would it be more appropriate having this forum in the gay forum?

Discussion in 'Transexual and Transgender' started by Samhain, Apr 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samhain

Samhain Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I feel it would be better to have this forum in the gay area of the hip forums, we now have a lesbian and bi subforums in there so this would come under the heading of LGBT.
    My feeling is that being a transexual is not about love and sex its about who the person feels they are, now this subject is often confused with the topic of sex, because it has sex in the name and being a transvestite is often (although not always) about sex.
    and being a transvestite is very different to being a transexual
    the problem with having it under a sex heading is I question how serious people will take this subject (the usual chicks with dicks jokes come to mind)
    anyway vote in the poll above about what you think.
    Remember this is Skips decision, this poll is to gage what peoples feelings are, but the final decision regardless of the results lies with him

2. Samhain

just in case anyone doesn't know LGBT stands for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and transexual/Transgender
    S

3. dudenamedrob

dudenamedrob peace lily

I agree Sam.

4. mushie18

mushie18 Intergalactic

I can't believe this was moved under love and sex.

What an insult to the trans community.

5. BodyElectric

BodyElectric Member

I'd have to agree Mushie.

6. honeyfugle

honeyfugle pumpkin

i think this should be under the GLBT forums... makes more sense i think.

x

7. Allonym

Allonym cheesecake slut

transgendered isnt just about sex, its abouta whole persona nd how they perceive themselves... im happy its in amain forum but i dont thihnk this is quit ethe right one

8. Samhain

9. Innocent Angel

Innocent Angel Member

I think it was fine where it was, this obviously isnt the right place for it. Although i do think that transgender issues and gay issues are not in any way linked, (Although uneducated people think they are) that would be a more appropriate place for it than in here.

10. Samhain

the issues are linked together because of the LGBT community, now its an ongoing debate amongst its members wether transexuals should be a part of that and that will continue, however no one would say that that transexuality is part of a group like this, yes transexuals like everyone have love and sex needs and interests, but they would not come under the catorgory of love and sex
    S

11. SunStoned72

SunStoned72 just kidding

speaking as a straight person, with bi-fantasies, and gay friends, I'd say it's good in "lifestyles".

12. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

i think it belongs off the gay forum, since in that atmosphere people are going to be at least a little more tolerant, no one's perfect, and there's more to transexuality than love & sex issues.

13. mitten_kitten

mitten_kitten daisymae

I agree with Sam.

14. SelfControl

SelfControl Boned.

It makes more sense, if we're going to have an "Alternative Sexuality" umbrella forum. Obviously if posts are specifically about love and sex, there's no reason why they shouldn't be in the Love and Sex forum, but for the other stuff surrounding T's, I think it would make sense to put it in "LGBT". I'm guessing there's quite a lot about Transgender life-style etc. that wouldn't belong in Love & Sex because (duhhh) it's not about either love or sex.

15. Captain Zeep

Captain Zeep Acoustic Hero

I also think it belongs in the gay forum. It's a more tolerant community. A lot of the L&S forum are horny little teenage boys who don't know how to behave themselves.

16. Samhain

thanks to Skip for moving this thread, I will now close this but not delete it, then people can see the journey taken, also thanks for everyone for voting on the poll (no matter what your vote was it was a contribution!) and for the many postive comments in this thread.
    S

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.