Would You relive the 60's?

Discussion in 'Ask The Old Hippies' started by PhotoDude, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Summerhill

Summerhill Member

Born '53 into a trad' Catholic working class family,I left school at 15 & was living in London at 16 with a bunch of young hippies."Something in the Air" will always be my theme tune of that time.Drugs were around & I took them if they were free but could take or leave them. I was high on just feeling free,felt really 'at home' then,had good friends & good times.

Aged 20 , we had our Son,I had to sort myself out & I joined the rat-race for the next 37 years. Ah,the past is a different country & theres no going back. But,every now & then,I may be trailing through some shopping centre or Mall & the Muzak stops & someone puts on "Something in the Air" and I'm right back there again !

2. thismoment

thismoment Member

Hey Summerhill, It's not too late to check into what's happening today. Drop in to a psytrance gathering - good ones all over Europe. It's not a reliving, but it is a beautiful scene.

3. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Sure, as long as I could still get my II S deferment.

It was fun and will never happen again in my lifetime.
    Very social.

4. Summerhill

Summerhill Member

Thanks thismoment,think its about time I did having just hit 60 !

5. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I remember THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of hitchhiking freaks going---everywhere. I sometimes would have a car full of "strangers." But not strangers for long. Most of them--I never saw again after camping or staying in Canadian youth hostels with them. ( oh those government provided P B & J sandwiches!) But there were plenty more where they came from!! Hell yes, I'd go back. Maybe to the jungle of the Big Island where time stood still--for a minute.