would i get fired or randomly drug tested?

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by Swiggles, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Swiggles

Swiggles Guest

i just got a job at Lowe's and they swab tested me when i was hired. now i was wondering if anyone would have any idea if i decided to get dreadlocks in the next few months, would they randomly drug test me... or fire me... or tell me have to get rid of them? or anything.

im going to make them not to small but small and clean looking and im going to make sure i take good care of them... i can't wait to get them:D

2. Wiseman

Wiseman Senior Member

That's discrimination isn't it?

I don't know. Could they get away with it if they said they were doing it to keep up a reputation? Doesn't seem like they should be able to, but who knows. Laws are often ridiculous.

3. seizedbyanger

seizedbyanger Banned

if they tell you no dreads, then no dreads- depending on where you live some companies have the right to dictate your hairstyle, such as working in a dangerous position, around machines, or with food. it really depends on what you'll be doing at lowes.

but if you decide to grow dreads, they can't drug test you just for growing dreads- thats discrimination and they can get fucked sideways for that shit.

4. Swiggles

Swiggles Guest

yeah i would think so too. i think im just being parinoid about it because i need this job... and there are a lot of narcs around here and sooo i dont know... im kinda new to the town so i dont know the whole deal here...

5. seizedbyanger

seizedbyanger Banned

then dont' tell anyone anything, keep your mouth shut about all your personal shit and every illegal thing you do, its not their business anyways.

and if you need this job so badly, you'll quit doing whatever it is you're doing that could keep you from getting this job until you've established yourself in your new job & neighborhood- use common sense.

6. mamamojo

mamamojo Member

Yeah, what she said...

7. seizedbyanger

seizedbyanger Banned

she said :)

8. mamamojo

mamamojo Member

I corrected myself before you did. Sorry bout that, it's been one of those nights :cheers2:

9. Swiggles

Swiggles Guest

well all i do is smoke herb... i want to end up making friends at this job and finding people who do the same things as me and same interests... i know they dont randomly drug test... but it's just one of those concerns... it's not like im going to go and tell everyone what i do... ill have to get to know the people first...

10. menghele

menghele Member

lol who told you that? Ofc they wont tell you its because you got dreads. They can drug test you whenever they want.

11. Common sense? Pray tell what the fuck is that?

12. raz5

raz5 زینب

check the dress code and guidelines maybe it says something in there, it wouldn't be fair if you couldn't if you kept them up / presentable

13. Callie4Strings

Callie4Strings Official Spokes Bitch

It is Lowes...there are a kazillion other jobs in that payscale if they do can ya'

14. Lowes didnt hire me those fuckheads.

15. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

fuck jobs grow weed.. the only thing that will save the economy anywaty is the full lewgalization (and taxation) of weed and the full exploration of all its industrial and medicinal uses includiong hemp fuel
    get in now growing andf you'll be ahgead of the game when theyt wake up and realize how badly we need it legalized

16. Callie4Strings

Callie4Strings Official Spokes Bitch

SE I think telling a kid not to work and grow weed instead, is not very responsible of you. Especially since you have some kind of weird celebrity status with the younger posters.
    Just saying....

17. You might as well be spittin' in the wind with that post.

You're right though. If he's dumb enough to not work and grow weed he had it coming.

18. bcmama

bcmama Banned

I agree completely.

19. legal_rasta

legal_rasta Member

as someone else said, they can just say the drug test is for some other reason, check their dress code, i doubt they have anything in there, and heres an idea, tell them your going to get dreads and hear what they say. dont find out AFTER you put in work on your dreads. if they say you cant get them then just leave or make some kind of deal.

meh. its only irresponsible to say grow weed because its illegal and we are suposed to obey the LAW!!!!!. but i agree. leaglize the herb. :cheers2: