Would you?

Discussion in 'Transexual and Transgender' started by Envy, May 18, 2008.

1. Envy

Envy Member

I saw a topic earlier on this forum asking if we would take a pill to make us the sex of which we feel (and know!) we are...

However, I saw this question on another forum, and I think it is a much more interesting question.

Would you take a 'normal' pill, which would change your mind to no longer be transgendered? It would align your mind with your biological sex, and you would completely forget any transgendered thoughts you ever had.

For my answer this would be a no.

I have a strange sense of pride for being the girl I am on the inside. I would never want to even think of having the mind of an guy. Ew. lol yeah. It's strange coming from myself, but I actually do like who I am on the inside - especially being a girl. I wouldn't change it for anything.

It would just change a big part of who I am... Too big of one.

So what are your answers? (sorry if I phrased it weird... If you have any questions just ask.)

2. Sgt.Peppers420

Sgt.Peppers420 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I agree 100 percent. Can't say it any better so I won't even try :).

3. Lillim

Lillim Member

I don't know. Since I still haven't even began my transition it'd be tempting to avoid all the problems going through with being transgendered would be. But I think in the end I'll be happier as a girl :p So no.

4. SorchaA

SorchaA Member

yes and no.

5. SorchaA

SorchaA Member

just thought i would throw a spaner in your works, do you think you would have been happy if you mother had taken a pill to cure your transsexualism before your brain finished growing.

below is a link of a study that says they may be able to do that.

http://www.pridesource.com/article.shtml?article=14518

6. Invisible Soul

Invisible Soul Burning Angel

That's a tough one. Life trapped in the wrong body is so difficult, and painful, at times i have wished i could just be a normal person. Even if that meant having a male mind in line with my body. I have a female mind though, and i cant even contemplate having male thoughts, because im just not programmed that way. I wish i could have been born with the body i should have had, a biological female body. But i'd rather have been born a normal male, than a trans female, just purely because this life is so hard. And having a body that conflicts with my brain is almost unbearable at times.

But would i take a pill to change my female mind? No, i wouldnt. Because i wouldn't be being true to myself. I am female, and that is my heart and soul, and i wouldnt change it for anything. Anyway, men's minds are gross, so NO!

7. Invisible Soul

Invisible Soul Burning Angel

No, i wouldnt.

Science will one day, be able to tell before birth if a child is going to be born with a brain that conflicts with their body. If that situation had been the case when i was born, id have wished that my mother would let me be born with my female brain. Then, with the knowledge that im born with a female mind, i could be given female hormones, and surgery at the earliest opportunity. You wouldnt have to go through any "real life tests" or anything like that to prove who you were, because the evidence would already be there. Its the brain that makes you who you are, not your genitals. So, if i was born female, i wouldnt want my brain being altered before birth.