Wounded Vets Must Return Signup Bonuses!

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by skip, Nov 20, 2007.

1. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Wounded Iraqi veterans who obtained signup bonuses must return whatever portion hasn't been earned according to the Pentagon.

So if you lost your leg in a roadside bombing, you also lose your bonus.

Isn't that supporting the troops?

What a great gov't. we have!

I hope all of you folks just drooling over that signup bonus remember that if you get injured, you're screwed in more ways than one, courtesy of your Gov't!

http://thinkprogress.org/2007/11/20/military-demanding-bonus-pay-back-from-wounded-vets/

2. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

this makes me fucking sick

i'm so happy now i didn't sign those papers 4 years ago

3. skip

Unfortunately others on this site have signed up recently...

4. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

i know...and i have the majority of my friends who have signed up to, who now all hate it

5. skip

What can we do to dissuade other young people from doing this STUPID, STUPID thing?

6. flmkpr

flmkpr Senior Member

it seems like a SICK joke sign up we are behind you ohh you got hurt? ohh well live whith it!! while the same pepole are trying to tell us to support the troops? its way beond time to expose these assholes for what they are they do not do what they do at my behest!!

7. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

Yeah ain't it great how this administration supports our troops?

8. hannahannahannah

hannahannahannah What's a Palindrome?

And yet, they have the unmitigated gaul to tell me that because I'm against this war, that I don't support our troops??!! PISS on them.

9. gardener

You know any attorney that would take this issue all the way to Bush's supreme court would be a hero in my mind. It should be a class action suit on behalf of all those veterans that are ineligible because they can't fulfill their committment. I'd love to see the hearings nightly on the news. I'd love to see the administration's and congress's..all those elected officials respond to the big question WHY?

10. gardener

I think the equitable thing to do is pay all servicemen/women in line with what private security forces receive in Iraq. Think Bush and Co would go for that?

11. guy

guy Senior Member

supposedly

if they have then one can only hope that what they were looking for in life finds them and all their dreams can come true.

12. hippie_chick666

hippie_chick666 Senior Member

My fiance was kicked out of the Army b/c of a supposed Personality disorder, so he has to return his sign-on bonus. Too bad he actually has Bipolar disorder. Right now, he's working with the VA to change his DD214 to bipolar disorder. Had the Army doctors diagnosed him correctly, he would have seen a medical board and received disability. Personality disorders are treated differently and the affected person is kicked out of the service, no medical board, nothing. His tax refund has been taken as repayment of this debt. However, when his DD214 is changed, the gov't would have to return his refunds and start paying up. I imagine this will be a long-drawn out process, knowing how the gov't like to drag its feet.

Peace and love

13. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I heard that the military is using "personality disorder" to screw vets out of their money when they get out.Sorry I don't have more detail about it.But it's become obvious ,or should,even to the hardcore right that this war is all about the making of money .Damn,they're evil.

14. hippie_chick666

The VA representative from the county my fiance's parents live in had the same thing happen to his son. They fought the personality disorder discharge and won. I believe the gov't had to pay back pay for the time the son was out of the military, plus health benefits and disability. The gov't will try to screw you out of whatever they can.

Off topic, I know, but has anyone heard about the dead vet at Fort Knox? He was in their hospital b/c of the troubles at the Walter Reed VA Hospital. The vet was there for migraines, I believe, and they found him dead one day sitting in a chair in his room. An autopsy revealed that he had been dead for at least 72 hours or so. Don't remember exact details, but it was in my school's newspaper. Sound like a slam dunk case of medical negligence? I wish I was the lawyer suing the gov't for its incompetence.

Peace and love

15. guy

guy Senior Member

soldiers are disposable

if joe blow gets whacked or maimed in some war do you think the people who sent him to war in the first place give damn?

whilst the diminishing wealth of western civillization remains in the hands of people who are no more than fifth columnists, a lot of people who voted for them will continue to be shipped off to be injured for no other reason than to satisfy the religious authorites that are now running america, then there's the oil of course.

the long term outlook is more wars caused by an american theocracy and people intent on doing harm to thinking western culture.

16. SunLion

SunLion Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Sound like a slam dunk case of medical negligence? I wish I was the lawyer suing the gov't for its incompetence.

You wouldn't have a chance in hell of winning that one, IMO. The Bush Admin would simply order the court to dismiss it, and they would, end of story. It's called the "Because We Said So" doctrine, and that's how this administration works.

If that failed- it almost never happens, but it's not totally impossible- they'd just seal ("national security") the medical records, and slap gag orders on all the medical staff.

And no, it would not make the news.

17. tricknologist

tricknologist menace to sobriety

Holy shit, that is utterly vile.

18. gardener

Hippe Chick I've heard the Sgt. Cassidy story:

http://bayh.senate.gov/record.cfm?id=287617

It makes my blood boil everytime I hear this administration speak on our brave young warriors. You can bet the private security forces like Blackwater receive better medical care. Just what are all the trillions of dollars being spent on this war being spent on?

19. hippie_chick666

Lining the pockets of private investors and those who have personal stakes in Iraq (such as Halliburton & Cheney), perhaps? The people in the Armed Services aren't seeing any of it, unless they leave the military & then become a civillian hired by private companies. Then, their pay doubles to triples what they were making as military personale for doing the EXACT same thing.

Peace and love

20. Pepik

Pepik Banned

Cheney has no personal stake in Iraq.