would you tell your parents

Discussion in 'Free Love' started by prem1, Mar 7, 2010.

1. prem1

prem1 Member

or someone else if you were molested? i was reading another thread on this forum about early childhood experiences and many of them describe what could be considered forms of molestation. (although my definition of criminal molestation occurs when an adult abuses a child). these posts describe sexual exploration between children though the ages (and hence levels of maturity) vary. my oldest brother used to feel me when he thought i was sleeping...is that molestation or just kid curiosity and expression? i never told anyone, but wonder if any of you would/ did. seems like as kids everyone discovers physical/sexual feelings and experiences long before puberty, much less adulthood. does that mean we were all "molested"?

2. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

The example you gave about your brother is a good one.

If you and he were awake, you and he would be exploring.

He thought you were asleep, he thought that you weren't a willing participant (he thought you were asleep). That's taking advantage of you. Satisfying his curiosity was more important to him than your consent.

Kids being curious together is one thing. Kids not being able to say "no" because they're scared, asleep or whatever is molestation. (Kids not being able to say "no", because they lack the confidence to say no to the adult asking them is one reason for statuatory rape laws).

3. obelix001

obelix001 Member

defenately tell!!

4. wild-flowers

wild-flowers forever arbitrary

I don't know about that, he may have not asked for consent but you didnt stop him either, maybe you were a little curious too. Kids are curious, like cats. thats just the way it is

5. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

I dunno. How old was the brother?

Anyways, I'd definitely tell my girl, but probably not anyone else.