Xanax

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by Climbing Arms of Ivy, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Climbing Arms of Ivy

Climbing Arms of Ivy Senior Member

I started taking muscle relaxers for my back and a few other things. Well I get a buzz off of them and they make me extremely takative, happy and extroverted.. So I started taking them as an anti-depressant because I have problems that bother me that I can't do anything about, and they let me get excited about things because before I took them and after I started taking them when I'm not on them I feel "blah", (no interest in anything much and being burnt out from everything). They also help with anxiety. So when I'm not on them I feel agitated, and have aniexty (which I had before I took them) but it's worse since I started taking them and stopping them. So one of my doctors gave me a prescription for Xanax (which is just what I wanted) to help with depression, anxiety and agitation. I don't want to take anti-depressants because I have taken them before and they SUCK. I had heard that Xanax helps with anxiety and helps you feel really content but all they do for me is make me sleepy or just feel crappy (sort of like a hangover). A few times they made me nice and mellow but not the last few times I have taken them. So I other words I thought Xanax was supposed to be "good shit", but I haven't had any benefit from them. So has anyone else taken Xanax and how has it effected you?

2. lynsey

lynsey Banned

they make you feel tired if you don't really need to take one and if you take too many. I was addicted to them and had to stop taking them for a couple of weeks and suffered really bad withdrawl so be careful. I would feel really sleepy and out of it and do the weirdest things-like go to the tanning salon at 1 in the morning or go in the middle of the night and eat breakfast by myself...or go to the gym at like 4am just weird shit.

3. Xac

Xac Visitor

Yeah i agree the withdrawals are pretty bad and in my personal (and completely non-professional) opinion Xanax should not be used as a daily medication but only now and then.

4. lynsey

lynsey Banned

I use it as a sleeping aide as because I have anxiety induced insomnia so I can take all the lunesta in the world and still be up all night. So I do take it nightly but not at all during the day and it works great. I am just not allowed to take it in the ay because when I was addicted I had like 5 different doctors I would get it from and 3 pharmacies and I would take like 10+ .5 mg pills a day it was really crazy. I had a horrible ativan addiction too I had one night on it where I took a couple pills every couple hours and later that night I was making out with this guy in a hotel room and I didn't remember how I got there. I kinda snapped and he said I had 5 vodka tonics (which I never drink) and kept popping pills the hwole evening and sure enough I looked at my bottle and it was empty. So I have to leave all my medications at home because I unintentionally take too many if I have them with me. it's very strange I don't know why I have such horrible memory problems.

5. Xac

Xac Visitor

Lynsey i often have a hard time remember what i did the night before on Xanax, it usually goes something like "what the hell these pills arent working tonight" followed by "what the hell did i do last night?"

Wow 10+ 0.5 Mg's is heaps, i thought my 4 (0.5) pills a night was a problem, im glad to hear you have it undercontrol now lynsey!

6. lynsey

lynsey Banned

it's the evilest drug in the world I have been having the worse withdrawls. I'm hyper and self-concious and think everyone is judging me. I can't sit down to study unless I do something super strenous to the point of exhaustion. It's horrible. But I've been benzo free for a week now so I'm almost there.

7. fritz

fritz Heathen

I used to use xanax for anxiety, but I quit because of it's side effects. Definetly not helpful for your memory. I know what you folks mean.

Hey, hang in there lynsey!

8. Gh0sTiNnyc

Gh0sTiNnyc Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

share some...

9. lynsey

lynsey Banned

yay this is the first morning I woke up not craving it! :) It seems as long as I physically exhaust myself I don't get really anxious wanting it. I wonder how long I have to do this for as I'm getting sore ): ?