Would you go to a toilet barefoot?

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by BareyMommy, May 4, 2021.

1. BareyMommy

BareyMommy Members

I got into a little argument with another barefooter yesterday who I knew as a college student. Basically it was about public bathrooms. I personally don't mind going into public bathrooms barefoot as long as it doesn't look like one of those horrendous gas station bathrooms in the middle of nowhere, you get the idea. But she stated that she doesn't go into public bathrooms barefoot at all and carries flip flops with her.

I don't think that there are issues with the average public bathroom personally as:

1. There is nothing on the floor of a public bathroom that can harm you unless there is like a giant, thick coating of crap (which I have never come across). Pee is sterile and wouldn't harm your feet at all, so while I try to avoid it when I can, I don't care too much about stepping in it either if its in the way.

2. Pee and other things can be found outside of public toilets. Hell, when you walk in mud you are most certainly stepping stuff that contains yhe feces of something.

3. Going barefoot in bathrooms when there isn't really a strong reason to sets a precedent that will make you become more and more softer without reason until you find yourself barely going barefoot altogether.

4. Especially during summer those bathrooms feel nice

What do you guys and other barefooters you know think?

bill697cu and Nudegardner like this.
  2. Nudegardner

Nudegardner Members

Can't be avoided if I have no shoes. I do it a lot when I'm out.

3. One Man Band

One Man Band Member

This will be a subject with very personal answers. Comfort levels are challenged. I would lean toward flip flops unless I knew it was freshly cleaned. I do not like going into some of these even with shoes!

Barefoot Larry and Barefoot-boy like this.
  4. M_Ranko

M_Ranko Straight edge xXx

Just as long as the proprietor of the establishment has done an adequate job with keeping the place clean, yeah, I have no problems, and this is usually the case in the places that I frequent. But if there's actual visible shit on the floor, no, I'm not walking trough it, not even in shoes, because I don't wanna have to scrub it off, and infections are no fun. Naturally, if I have cuts or wounds on my feet, I'll be more strict with safety. It's another case of staying alert and keeping your eyes open for "land mines".

Nudegardner likes this.
  5. j17435

j17435 Member

So if you carry around flip-flops to put on before going into a public bathroom, do you take them off afterwards? So you are now carrying around dirty flip-flops that have touched the bathroom floor? Not to mention your hands touching them to take them off or if you put them back on again. Seems easier to just avoid public bathrooms if possible or go barefoot if it's not too bad.

Nudegardner likes this.
  6. bill697cu

bill697cu Members

I have gone barefoot in public bathrooms and don't think anything of it. When you got to go it doesn't matter. Most times I just pee outside but sometimes I will use inside public bathroom.

7. RT19

RT19 Members

Doesn't bother me at all if I need to use the public bathroom well I need to use the bathroom and if I'm barefoot then it's fine. Usually my soles would be black from the street grime anyway so it's all good.

riverman18 likes this.
  8. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

9. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

10. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

Shoes, bare feet. Both have their purpose. Obviously........

11. M_Ranko

M_Ranko Straight edge xXx

Holy shit, man! Who does this? That's no accident. That obviously took effort.

Nudegardner likes this.
  12. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

13. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

The internet can answer most questions.

"In general, I think very few people are choosing to shit on the floor. I think many more people are desperately trying to make it to the toilet and not quite making it, then leaving quietly in shame."

[​IMG]

14. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

I used the gross beach bathroom barefoot and stood way way back from the toilet to avoid any visible yuck.
    It was not as gross as the pictures but I went right for a walk in the water.

I could have got two shopping bags or even made two quick disposable foot coverings from one. But I really had to pee.

15. Codger

Codger Guest

I don't think you want to go into a toilet with shoes on if you wouldn't go in without shoes. And furthermore, you probably don't want to sit on the toilet, even with proper protection, recognizing that emergencies may make a difference.

16. BareyMommy

BareyMommy Members

I think that's a fairly good point.

17. barefootboy22

barefootboy22 Members

i went barefoot everywhere for 2 years when i was about 27. one thing i noticed was, so long as i had a pair of flip flops dangling in one of my hands, nobody looked at me strangely. and they did come in handy when i encountered wet floors in washrooms.

18. Nudegardner

Nudegardner Members

Went to a bar last Friday barefoot,used the bathroom. Yay.

riverman18 likes this.
  19. Nudegardner

Nudegardner Members

Anyone can piss on the floor,be a hero and shit on the ceiling! Can't remember where I saw that but it's stuck in my head!

20. barefootboy22

barefootboy22 Members

are those photos photoshopped?
    caus im really trying to understand why or how a person could shit anywhere but in the toilet, but my brain cant figure this one out.
    it really doesnt look like a slip and fall accident...
    hmm... i dont know if i will understand this one

Nudegardner likes this.