worth going alone?

Discussion in 'Amsterdam' started by beezwax, Sep 27, 2004.

1. beezwax

beezwax Member

i wanted some input from people who have been to the dam, i already bought my tickets for mid november and my friend was supposed to come with me, now all the sudden he cant go, i can get a refund on my tickets but they charge 100$ for it....all of my other friends are broke and cant go, is it worth going to the dam alone, or should i just take the 100$ loss and get a refund on my tickets
    =(

-beez

2. garf12

garf12 Member

If you are an outgoing person that doesnt mind finding people to hang out with I dont think it would be a problem, its a blast.

Ill be there with 3 friends November 24-29.

3. skytrancegirl

skytrancegirl Member

i think you should go it alone! dont not go just b/c your friend backed out on you, i'm sure you will meet people and have a blast

4. NEMISIS

NEMISIS GONE

What's stopping you from going alone.?
    The very 1st time I went, I was on my own.
    You'll still enjoy it, believe me.
    Maybe you should get into a hostel.

5. beezwax

beezwax Member

yeah nemises, im thinking of maybe staying at the flying pig, in the 6-bed dorm at the downtown location because i figure that will be easier to find!

i will be a bit nervous, and i am shy, but id say after a few heinekens and some bomb weed i will start to open up a bit!@ ;)

6. almostlostit

almostlostit Member

you gotta try stuff or u will never c wots out there. u will more likely have an amazin time on yor own; an meet loads new friends!enjoy...

7. velvet

velvet Banned

If you're going on your own, make sure you carry a card of your hotel location so if you get really drunk or stoned and loose sense of direction, you can ask people to take you or show you the way..

Have fun!

8. NEMISIS

NEMISIS GONE

Go

for
    it
    !

9. DSPSYSSTS

DSPSYSSTS Member

You may go there alone, but you won't be there alone.

Especially at the Pig, staid there years ago, was alone for about the first 5 minutes I walked in the door, then had a great time with a group of yanks...we got soooo stoned!

Do it do it!

10. nitemarehippygirl

nitemarehippygirl Senior Member

yeah dude... was there this summer for the 1st time, by myself.... stayed at the flying pig which was the best, then bulldog which wasn't as great, but hella lot cleaner.... :eek:

book early to get into the pig tho..... i think it's usually really busy. maybe not anymore.

just hang out in the lounges and you're bound to meet people.

11. Woog

Woog Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Me and Mrs Woog met several single travelers there. We had them
    at our table sharing loads of yucks. Ran into one guy a couple
    years in a row. A'dam is a great place to meet people because
    everybody's feeling open and good about everything. Nothing
    like a good buzz to make everyone your friend. Too bad the
    world isn't like that everywhere.

12. Joehorse

Joehorse Member

I'll be there solo from the 24th to the 28th, and would like to hang with any of y'all that will be there. Been to the Cup 3 times, but not this time. A good sight to book a room is bookings.nl.
    I've used the site for many years, and always find what I want for a decent price.