WTF is with anarchy?

Discussion in 'Anarchy' started by Peace_love_equality, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Peace_love_equality

Peace_love_equality Member

Can someone tell me why the hell anyone whould concider anachy as more than a personal pollacy? Its the stupidest idea on this planet...I mean, no rule. come on enlighten me.

Italy185 likes this.
  2. mushie18

mushie18 Intergalactic

I don't understand it either. Kind of like communism; it could never work.

3. makno

makno Senior Member

its a term much misunderstood ......anarchists can be athiests [ie bakunin ] or christians [ie tolstoy] comunists [ie kropotkin ] or individualists [ie ben tucker ] ......they can have an ethical foundation [ ie william godwin ] or an egoist foundation [ iemax stirner ] pacifist [ie leo tolstoy n thorough ] or violent like errico malatesta or nestor maknho.....and its not about a lack of rules , its about decentralized power [ on a local levell ] and volentary associations without institutionalized force .......look for "anarchy archives " on google n you will a website with all the anarchist classics from the 19 th n 20 th centuries . [u can read whole books on there .......or "infoshop ".....just look online and tell me what u think !

4. makno

makno Senior Member

yep when the people will lead ....the leaders will follow .........theres no government like no government

5. Bassist

Bassist Gate crasher!

People are fallible, greedy, and self-serving...good luck with that.

6. mushie18

mushie18 Intergalactic

exactly.

7. makno

makno Senior Member

thats why you shouldnt trust any of them to be your masters .....

GuerrillaLorax likes this.
  8. underground04

underground04 Member

i find anarchy, for lack of a better term, retarded. the idea that the entire species(sp?) would abandon their very nature is rediculous. think of it this way, if we had all governments dissolve, and everyone put all their weapons in a giant blast furnace, there would be that one ambitious, power-hungry guy who kept an arsenal in his basement. he would quickly become emperor of the world.(or atleast a very effective serial killer/local warlord)

9. 2cesarewild

2cesarewild I'm an idiot.

The only people I see who actually "support" anarchy are twelve year olds who listen to bad religion and have anarchy patches on their school bags.

10. Bassist

Bassist Gate crasher!

I doubt they think that deeply into it...[​IMG]

11. underground04

underground04 Member

exactly, because little 12 year old anarchy douche bags cant run enough track for a thought train of that length

12. Psy Fox

Psy Fox Member

Exactly thus why it illogical for the minority to boss the majority around, as the boss will always be greedy and self-serving. On the other hand when the majority is incharge then you get what is best for the whole as the majority has to agree with each other before anything gets done.

13. 2cesarewild

... wtf is that supposed to mean?

14. revulvar

revulvar Member

Anarchy will never truly exist.

If a government is overthrown and society knows a state of chaos in which people do what they want, eventually an outspoken/aggressive individual will voice the fact that he/she doesn't like what a certain person is doing. Others will agree.

Together, they will form the rule that this certain action cannot be done, and will enforce some kind of retaliation.

And with that comes the end of anarchy.

Anarchists are, as a rule, the dumbest people I've ever met, and usually the people who know the least about politics.

As someone said, anarchy is like communism. It will never, ever work.

Italy185 likes this.
  15. Peace_Nick

Peace_Nick Member

I'm no anarchist, but I think that many people that disagree with anarchy have never actually researched it. Yes, anarchy is a lack of government, but it is not a lack of organization. Actually, an anarchist society is mean to be highly organized. There actually are some very, very intelligent anarchists out there...like Noam Chomsky and Howard Zinn.

I personally am not an anarchist because I see too many holes in the theory of anarchism. What's to stop people from murdering each other? It seems that there most be some form of govenment to stop crimes such as that.

I do think that people need to be well read on the subject of anarchy before they can critize it.

16. Nolan14

Nolan14 Member

Anarchy is the way to go man. no man keepin you down... free love free people no oppression
    Faoirness

17. _chris_

_chris_ Marxist

anarcho-sindiclysm is like communism but ran by unions. thats pretty close to a government

18. revulvar

revulvar Member

WTF? Anarchy is no guarantee of a lack of oppression.

Grow up.

Italy185 likes this.
  19. Trin

Trin Member

The thing stupidest here is that all you haters are dissing anarchy so much, without showing even the remotest understanding of what it is that yer talking about. One should have a pretty thorough command of "what's truly up" before going on about stuff trying to seem all smart-like.

None of you haters have done yer homewerk on researching anarchism, and now there are none of you who knows what yer talking about. Truly sad too that you haven't the amount of understanding necessary to see how disturbingly narrow-minded of you it is to continue in such a limited capacity, it's sort of pathetic actually.

20. 2cesarewild

Radical government change like that can't happen until humans evolve more, IMHO. So, at our current state of evolution, I'd say the kids with anarchy patches on their backpacks are what's pathetic lol...

Italy185 likes this.