would you buy your 8yr kid a BBgun and let them roam the streets with it?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by deleted, Aug 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deleted

deleted Visitor

simple question..

would you let your 8yr old roam the streets with a BBgun that replicated a 9mm handgun?

and would you let them roam the streets with it, at 930 in the evening?

yes you would..
    no you would not..
    why you would..
    why not?..

2. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

Well, I had the Crossman that was dressed up to look like an AR-15 when I was a Kid, many many streetlights suffered.

I'm gonna have to think about this for a while.

Would I be a hypocrite for not letting my kid learn the same lessons I had to on his own?
    I mean I always say, theres no substitute for firsthand experience,,,

Hmmmm....

How the fuck did you get 37.5k posts in just a little over 2 years Orison? That creeps me out just a bit. :willy_nilly:

3. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

4. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

No, I Most Certainly Would Not...:mad:.

What Use Is A BB-Gun Nowdays Anyhow.?

If I Had A Eight Year Old, He Would Be Carrying Nothing Less Than A

A.K-47,:eek: And As A Responsible Parent, I Would NOT Let Him Been Seen

Dead With A Replica...:mad:.

There Is Only One Small Prob To Be Overcome Here, And That Is A Little

Thing Called RECOIL.

Methinks If The Average Sized Eight Year Old Were To Fire An A.K,

Tis Most Likely He Would Perform The Fastest Backup In Recorded

History....:D.

Cheers Glen.

5. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

A few years back, a kid that age shot himself in the head due to the recoil and was killed while trying an assault weapon at a gun show. I'll try to find the news article.

6. hotwater

Here's the story .....

(AP) 2008; Christopher Bizilj was testing a 9 mm Micro Uzi at the Westfield Sportsman's Club in Westfield, Mass., as part of the Machine Gun Shoot and Firearms Expo, when he shot himself Sunday.

"The firearm instructor prepped the weapon for him, and once it was ready he handed it to the child," Westfield Police Lt. Hipolito Nunez told ABCNews.com today.

Christopher then pulled the trigger, and the gun's recoil pulled the barrel upward, causing a round to hit him on the right side of his head, according Nunez. He was pronounced dead a short time later at Baystate Medical Center in nearby Springfield.

Massachusetts law allows a child to fire a gun with parental consent, so long as there's an active permit for the gun and a licensed firearm instructor is supervising. It is unclear whether the gun had a permit or whether the instructor was licensed, but Nunez said Christopher's father was nearby.

Hotwater

7. rak

rak Senior Member

He needs to defend himself from bullies somehow.

8. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Nowdays, If you Want To "Take Out" A Bullie, You Need FIREPOWER..:eek:.

Not Some Silly Little Gun You Buy In The Local Toyshop..:(.

May As Well Pack A Water Pistol...:D.

Cheers Glen.

9. hotwater

We definitely need more guns - I see the Maine State Police are living up to their reputation :D

2 deaths at Maine hunting camp 'unexplained'
    August 01, 2010 18:02 EDT

SANGERVILLE, Maine (AP) -- A father and son have been found dead at a hunting camp in central Maine.

Steve McCausland, a spokesman for the Maine Department of Public Safety, said detectives listed the deaths as "unexplained." The two were identified as 49-year-old Andrew Giroux of Saco, who owned the camp in Sangerville, and 25-year-old Dustin Giroux, also of Saco.

McCausland said the two men were spending the weekend at the camp with four others. The elder Giroux was found dead outside the camp Sunday morning. His son was found dead inside in bed.

Police have interviewed the four other men. Authorities said there was no obvious sign of foul play.

The bodies were taken to the Medical Examiner's Office in Augusta for autopsies, most likely Monday.

Hotwater

10. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

No. I would not of allowed one to be purchased or for them to roam about with one.

I did not allow even toy guns when they were little. Not that it really made a difference in that they use to play with others who made a gun out of their fingers and they happily joined in. :)

I was raised around guns. At 13 both of my kids joined the same rod and gun club that I did at the same age. They can use a rifle. They waited until then to learn to properly use a gun.

How anyone would expect that in any situation that someone could tell the difference between a replica and a real firearm when it is flashed or carried is beyond me. First instinct of all is survival. You see something, you react. It is a disaster just waiting to happen.

11. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

all I wanted to do at eight was strip off my action man, the sexy plastic he-bitch :rolleyes:

12. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

I would not deny the one mind this experience.

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Should be able to handle a .22 by 8. But not in the streets. It's much more interesting hunting animals.

14. deleted

deleted Visitor

inquiring mind want to know why?..

last night police were called to the 3500 section at 9pm after receiving calls of multiple shots fired . officers were dispatched to location with force, upon arriving and corning off the street with many many many many many many many many many fine police officers. It was determined that small children were playing with a BB gun... officers confiscated the weapon, cited parents and child services have been notified..

[​IMG]

If you think a BB gun is a TOY today,,, youre sadly mistaken.. ;)

15. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

Nine many's is a lot of police?

16. deleted

deleted Visitor

yes. yes, yes.. It was many.. even more than 9.. lol..
    Looked like your standard shoot out procedure, block cornered off, guns drawn, bullet proof vest.. kids really really really really will not be doing that again...

17. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

18. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

up here if you use an item in the commission and pretend its a gun it carries the same charge as an actual

rob a store and tell the guy you have a gun in your pocket even though its a flashlight...you get charged as robbery with a firearm

or maybe Im making it up

as far as the bb gun I say no...under 16 should always have an adult...as a side note I've been shooting handguns and rifles (mostly .22) since I was around 6...always under proper supervision..even now I still prefer having my Dad around if I shoot anything..times are different though...we cant just go to a sand pit or bush road...now you pretty well have to just shoot at the range

19. deleted

deleted Visitor

one parent said "i cant see why my kid cant play in the back yard" Police officer said "yeah lady you cant see!!! This gun looks like a firearm and will get this child killed!!!!" ..
    They were not in the backyard under the supervision of anyone. they were at one time Blocks away from their home as reported from other calls.. WTF.. back yard.. lol..
    btw if that mother isnt smoking crack, shooting heroin, shes sound asleep on seroquel..

20. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

First clue is 8 year olds out at that time of night that are not supervised. :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.