly addictive whats withdrawal like if anyone can answer these plz do

ty

7. annabegins

annabegins Member

i used to be prescribed xanax, the lowest dose. and i ended up addicted, and the withdrawals lasted about 4 months. its really hard, but i basically just moved into my parents house and slept ALOT.theres not much you can do, i dont think. sorry. :(

8. annabegins

annabegins Member

some symptoms of withdrawal:

abnormal skin sensations, blurred vision, decreased appetite, diarrhea, distorted sense of smell, heightened senses, muscle cramps or twitching, problems concentrating, weight loss, seizures. loss of time, encourage suicidal thoughts or episodes of euphoria known as mania. increased sleep, or insomnia, horrible headaches that DONT go away, depression, horrible panic attacks.

i would have such bad panic attacks, that i would be delusional and have flashbacks.

9. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

A couple of weekends ago I recieved 90 xanax bars(2mg) from an internet pharmacy. I intended to eat two or three of them and sell the rest of them to pay for court fines. But I ended up taking all of them in two days, because after I take some I just always want to take one more. After a while I forgot how many I'd taken and kept on eating more and more of them until they were gone. I don't remember shit but I'm sure I had fun.

10. WhisperingWoods

WhisperingWoods too far gone

I just took 6 xanax pills, 1.5mg worth. Don't feel so much yet.

11. WhisperingWoods

WhisperingWoods too far gone

Now I feel drunk as shit.

12. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

xanax sucks! i had a freind who owned a travel agency & was a millionaire..untill he messed with xanax

now hes on the streets
    dont mess with that shit..its very addictive

13. annabegins

annabegins Member

i ended up losing my house and my job on xanax, and it was PRESCRIBED.

14. peacelovebarefeet

peacelovebarefeet BuRniN oNe...

xanax doesnt do anything for me... and i dont know why. its like my body doesnt react to it.

15. oOflyeyesOo

oOflyeyesOo Member

I am currently trying to get xanax prescribed to me for my panic and anxiety disorder. And I have been taking it on and off for a while, its a pretty evil and addictive drug.

16. seancourt

seancourt Free Your Mind

you always gotta be careful with pharmies, very addicting and terrible withdrawal, know so many people who had to go through that, be careful with them

17. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

i only tried it once myself..& i walked aimlessly, 45 miles from town..in a t-shirt in january..& didnt even realize i had frostbite till it wore off..i had no idea where i was going or why..i was like a zombie..

18. Xac

Xac Visitor

weird, i guess everyone is different, it causes stomach cramps for me but thats more while i am on it, the "withdrawal" for me lasts about 3 days and is mainly insomnia.

19. deadonceagain

deadonceagain mankind is a plague

20. annabegins

annabegins Member

i prefer kolonopin for anxiety, thats what i switched to a year n a half ago. have you tried that? its withdrawal symptoms are less harsh, and it works for me. i have the same disorder. what else do you take with it?