Worth It?

Discussion in 'Body Modification' started by Mokah, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Mokah

Mokah Members

Hey everyone,

These may seem like rookie questions so I'm sorry about that. Also sorry it's not a general question but more personalised instead.

I have been torn on a small thing

firstly, a daith piercing. I have very tiny ears and I adore music and since I travel on a lot of public transport and just am in public relatively often I wear earphones. I'd have to starve my ear of direct music listening objects because of this obstruction.

Does anyone have tips or relates to this?

While I'm at it: I'm interested in a nostril piercing. Can anyone tell me from experience if a big hole is left afterwards from them if and when you take them out?

Love to all

Mokah

2. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

Nose Piercing: Some people have a scar, some don't. So, it really depends on you. I used to have a nostril piercing, but that was way before. I've had two facial reconstructive surgeries since then, that's how long it's been.

Daith Piercing: It caused problems for me in the beginning, when it was healing. But, after that... I was fine using earbuds. Maybe it's big? Or it's still healing?

3. KarmaRose

KarmaRose Members

I had my nose (right nostril) pierced about fifteen years ago, I grew tired of it after two years so I took it out. I have a faint scar after the hole closed up, a person would have to look for it to notice.

1 person likes this.
  4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

the worth of anything; context, intention, purpose.

surgical modification seem to have high maintainence, that one cannot count on being always able in future to afford.

(other then very small things like a piercing or a tat)

crispix is coming along. one of these days we ought to be able to have REAL and interesting modification by recombination genetics.

until then, well i'm not interested in trying to impress anyone, but retractable claws and a prehensile tail would be useful.

would love to have a renewed and increased mental capacity too.

5. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

i wouldn't get one there just to avoid the risk of earphone complications.

3 people like this.
  6. Scratched

Scratched Members

I think piercings are sexy on ladies, as long as they aren't excessive.

1 person likes this.
  7. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I will tell you, when I had my septum it started to smell! I took it out because of that. I'm guessing a nostril might. Now, some people will say it's because I wasn't cleaning it right. That may be, but I don't think so. I seem to recall cotton swabs and rubbing alcohol. That didn't cut it. So maybe there is some magic formula; but I think nose piercings by their nature just possibly stink a little. Ask your piercing guru for information about the smell and tell me! :)

8. tallguy

tallguy Member

Anyone love tattoos on barefeet like I do?

9. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Nope......I Personally Dislike Them......Reason Being The Foot Is Such A Small "Canvas" Even The

Smallest Tatt Looks Way Too Big For It....... :)

Cheers Glen.

10. TipsyGypsy

TipsyGypsy Light of a Fading Star

Ive had my nose pierced three times. The first two left no scars and ive still got the third in. It closes up very quickly, within an hour for my last one.

I wouldnt get a piercing that interfers with what i do in daily life. If it gets knocked it wont heal and will just cause problems.