Wyoming '08 National

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by Rainbowtoke, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Rainbowtoke

Rainbowtoke Member

No drama this year folks, maybe thats why there are no postings on the subject yet. Looks like its beautiful Wyoming! So who all is planning to go? Any stories or memories from the past 2 Wyoming nationals? Id like to go for spring scout but I may not make that. Hope to see a lot of family this year. Peace!

2. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

there have been some postings on other forums concerning communications between USFS, The Dept of Agri, & folks who are interested in that aspect of Rainbow. A conference call is set up for early March.

Last WY Gathering was dry...really dry...but a great Gathering. There's video footage of the fire Fam fought at WY'94, but off-hand I don't have a link for it

3. CloudFlower

CloudFlower Member

I went to thanksgiving council meeting in Montana and have been pumped up and ready for it ever since. 'Bout time we had a national in the rockies. Hope to see everyone there!

4. wendylady

wendylady Member

Didn't we just have a Natl. in the Rockies? CO '06? It was beautiful, and I had a hard time leaving.

I was in WY for the fires in '94, also. It was actually my first Natl., so this year will be a special homecoming for me, if I manage to get us there. I'm working on figuring out the gas situation even now, but it's going to be tight however it works.

I've been checking out Google Earth lately, looking for possible meadows with access, treeline camping, water, relatively low altitude (for WY, anyway), and so far (from space, at least), the general area of the '94 gathering seems to have more of the site criteria than most other WY regions. But... since I won't be able to make it to Scouting I guess ultimately it will be left up to others to make those decisions. I wish them sunny skies and clear roads!

Blessings,
    WendyLady

5. Bumble

Bumble Senior Member

I'm going to try my hardest to make it out there. The CO gathering in 2006 in the rockies was AMAZING!!! I fell in love with the rockies.

6. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

Hello Sweet WendyLady! So glad to see you here on HipForums!! You might be able to ride share to help with the gas, should be quite a few southern-based folks passing thru your neck of the woods.

7. Rainbowtoke

Rainbowtoke Member

This will be my first national gathering. I went to the cali regional last year in mendo and that was a wonderful time. I wanted to go to ark last year but didnt at the last minute. I am interested in the scouting aspect and have found the Scroll site that has good up to date info with dates for scouting and counsils . Ive heard of agr but it seems to have quit the crew there and lots of rumors. I found the video on the 94 gathering in Wyoming and was impressed, very nice site. Anyhow, I just wanted to get everyones juices flowing as the snow is still very deep here and I cant wait for spring and Im sure some are feeling the same way. Loving you all! Peace.

8. Skoolie7

Skoolie7 Member

I would love to scout but will be in West Virginia at the same time. Am planning on leaving West Virginia (near Logan) for Wyoming and sure would like to have others join me along for the journey. I have a 40' Schoolie with lots of room inside, plenty of room for gear and supplies.

Leave me a note here or skoolie7@gmail.com.

9. Skoolie7

Skoolie7 Member

10. CloudFlower

CloudFlower Member

I really hope this does not cause any problems at march confrence...

11. mellowthyme

mellowthyme Member

Wind power

12. wendylady

wendylady Member

Hi Cinnamon,

Good to see you as well! I've been a member for quite a while, but just started reading and posting lately. Couldn't take agr anymore, and I was never really a poster there, just a lurker. Never anything about the actual gathering there, anyway, just endless trolling about permits and general flame sessions. So I'm here, lookin' for the love...

Having a rider to the Natl. would be ideal, if we have room. I have a soon-to-be 7y/o, and our gear takes up most of the available space in our mid-size... Long gone are the days of just me and my pack. Now it's tent, sleeping bags, pillows, air mattress (arthritis takes it's toll, as do roots and rocks... lol), folding chairs, etc... Maybe I could streamline the packing process and fit one sister or brother with a small to med. pack, but I tried to find a rider last year and never did. We didn't make it home...

I'm not sure when we'll be able to leave this year. I'm hoping by late June. Do you think you might make it this year? I'd love to come back with a couple of your incredible tie-dyes!

Blessings,
    WendyLady

13. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

It shouldn't....Family has always worked with FS resource folks to help keep endangered species & sensitive areas safe.

14. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

agr...I am so thankful that I haven't had even enough time to lurk there in recent weeks...If it weren't for wonderful places like HipForums, I would have given up on the whole idea of conversing with Fam over the 'devil box' (me'n'JuJu were anti-computer for many years, still are in some ways but now we both understand that it's all in how one uses a computer). What I really love about HipForums Rainbow folks is that we can have discussions about permits & other 'strong-felt by both sides' issues without a flame war breaking out & there's a lot more love shown here than in some forums.

I'll try to keep my ears open for a good rider for you. Funny how we need more stuff when we're very young or old, and not even all that old at that ;) ahhh, for those days in my 20's!

Once again, I'm doubtful that we'll make it Home in the physical sense, but we're always there in the Spiritual sense, which is the sense that really matters..but who knows... If I can't get all the way Home this year, I really want to at least get in a trip to OK to see Miss Joy at the Vortex in Arkoma

15. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

i missed the other wy gatherings, and really cant wait for this 1, i was so glad wy was chosen this year and this 1 i wont wait till last min to figure out my ride situation, i think i'll try havin oit worked out months in advance...definately dont wanna miss it

16. emsterino

emsterino Member

I wanted to go, but its too far away for me. Im going to the one in Ava, MO though. Its only like 43 hours away, vs. 3 days away for Wy. lol.

17. wrenbrrd

wrenbrrd Member

The west coast is in my <3, but I probably can't go. One of these years, I will make it to my first gathering. Is it generally the case that it switches coasts each year? Maybe I could make it in '09.

18. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

3 days? u can go coast to coast in bout 46 hours if u dont stop constantly
    it suposedly switches each year but thats not really the case, its west more often then not lately, and whereever it is is where it is, waiting for it to come to you will just mean ya miss out more often then not
    if u want to go, u gotta go...it could be 20 years between gatherings in a particular state so if your just gonna wait till its close u may never get there
    wy will be so beautiful, 1 i definately dont want to miss...sure its a long drive and not easy to get to, but that makes it just that much more worthwhile

19. Skoolie7

Skoolie7 Member

Where is the March Conf.?

I reread the FS article and I think it may leave a few openings and surprises due to the way it is written and some common definitions.

20. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

There is a telephone conference with Mark Rey in the beginning of March...I can get more details for you if would like to participate